Economy: Finally Sold Off 3/4 Of My Is Mech Due Poor Rewards And Extreme Cost Of Modules

828 replies to this topic

#821 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 14 December 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

And you have ignored the purpose of mine as well apparently. You are trying to equate 1 WoW character to 1 Mech variant and it doesn't add up. 1 WoW character is the equivalent of 20 mech variants. Keep in mind I am talking "percentage of content" and trying to come up with a rough equivalent here because lets face it, we are tying to compare applies to tomatoes and they only thing in common is the color red.

Still since we are talking "time invested" it can be used for a fair comparison on just want you could accomplish in a game like WoW verse what you can accomplish here and the sad truth is that you could accomplish about 4 times as much in an hour or playing WoW than you can here and that is the point many of us make. The time you invest in MWO, a game with absolutely nothing to do but drop into an arena battle, is totally out of proportion to the reward. Basically the value isn't there and it is obviously hurting this game. I mean just look at CW, there are barely enough people participating to keep more than 2-3 planets active on the Clan front.

Let's face facts here guys, this game is in bad need of players, at least if we want to have a game to play that is, and one of the ways it is going to possibly attract new players by reducing the amount of grind required to get a decent stable of mechs going. Having to play 500+ matches just to get a full, competitive, drop deck is just insane.

Also the grind is pushing out the collectors and lets face another fact, collectors spend big money on the game because they are buying all the heroes and pre-orders as soon as they are available. However if the grind gets too intense, the collects will find something else to collect.

So the reality is, despite what you diehards (And apparently Russ) think or want, the grind needs to stop being a grind or , pardon the pun, MWO will grind to a halt sooner, rather than later.

Your trying to say grinding the 100 or so mechs available is to much? haha of course it is. The idea that grinding those mechs would be possible would cheapen them to such a degree I cant even come up with a word for it at the moment.

Collectors can collect them if they want. Nothing stopping that although they didnt make the 100 or so mechs to all be owned by one player.

The have made owning and mastering and outfitting a single mechs an achievement. Good call I say because the TT game and the stories say each mech is a master piece of engineering etc.

Thiniking about how lore treats a single mech and even the TT I say they double the prices on all mechs.

In fact I am going to suggestions and starting a topic to double all mechs prices since the stories say mechs are to be cherished not cheapened by being owned by players that dont appreciate them and even have the nerve to call for them to be worth third rate prices. Actually I am not going to do that but point made.

There isnt one legit reason to cheapen the in game prices or up creds.

Know what, everything above is true but I reall am serious, if they cheapen the mechs any more or make creds any easier to get it threatens to move this way from a Mechwarrior game. In fact I think they have done the pricing perfectly. Thats saying alot I know. Maybe some players should consider they may actually be better at making this game than anyone has assumed.

Edited by Johnny Z, 14 December 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#822 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

And you have ignored the purpose of mine as well apparently. You are trying to equate 1 WoW character to 1 Mech variant and it doesn't add up. 1 WoW character is the equivalent of 20 mech variants. Keep in mind I am talking "percentage of content" and trying to come up with a rough equivalent here because lets face it, we are tying to compare applies to tomatoes and they only thing in common is the color red.

Still since we are talking "time invested" it can be used for a fair comparison on just want you could accomplish in a game like WoW verse what you can accomplish here and the sad truth is that you could accomplish about 4 times as much in an hour or playing WoW than you can here and that is the point many of us make. The time you invest in MWO, a game with absolutely nothing to do but drop into an arena battle, is totally out of proportion to the reward. Basically the value isn't there and it is obviously hurting this game. I mean just look at CW, there are barely enough people participating to keep more than 2-3 planets active on the Clan front.

Let's face facts here guys, this game is in bad need of players, at least if we want to have a game to play that is, and one of the ways it is going to possibly attract new players by reducing the amount of grind required to get a decent stable of mechs going. Having to play 500+ matches just to get a full, competitive, drop deck is just insane.

Also the grind is pushing out the collectors and lets face another fact, collectors spend big money on the game because they are buying all the heroes and pre-orders as soon as they are available. However if the grind gets too intense, the collects will find something else to collect.

So the reality is, despite what you diehards (And apparently Russ) think or want, the grind needs to stop being a grind or , pardon the pun, MWO will grind to a halt sooner, rather than later.

Ui2.0 plus paulconomy™ killed the pokemech collector in me...

#823 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

And you have ignored the purpose of mine as well apparently. You are trying to equate 1 WoW character to 1 Mech variant and it doesn't add up. 1 WoW character is the equivalent of 20 mech variants.

