Apologise For Friendly Fire

50 replies to this topic

#41 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

If, When you cross my firing lane.., I'm not apologizing for your lack of situational awareness.

It is the sole responsibility of the pilot to be aware of his mech and those of the mechs around him at all times. (Yes, I realize this is quite difficult when engaged.)

I rarely have accidently FF someone at start up and if I have, I've apologized, though when in a firefight, no, sorry, you move into my fire lane and get hit, it's your fault. This goes for me as well. I don't expect an apology as it was my fault.

Though one way to save your rear armor is NOT let any friendly units behind you.

#42 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

I'll normally apologize for FF if it is really my mistake, if someone walks into my obvious line of fire then I will veer my weapon to the side and tell them to watch it. I expect any one else to do the same. If they come up and hit me in the arse with a weapon when I am standing there. I want an apology, more so as some of my mechs have to have the rear armor already dangerously low to make the front survivable, And if i blunder into a fire arc, i expect to be told to watch it.

Those of you who keep firing into your team mates backside? Well.. my group has ordered team kills for that among other offenses.

#43 Heisenbug

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 56 posts
  • Locationmom's basement

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

View Postmad kat, on 04 December 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

Can we please see some apologies

...I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize, my bad, sorry about that (thought I could squeeze the shot over your shoulder)... unless you're standing right behind me when i need to back up/off, I'mma shoot ya every time, that's no accident... :)

#44 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostHeisenbug, on 30 December 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

...I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize, my bad, sorry about that (thought I could squeeze the shot over your shoulder)... unless you're standing right behind me when i need to back up/off, I'mma shoot ya every time, that's no accident... :)

Was that you in the summoner? If so no probs my response was less than favorable too. So in hindsight i should apologise likewise for colourful language. At least we won! :-)

I couldn't figure out why i was stuck too but eventually got to back up. Then got shot in the back! Lol.

Edited by mad kat, 30 December 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#45 Rumplestiltskin

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 08 December 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

I've been in a true brawling mayhem in Crimson Straights. Somehow our teams collided and got completely mixed up. I was chasing a Shad clockwise around a building in my slower Awesome, when all of a sudden it comes back around! I unloaded a full alpha, coring his CT, when all of a sudden I notice the blue dorite above him. He was the same basic green as the red team's Shadowhawk too.

I apologized immediately and then anounced on chat I would be his meat shield as pennance. He was a bit "lol, ok", but I the rest of the match I was his big buddy in front, helping to shield his CT and drawing enemy fire. When I finally went down in flames I actually got a "Thx Snaga". He even survived the match (which we won btw). :)

I think I was on your side in that match. GG, it happens. It is not a bad thing to let off the trigger when your pals are PASSING THRU the sweetspot.It is a good opportunity to wipe the foam from your mouth. If you are crossing firing lanes, do not be surprised or pissed off if you catch a slug or 2 when transiting the crosshairs of your mates.

#46 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

One reason I love my Awesome 8Q, PPC's don't do damage within 90 meters. (And that is usually in the distance that you hit a friendly unit.)

Either way, its just common courtesy to say sorry for shooting a bud.

Sorry to Corv3x today, I shot you in the back when running around in Caustic. :(

#47 64K RAM SYSTEM

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

I actualy posted this on another topic already but then found this. So let me describe it here in more detail since I think it is actualy quite a funny story:

About two months ago I was playing Mechwarrior 2. Well whats wrong with that you may ask? Well in MW2 you set your mech speed by pressing the number keys on the keyboard (not the numpad as in MWO). So I started an MWO match and the first thing I did was to hit the "2" key to set my speed to slow and thus follow my team mate who was also moving slow infront of me. Guess what happened next?

Well the HBK-4G I was piloting had an AC20 set up to fire with weapon group two and indeed it did fire that said AC20 into the back of a friendly AC40 Jaeger mech.

Guess what happened next?

Well the AC40 Jaeger (that was not so friedly anymore) turned towards my mech. At that moment I should have been busy typing in the chat that I was sorry for the friendly fire but I was too confused. I was just thinking why had I fired at the back of my friend when I was just trying to set my speed.

So now with the AC40 Jaeger facing me I pressed the number "3" key to try and make my mech move forward. However that was not the best thing to do since that key fired my weapon group 3 (medium laser) at the face of the AC40 Jaeger. At this point I finaly realized that I was playing MWO and not Mechwarrior 2 and that the keys were different.

Also at this point I realized that It might be a bit difficult to explain my actions to the now extremely annoyed Jaeger mech pilot. And indeed I found myself to be at the receiving end of his AC40's. Watching my armor evaporate and internals turn yellow I was thinking that there is not really much to say at this point. I was so embarrassed that I just stayed still and took the punishment. :blush: Amazingly the Jaeger mech pilot spared my life although he did remove my front CT armor. I think he figured I was just an extremely noob player.

Well there I stayed for a while embarased and unable to type anything in the chat. I finaly did move around and shoot a couple of shots at the enemy too but it was the most awkward I have felt in this game. :D

#48 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

It is very important to always remember that anyone you FF on is an idiot for walking into your line of fire and anyone that FF on you is an idiot for not watching where they are shooting. ;)

#49 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostMad Ox, on 04 December 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

But if i do accidentally out of combat fire and hit someone will apologize immediately. Usually start of battle clicked to another window to check on something and when click back game takes that as a fire command of some type and teammate happens to be crossing infront of me. My bad I apologize don't happen often usually remember to check my fire lanes before so wont happen but sometimes sneaks past.

[alt]+TAB is helpful in this case.

#50 timaeus

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

I apologize as quickly as possible right after I do it because it's often my fault (though never intentional). Especially if it's a AC20 round to the back that drops them. :(

#51 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

I just finished a game where a teammate teamkilled two of our guys, then called them noobs after they called him out on it...

Wasn't an intentional TK though. More of a "Derp Whale not realizing he's dakkaing his teamamtes in the back" thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users