Economy: Finally Sold Off 3/4 Of My Is Mech Due Poor Rewards And Extreme Cost Of Modules

828 replies to this topic

#41 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 December 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

The current Clan Prices are outrageous for the nerfing they were hit with! But complaining cause 87 Million is not enough space bucks for 30 days of play is just sad logic Blast.

Well I don't think the 87 million in a month is the issue he's bringing up. For me, playing just PUGs without trying to "game" the system (no premium, no heroes, no focusing on reward goals), it'd take me 30 days of 25 drops a night to reach that. Whatever, that's fine by me. That's a nice sum of money we've learned to live with. And for the sadists out there (I know there are more), many of us play just to kill humans in robots versus play to accumulate c-bills. But I think the issue he's bringing up is more about individual module costs than time required to earn money.

The costs are just really high versus the base chassis cost. There surely has to be a better way to price or implement them, right?

#42 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostFupDup, on 04 December 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

Because increasing your Small Laser's range by 13.5 meters is such an interesting End Game. :rolleyes:

If Modules are such a joke, why does the OP need to have all modules slots filled on all of his Mechs?

#43 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 04 December 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

A tax? lol no.

But that's what the costs of Endo and DHS are, since you NEED THEM to have a decent chance. Try running SHS sometime to see what I mean, perhaps you misread.

#44 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostBrody319, on 04 December 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

The Urbanmech's small laser is the deadliest weapon in the game, it doesn't need more range.

View PostFut, on 04 December 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

If Modules are such a joke, why does the OP need to have all modules slots filled on all of his Mechs?

Because some of them are very powerful, like Seismic Wallhack and Radar Derp.

Also, if you don't use modules, there are empty slots on your robot that make you weaker than a player who does have them filled. Basically, it's roughly equivalent of leaving 1-2ish tons of your mech's tonnage unfilled.

#45 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostTechorse, on 04 December 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

But that's what the costs of Endo and DHS are, since you NEED THEM to have a decent chance. Try running SHS sometime to see what I mean, perhaps you misread.

Might as well call Weapons a Tax too then, you NEED THEM to have a chance in battle too.
Damn PGI, taxing us left right and centre - we just want to play the game and rack up the Cbill piles!!

View PostFupDup, on 04 December 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Because some of them are very powerful, like Seismic Wallhack and Radar Derp.

Also, if you don't use modules, there are empty slots on your robot that make you weaker than a player who does have them filled. Basically, it's roughly equivalent of leaving 1-2ish tons of your mech's tonnage unfilled.

Oh, so you just brought up the "weakest" module earlier for no reason then. I see, I see...

I think the problem with modules is the mindset of some players. People aren't seeing them for what they're intended to be - a small bonus at the end of a long road kitting out and mastering your Mech. Instead people are seeing them as mandatory equipment from day one - and they complain on and on when they can't have it all right away. This is where the "entitled" comments are coming from.

Edited by Fut, 04 December 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#46 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

Op, you should'na done that, 'e was just a boy

#47 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Endgame-model. Working as intended. Go buy that Premium time.

I'm disappointed no one posted a screenshot of when they made 300,000 C-bills in a single match using a Locust with NARC and TAG, with the caption "Lern 2 economy, nab".

View PostFupDup, on 04 December 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

Because increasing your Small Laser's range by 13.5 meters is such an interesting End Game. :rolleyes:

It's also Role Warfare ™, lest we forget.

#48 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

View PostMister Blastman, on 04 December 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Well I don't think the 87 million in a month is the issue he's bringing up. For me, playing just PUGs without trying to "game" the system (no premium, no heroes, no focusing on reward goals), it'd take me 30 days of 25 drops a night to reach that. Whatever, that's fine by me. That's a nice sum of money we've learned to live with. And for the sadists out there (I know there are more), many of us play just to kill humans in robots versus play to accumulate c-bills. But I think the issue he's bringing up is more about individual module costs than time required to earn money.

The costs are just really high versus the base chassis cost. There surely has to be a better way to price or implement them, right?
But the Modules are trying to simulate something we as players of a game don't have... the ability to tinker with the Mech! To get that extra erg of energy out of a laser or How to thin the mix of fuel to get a more speed. So That 3 million Plus Cbills is our Time behind the wheel learning the ropes of how to get more out of our ride.

I apprenticed as a Toolmaker. 4 Years I put in just to become "competent". Another 16 years later I still don't know everything about every machine in the shop. But I do know the handful I run well enough to hold insane tolerances that are required in prototype.

#49 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Your complaint is expense of modules not rewards. Just thought I'd clarify for you op

#50 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostFut, on 04 December 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Addiction? :huh:

#51 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostSandpit, on 04 December 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Your complaint is expense of modules not rewards. Just thought I'd clarify for you op

The two are kind of interrelated, in that higher rewards would also make module grinding a bit quicker.

#52 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostFut, on 04 December 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Might as well call Weapons a Tax too then, you NEED THEM to have a chance in battle too.
Damn PGI, taxing us left right and centre - we just want to play the game and rack up the Cbill piles!!

Weapons are included when buying the robot, and buying more is just part of customizing it. You also only need to buy a weapon once, and you can use it on many robots.

Endo and DHS are just bits of text that you have to pay extra for every time you buy a 'mech. I guess instead of a tax, you could say it's like shareware that isn't a free download. You pay, and then you pay again.

