Frequent "logged Out" In Forums

10 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

Found something using search from a couple of years ago.

This is the only forum I frequent where I am frequently logged out (personal computer) not a big deal, just log in.
Just sometimes happens a couple of times a day.
I use CCleaner and use the options to save cache/data/passwords etc from various sites, convenience sort of thing, quick log into half a dozen forums.

Is there.....a setting or something I'm missing?
and I can't imagine its like my banking or Fed log in where security is paramount.

#2 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 04 December 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Found something using search from a couple of years ago.

This is the only forum I frequent where I am frequently logged out (personal computer) not a big deal, just log in.
Just sometimes happens a couple of times a day.
I use CCleaner and use the options to save cache/data/passwords etc from various sites, convenience sort of thing, quick log into half a dozen forums.

Is there.....a setting or something I'm missing?
and I can't imagine its like my banking or Fed log in where security is paramount.

It does this to everyone, the session time is set rather short. It used to be much worse, actually.

#3 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

Generally my login cookie for this site lasts 24 hours -- less if they reboot, restart services or patch the game.

But usually... it's 24 hours on my end.

#4 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

The best is when you get logged out in the middle of typing a damned novel-post... and lose it when you hit the "post" button due to the timeout.

How you timeout when you're actively doing something on the forums... is beyond me.

#5 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

It's pretty random for me.
I log in, I started typing a response for a few minutes, click the post button and nothing happens... I open a new page and it shows me that I'm not logged in.
On the other hand, I sometimes close all my windows and return a few hours later, and I'm still logged in.

I don't know what gives.

View PostMott, on 04 December 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

The best is when you get logged out in the middle of typing a damned novel-post... and lose it when you hit the "post" button due to the timeout.

How you timeout when you're actively doing something on the forums... is beyond me.

Next time click Back. I've had it where it saved everything, then just copy, relog in, and paste it. But now it just doesn't do anything for me and thats how I know i've been booted.
But yea, it's very frustrating. It says that it saved a draft for me, so why am I getting logged out if it knows I'm typing something? lol

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 04 December 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#6 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

Seems kinda random to me, as well. I've still be logged in after a day or so and I've also been logged out 5 mins after logging in, with nothing really going on. Just make sure to hit the copy button on any really long posts so you don't lose it.

#7 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

It isn't as bad as it used to be. I used to get seemingly random disconnects all the time, however I suspect it was because I connected using multiple devices daily PC, laptop, phone, etc, (not at the same time, just swamping devices through out the day), and the forums couldn't cope and would just randomly kick me off minutes after login, then a few minutes after that; no matter what device I was using or how recently I logged in.

Lately that issue is gone, the forum seems to do a much better job dropping my previous connection for my new connection, and once I log in it is usually stable for the duration of that session/device.

#8 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:16 AM

I get this too. I am logged out randomly and without making much sense. The damn thing will stay logged in all night while I am afk, I come back, post a couple things successfully, next thing I know, I lose a post because it logged me out... WTF... Very annoying and I have created a couple threads about it in the appropriate forum section. To no avail.....

#9 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

This drives me crazy and happens so much. I'll spend all this time typing a post out and then I go to post and bam... I'm not logged in... and it's not as if I say anything remotely useful or smart... BUT I still hate it... and then I just say screw it and go away.

#10 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

The problem is that the cookie doesn't refresh on use if it already exists. This is normally a trivial matter to fix...

#11 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

Totally random here, its been the same since I joined up a couple of years ago, it just got to me today during a post that wasn't that long, *click* gone

and yes, clicking back, saving info (rightclickcopypaste trick) works, but...its not like this is a banking site was more my point than "it happens". If this site is hacked, all my personal info is fake, from the 1913 birth year to everything else.
I dont trust sites. period. I just like to auto log in on low security sites for ease. thats it, no biggie.
ok, so nothing can be done, i'm not the only one, carry on, carry harder :D

Is there a module I can research?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users