#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Loyalty Point Clarification

There was some confusion over how LP calculations were summed and bonuses applied. I'll try to clear that up a little.

First we need a case study so let's assume the following:
  • Player has aligned to House Kurita for 14 days. This mean they will receive a 15% contract length bonus.
  • The player will use a Phoenix 'Mech with the Kurita LP Medallion equipped. This means they will get a 10% bonus (for the 'Mech) and 2.5% bonus for the Kurita LP Medallion.
  • The player has Premium Time enabled.
There are 2 areas where LP are rewarded. There is the Match Contract Reward... and the In-Game Performance Rewards.

Prior to launching into a match... all players will be informed of how many LP they will gain from their faction if they win the match. No rewards are given at this point... players are just notified of potential earnings.

During the match, activity kickers will reward players with LP. Things like Kills and Assists will give LP rewards per occurrence. The table of kickers was in my last CW update.

At the end of the match, the total LP provided by these kickers is sub-totaled and the bonuses are then applied to this sub-total one at a time.

The image below should make it much clearer on what his happening:

Posted Image

Loyalty Point Rewards

Due to some issues that have arisen, we will be scaling back the LP rewards at the launch of CW Phase 2. This is a temporary setback as the issues will be addressed in Q1 2015. The problem lies in our ability to award packages of multiple items on a single redemption call to the database.

What this means is that when you unlock a rank in Community Warfare Phase 2 with Loyalty Points, you will get an achievement and a representative amount of C-Bills. There are more rewards that we want to give you but we cannot get this functionality into the build while trying to harden the current CW build of the game. The reward table includes C-Bills, Titles, GXP, Mech Bays, Cockpit Items and even MC.

When we address the above mentioned issue, we will retroactively inject your rewards directly into your account. I will include the PDF of the current reward table here.

LP REWARD TABLE

The fix required for this also allows us to add more depth and freedoms as to what can be awarded including some long standing ideas such as Faction discounts on 'Mechs or equipment, Faction decals or perhaps some 'Mechs as well. Basically what I'm trying to say here is that the LP reward table will not be the end target for LP rewards. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users