#53 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostFut, on 04 December 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Oh, so you just brought up the "weakest" module earlier for no reason then. I see, I see...

I think the problem with modules is the mindset of some players. People aren't seeing them for what they're intended to be - a small bonus at the end of a long road kitting out and mastering your Mech. Instead people are seeing them as mandatory equipment from day one - and they complain on and on when they can't have it all right away. This is where the "entitled" comments are coming from.

Seismic Wallhack, Radar Derp, and Arty Strike are not "small" bonuses.

And yes, they are often something that are obligatory to fill in (other than the bad ones like Hill Climb and Gyros), just as most people try to allocate their mech's full tonnage. How often do you drop with your mech having less than its whole tonnage pool filled up? Do you often leave 1-2 tons unused? I know I don't, I fill up every last bit (even if it means stripping some armor, because max armor often means a weird decimal of unused tonnage).

#54 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

While I do think the cbill earnings in this game are way too low. (I play with premium and hero mechs and earn about 200k a match, and I only make around 10mil a month if Im active) WHY WOULD YOU SELL ALL YOUR MECHS!?!?!? Basically you just sold a years worth of work to catch up on a couple months worth of work. Also 87mil cbills in a month is insane, do you not have a job? Or if you do, do you not have any friends?!

Edited by LordBraxton, 04 December 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#55 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 December 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

But the Modules are trying to simulate something we as players of a game don't have... the ability to tinker with the Mech! To get that extra erg of energy out of a laser or How to thin the mix of fuel to get a more speed. So That 3 million Plus Cbills is our Time behind the wheel learning the ropes of how to get more out of our ride.

I apprenticed as a Toolmaker. 4 Years I put in just to become "competent". Another 16 years later I still don't know everything about every machine in the shop. But I do know the handful I run well enough to hold insane tolerances that are required in prototype.

Okay, I can see that for the weapons (laws of physics aside but this is Battletech. Physics don't apply here. :)), but how do you explain seismic sensor and radar derp?

It isn't like you sit around in your 'mech cockpit every day munching on doughnuts until you kill someone, scoop up their chassis remains and eat them to fortify yourself with vitamins and minerals. And in some odd way, you sprout spidey sense overnight because there was some polonium mixed with lead in a thorium coating with a cool mint flavor slapped on for good measure (it better taste good)... and you ate it. And voila! You can sense 'mechs magically through walls or re-calibrate enemy missiles inflight.

I'm not buying that for all of the 'mech modules. Some of them, maybe, but not all of them.

And yes, radar derp and seismic are THE essential modules. Especially radar derp. It is more useful than seismic with the abundance of LRMs lately. Okay, maybe a little less so now that there are so many Hellbringers but you get the idea.

#56 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostTechorse, on 04 December 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

I didn't misread. You are just wrong.
Upgrades is what they are.

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostFelio, on 04 December 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Weapons are included when buying the robot, and buying more is just part of customizing it. You also only need to buy a weapon once, and you can use it on many robots.

Endo and DHS are just bits of text that you have to pay extra for every time you buy a 3025 'mech. I guess instead of a tax, you could say it's like shareware that isn't a free download. You pay, and then you pay again.
FTFY. Right now every Mech has to have it. As the later TROs are added to the game, Our Present lot of Mechs will be... Replaced by better (hopefully) more Powerful (Omni)Mechs.

#58 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

so what happens if once CW comes out, you find that its not really for you. Or dare I say, something happens that you then decide you dont want to play Clans anymore in CW and switch over to IS? Now you dont have many of your IS mechs that could have come in handy for CW if you was on the IS side? OR... what if and when we start being able to use anything in CW because mix-tech is being used?

#59 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 04 December 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Okay, I can see that for the weapons (laws of physics aside but this is Battletech. Physics don't apply here. :)), but how do you explain seismic sensor and radar derp?

It isn't like you sit around in your 'mech cockpit every day munching on doughnuts until you kill someone, scoop up their chassis remains and eat them to fortify yourself with vitamins and minerals. And in some odd way, you sprout spidey sense overnight because there was some polonium mixed with lead in a thorium coating with a cool mint flavor slapped on for good measure (it better taste good)... and you ate it. And voila! You can sense 'mechs magically through walls or re-calibrate enemy missiles inflight.

I'm not buying that for all of the 'mech modules. Some of them, maybe, but not all of them.

And yes, radar derp and seismic are THE essential modules. Especially radar derp. It is more useful than seismic with the abundance of LRMs lately. Okay, maybe a little less so now that there are so many Hellbringers but you get the idea.
After (Black)Market Products. Ever try to buy something the government deemed illegal?

I have not even bought Dep or Seismic. Don't need em to kill others and not afraid to let other try to kill me first. So not Needed. Maybe strongly advised, but not needed!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 04 December 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#60 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

I honestly don't get this. I have a bunch of modules, but why would I need more than one of each? It's a routine for me, once a match is over and I want to switch mechs, I go into the modules and pull them, go into the cockpit and pull my stuff (don't make that dirty), then hit "Save."

Then? I install whatever on the mech I want to run. Unless you're magically running two mechs at once, why would you need multiples? Granted, once CW hits, you might need 4 Seismic or arty modules, but you're making it sound like you need unique modules for every mech you own. You don't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users