#181 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:39 AM

View PostCMetz, on 20 November 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

Its like a jumping commando. If you don't like the commando you won't like the lynx. Playing this thing is all about positioning.

Except it's more like a jumping commando that's slow and has huge arms that fall off instantly and has bigger hitboxes than a commando and has jumpjets you can't remove that eat up all the tonnage.

So a bad Commando.

Edited by QuantumButler, 20 November 2014 - 01:40 AM.

#182 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 20 November 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

Except it's more like a jumping commando that's slow and has huge arms that fall off instantly and has bigger hitboxes than a commando and has jumpjets you can't remove that eat up all the tonnage.

So a bad Commando.

It's physically smaller than a Commando and can field Clan weapons, and has superior hard point options. Clan small pulse lasers + Clan SRMs can put out some decent damage. If a Commando wants to go faster, and not give up the protection of a std engine, it will have to drop weapons or armor. If a Commando wants to try to beat the Mist Lynx in fire power, it's going to have to use an Inner Sphere XL or drop some speed or armor.

And after all that, it still can't jump. Now comparing it to the Firestarter, well, the Mist Lynx has 1 build that can match the damage, but it will be slower and have less armor. But hey, it weighs 10 tons less, and CW is coming. that 10 tons is the difference between bringing 2 Summoners or 2 Timberwolves.

Yeah, Innersphere drops could go:

Firestarter or Jenner
Thunderbolt
2 Cataphracts

While a Clan drop could include:

Mist Lynx
Hellbringer
2 Timber Wolves

What I'm saying is being only 25 tons is a virtue when you are trying to fill a roster.

Edited by Golden Vulf, 20 November 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#183 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

I will wait for the quirks until then Timberwolf and Lurms Muahuawahaa haa ha lots of Lurms. :D

#184 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 20 November 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

So a bad Commando.

But Lynx can deliver higher pinpoint damage than a commando and from longer distance. That's why I manage to have higher kdr than the coms I have. Beside JJ are awesome, imo.

#185 Powder Puff Pew Pew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:51 AM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 18 November 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

I am so disappointed in how bad the mist lynx is. I have firestarters, ravens, jenners,and spiders mastered. I was hoping it would be similar to a spider. I think the decision to lock engine size and jump jets is terrible. It completely takes away from mech customization. The mist lynx main flaw is its arms. The arms have huge hitboxes and not enough armor. Every match I have been in, I lose the arms first, and yes I max out the armour. You also shouldnt have to give up HALF your hard points for ECM. This mech needs to be re thought out and balanced. No one is going to buy it or play it.

The clan mechs have been nerfed too much. We need a light mech that can compete with the IS. Non of them are even close as an agressive fast scout. I am dont wasting money on the game. You preorder mechs and they give you trash.

Ive completely stopped buyin PGI's trash too. The Clan mechs I paid $1500. for are ****** worthless ****** pieces of garbage now. I dont even play the game anymore because of it. I have IS mechs but I'm just so frustrated with the constant nerfing and restraints on the No-Customization by PGI for clan mechs now I've stopped playing Mwo and went back to MW4 where you can actualy customize your mechs more. Mw4 allowed you more customizations than MWO with all the JJ *BS* and fixed engines-heatsinks-and other assortment of nonsence. Stop feeding PGI $ and theyll get the point. I refuse to ever pay another ****** $ untill they loosin up on the nerfs on clan mechs, and allow customizable builds again, changable engines and jj's + hs. Fuq u PGI.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users