No, it isn't

It's called maths

Show me your mathematical equation where 1 WoW character = 20 mech variants. Just because you pull numbers that "sound good to you" out of thin air, doesn't make them any kind of factual basis for anything.

#824 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

Still since we are talking "time invested" it can be used for a fair comparison on just want you could accomplish in a game like WoW verse what you can accomplish here and the sad truth is that you could accomplish about 4 times as much in an hour or playing WoW than you can here and that is the point many of us make.

Time invested

4 times as much?
Again, pulling numbers that sound good to you out of thin air isn't a factual basis for anything.
How about this, you tell me how many hours it takes you to get a top level fully decked out (since you want to talk modules and mastering mechs and such) character in WoW. Hours, not "4 times as fast" and not getting power leveled by high level friends quickly dragging you through all the lower missions quickly. You alone, playing through the game with no friends helping you out. How many hours?

Let's face facts here guys, this game is in bad need of players,

Facts?
Fact:
Record breaking number of players since CW dropped.
There's your fact in regards to player population

#825 Spawnsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

"This is a Comstar News bulletin!

Scientists are baffled today due to a major resurgence in player numbers minutes after the release of 'The Shiny Thing that was promised to people years ago'. We have Dr. Smart in the studio with us, Dr. Smart, do you think that these two events have some kind of correlation or are we just looking at pure coincidence?"

"Ve are currently unsure, alzough ve haff seen such behaviour in ze past after 'ze release of ze new game mode' and 'release of ze new gamemode 2: skirmish boogaloo', vhere ve had a massif increase in players followed by a slow decline as ze months passed after. Ve are currently monitoring ze situation and vill haff more for you later on."

"Thanks you Dr. Smart, more on this at eleven, now sports."

#826 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:16 AM

View PostSandpit, on 14 December 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

How about this, you tell me how many hours it takes you to get a top level fully decked out (since you want to talk modules and mastering mechs and such) character in WoW. Hours, not "4 times as fast" and not getting power leveled by high level friends quickly dragging you through all the lower missions quickly. You alone, playing through the game with no friends helping you out. How many hours?

I smell a flat out comparison between a WoW character and an MWO mech... This is a pretty bad comparison.

#827 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostThe Boz, on 15 December 2014 - 01:16 AM, said:

I smell a flat out comparison between a WoW character and an MWO mech... This is a pretty bad comparison.

I'm not the one who was making the comparison
I'd be happy to compare tricking out a vehicle in WoT or War Thunder as well if you'd like that comparison better.

#828 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 14 December 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Your trying to say grinding the 100 or so mechs available is to much? haha of course it is. The idea that grinding those mechs would be possible would cheapen them to such a degree I cant even come up with a word for it at the moment.

Collectors can collect them if they want. Nothing stopping that although they didnt make the 100 or so mechs to all be owned by one player.

The have made owning and mastering and outfitting a single mechs an achievement. Good call I say because the TT game and the stories say each mech is a master piece of engineering etc.

Thiniking about how lore treats a single mech and even the TT I say they double the prices on all mechs.

In fact I am going to suggestions and starting a topic to double all mechs prices since the stories say mechs are to be cherished not cheapened by being owned by players that dont appreciate them and even have the nerve to call for them to be worth third rate prices. Actually I am not going to do that but point made.

There isnt one legit reason to cheapen the in game prices or up creds.

Know what, everything above is true but I reall am serious, if they cheapen the mechs any more or make creds any easier to get it threatens to move this way from a Mechwarrior game. In fact I think they have done the pricing perfectly. Thats saying alot I know. Maybe some players should consider they may actually be better at making this game than anyone has assumed.

I think you need to go ahead and make your new thread as you have claimed you would. I for one will bring the popcorn and sit back and watch your point and claims crash and burn into the big BS ball of fire that a larger number of players know your claim to be. Do you believe and feel that way.... and is it fine if you do feel that way? Yes it is, and its great that you do if it makes you happy. The point is that some are also not happy about it, and it is also a valid opinion.

BTW... Your claim of only a 100 or so mechs is in fact about 100% less than the current mechs out right now...and more are coming every month. Lets not twist numbers to make it sound anything less then the reality of things, Ummmmm Thanks. :P ;)

#829 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

Im assuming he wanted Radar Derp on everything...With the amount of LRMs on Defend mode, I can understand why. I've sold more mechs than I currently own....

Edited by mogs01gt, 15 December 2014 - 11:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users