167 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

Please leave your feedback on the latest CW update here.

Spoiler

#2 Semper Fi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe Great North West of US

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

Can we get clarity on what we will be able to bring in our drop deck and what to expect on the map?
I was wondering if it will be 1/1/1/1 in your drop deck or as long as you bring 4 mechs within 140 - 240 tons is your drop deck?
Additionally will there be restrictions on the field such as current 3/3/3/3, or 720 tons on the map, or something else?

Semper Fi

#3 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, honestly ID be fine with not HAVING to bring 4 mechs if we still get 240 Tons.

Otherwise itll likely be with 2 atlas and 2 locusts to get blown up

#4 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

What was the reason for the reduction in contract length? Russ gave some pretty good rationale for the longer contracts in the last town hall, and I was actually sort of looking forward to longer contracts.

#5 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

Would a 12 DW/TBR drop be possible?

Are the maps designed to keep Light mechs relevant for scouting (or generally where they can poke off to the side or do something else useful)? Saying it's an "open" map worries me that it relegates Lights to simply adding a bit more firepower.

Is it possible to take less than 4 mechs but still stay under the tonnage limit?

Edited by Krivvan, 20 November 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#6 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'm still wondering if Permanent Faction Loyalists will get something a little extra in exchange for the lack of flexibility.

For instance, it could be a c-bill boost (salvage multiplier, maybe?) for CW drops. It wouldn't have to be big (25% bonus salvage, 5% bonus overall c-bills, 10% bonus win payouts, whathaveyou). Perhaps it could be a slightly reduced cost to launching an invasion compared to contracted units, or cheaper planetary upgrades once those go in, though that'd be purely a boost to units and not to smaller groups or individuals. Maybe it'd be a decal that impermanent players cannot unlock, even at max LP.

My point is, true faction loyalists deserve something to set them apart from the mercs.

That said, will canceling a contract apply to permanent as well? I hope not, but if it does, it should be prohibitive compared to any of the other contract penalties.

#7 Geck0

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

The "open maps" thing has me concerned.I hope its not basically Alpine plus gates. Will make build variation limited to basically all snipers. I think we all remember how not fun that was.

Other than that it all seems legit so far.

How about letting us founders get some early test access? :D

Edited by Geck0, 20 November 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#8 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Are there going to be any supplies on the map or ways to access supplies?

Any other base defenses other than laser and missile turrets?

How is victory for the attackers achieved?

Can the dropships be shot down?

How does defender reinforcements work?

The reinforcement timer seems to short.

Edited by Johnny Z, 20 November 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#9 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

Totally against the shorter contract time the first plan was way better

#10 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

- 7 days.. wow, that's short.. anyway..

- Ammo?.. If they have CERLL and CERPPC?.. lol..

- OK, THAT IS IMPORTANT: I am not sure.. that my PC can load the Dropdeck-screen in 30 seconds... So, if someone has a slow/old PC can never choose his/her next Mech?

#11 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

Not sure I like the change to the contract system. These times seem way to short and could lead to massive swings in faction populations as some players try to jump to whatever faction is precieved to be "winning".

Edited by Asaru, 23 November 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#12 A big brave boulder of meat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOakdale, Minnesota

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

May have been asked before, but how large are these maps?

#13 Puppeteerxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

As for the loyalty points, all I've read so far points to greater rewards going to those who stick with certain factions for longer, but this seems to penalize mercenary and pirate type units. I envision merc or pirate specific loyalty patterns (merc would have large total # of loyalty points spread out over many factions, while pirates may keep below certain level for large # of factions for example.)

I have no idea how the following suggestions dovetail with what the dev's have in mind, but could consider access to black market items (if there is one?) for pirate levels of loyalty, or minimizing loyalty point losses for respectable (contract completing) merc units for the factions they hit? Maybe a salvage bonus to drops since mercs are good at living on the edge? Occasional very rare clan drop weapons that have a 25% chance after every match of breaking down irreparably.

I think doing this will encourage the units that want to be more mercenary to shift as CW demands - Liao losing bad and not having enough pilots? If there's an incentive (or at least lack of punishment) to shifts sides as needed merc units would be happy to fill the gap and hopefully keep a bit more balance.

#14 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

I'm so excited!

Posted Image

YOU SHOULD GIVE US PICTURES.

Can we see the dropships? The gates? The turrets? Give me stuff!

#15 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

1) Will Clan mechs be receiving their quirk pass before Community Warfare?

2) Will the Clans be getting access to Loyalty Point Boosters (such as the Medallions released with the Phoenix package)?

3) Will Clan-aligned players gain access to Loyalty Medallions for their factions if they bought the Phoenix Package?

I realize that these last two were posted before and that Paul said he'd look into it/ask Russ, but since then there has been no communication on the topic so I thought I would ask again.

#16 A big brave boulder of meat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOakdale, Minnesota

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

How different are the invasion maps currently in development from each other in the way of how the gates and objectives are set up?

An example would be like one having a series gates connecting a canyon that leads to a base while another has a citadel with a wall surrounding it that has gates on several sides.

Also, should we look forward to having more objectives than just a gate/power core set up?

#17 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 20 November 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

I'm so excited!

Posted Image

YOU SHOULD GIVE US PICTURES.

Can we see the dropships? The gates? The turrets? Give me stuff!

Go check the OP again. :)

Love the gif by the way.. hahahaha

#18 Mishatron

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Where do reinforcements get dropped? With their surviving lancemates or back at the original spawn?

#19 heimdelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:47 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 20 November 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

[color=orange]Invasion Game Mode[/color]

This is coming along nicely. The map has gone from the terrain map it was to a nicely art covered map. It is still an open map so keep your heads down and moving. There are now turrets mounted on the gates. Breaking through the gates is not meant to be an easy task but it is also not meant to be a drain on your logistical resources (ammo).

With 70+ Alphas being dealt at 600m+ ranges, have you considered the massive drawbacks for attackers running into open areas? I'd imagine defenders are going to win majority of these match-ups unless the terrain directly favors attackers in some way. There is just no possible way a defending team with advantageous terrain can approach Clan 'Mechs with Targeting Computers and Weapon Modules.

I'd imagine the static dropship spawns play a role for defenders who push too far up, but I may be wrong.

#20 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

I like what I'm reading; it's all to the positive. Please tell me you intend to put a mix of the Mercenary's Handbook and MH: 3055 contracting systems, including the types of contracts from those sources? And then the execution of the contracts, through objectives -like you're establishing, now, for planetary play-, please?

I would love to see strategic-level operations, as well, not just tactical, please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users