Welcome To Community Warfare!

129 replies to this topic

#101 FallenGod

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

After playing CW for a few hours one thing is clear...it's not for PUGs. Your just fodder for units working on their loyalty points or whatever they are endeavoring to earn out of the matches. Not a pleasant experience.

FYI... I get it. The game is about organized houses and clans. Long time Mech fan and honestly I like the way your going but FYI for game developers, that's not what the masses come to play. A game type that requires grouping up in units and having people available at scheduled times to make 12 man groups is a niche.

It's your game, I applaud the effort to make something similar to lore but good luck having the part time gamer masses subscribe to being fodder for CW organized teams. I hate people that are negative and have no constructive criticism but sorry...don't have a clear recommendation. Hopefully you can make it where everyone can enjoy CW, your certainly put the resources and effort into it.

Well, take it for what it's worth...2 cents, if that, but that's what I wanted to say.

**Edit... I agree with the above post. I don't think separating the queues is a good idea unless you had a really large pool of pre-made groups. That's why I have no constructive comments...I see the jam CW is in to an extent.

Well a couple more days into...and my opinion has only gotten worse for CW. Don't play unless your in a Unit. Otherwise...waste of time.

Edited by FallenGod, 28 April 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#102 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

Posted Image

#103 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:00 PM

Just checked in to a CW match.
12 Man -MS- team, vs. a Mix and Match of Jade Falcon.
- MS - slaughtered everyone as expected.
Check back with CW in another 6 months.

#104 Jade Dragoon

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:19 AM

If they had more game modes, more maps, or even just the current game modes then maybe it would be ready for a steam release and we would have a large enough player base to split the que.. Though the learning curve is still a plovlem

#105 Candrill

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

Lets face it, CW is broke.

I like playing it and still do. I would love to be able to point to a single reason why it is so far off kilter. Not sure what the reason is. Maybe it is the basic imbalance between Clan and IS mechs or unit size, or even player skill. All of them play a factor. I lean towards the fact that Clan mechs are just better than IS mechs. The fact that there seems to be more and larger clan units bears that out. More players are going to flock to the faction with the better mechs and the clan has them. So now they have the numbers and the better mechs.

Luckily there are player based leagues (looking at you NBT) so at least there is something worthwhile to do while CW and overall balance is fixed. Not that I am holding my breath, I have only been playing for year, maybe a year and a half, but there are people I know that have been playing this since closed Beta and the consenus it that change will happen slowly and sporadically if it does happen at all.

Who knows in a year or two maybe CW will be worth playing.

#106 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:53 AM

I played perhaps 10 CW matches about a year ago. Why don't i give it a go again since so much has changed since 1 year ago?

My answer: Because my main problem with CW was not the spawncamping or hyper effective builds players bring to CW.
My problem with CW is the maps. All those cliffs that cannot be climbed and the bottlenecks at the gates.
I hated the lack room to run around with a light mech so much that CW became totally unplayable for me. I cannot have fun with it.

That's why i will never touch CW untill all the maps have been reworked so that we can actually flank the enemy in a sensible way.
Yes i said that all CW maps have to be reworked. All of them.

#107 striker8

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:17 PM

I just returned to the game after a few years and while the main game is decent, the community warfare mode is a crock. It just plain sucks, why in the world would anyone think it's a good idea to promote solo players being thrown to the wolves against organized groups who plan and min/max everything? And don't even start with the "you can going a group," crap. I have no desire to even deal with a "group" comprised of the people I've seen in game in "groups" and I know no one personally even willing to play this game because of the elitist attitudes projected by so many here.

I'll plug away at it until the stupid holiday thing is done and then I'll never play again unless it's changed a manner that looks like it might be fun. The first step would be Stop putting organized groups greater than lance sized amongst random solo players. Any groups larger than lance sized should only face other groups period and trying to argue against that just tells me your a stat padding sea clubber who thinks he's good when in truth your just sad.

Edited by striker8, 30 December 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#108 Irishtoker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn a hole at the bottom of the Nexus.

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:24 AM

I'm new, but it seems that with time, and the boost of fresh players from Steam the CW issues will correct themselves.

Unless the playerbase of group players increases not much can be done.

I've spent the last hour or so prowling the forums for a thread that would give me some clear understanding of what Im missing out on by being a purely solo player. Their are benefits, I'm sure to being with a clan or faction (same thing?). What can I actually get with LP? Don't know...because I have yet to see anyone mention it anywhere.

Things are improving that is for sure. so lets let things sort out.

#109 Ragnar Bashmek

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChandler, TX

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

View PostIrishtoker, on 03 January 2016 - 07:24 AM, said:

I'm new, but it seems that with time, and the boost of fresh players from Steam the CW issues will correct themselves.

Unless the playerbase of group players increases not much can be done.

I've spent the last hour or so prowling the forums for a thread that would give me some clear understanding of what Im missing out on by being a purely solo player. Their are benefits, I'm sure to being with a clan or faction (same thing?). What can I actually get with LP? Don't know...because I have yet to see anyone mention it anywhere.

Things are improving that is for sure. so lets let things sort out.

I play both as a member of a group and as a single player.

In group play you generally are up against more highly skilled players and are in a team of more highly skilled players yourself, so the "level" of play is increased, and teamwork has a greater emphasis. Teams always use some type of common voice chat like TS3, so their is more social interaction. On the downside the time between matches is increased and there is a lot more idle "wait time".

Single play goes much faster and there is minimal "social overhead". Generally single play produces more "C-Bills" in a given amount of time. So, for instance, I always do "Mech leveling" in single play but really enjoy playing with a coordinated team of highly competent players in my group (228th IBR). You will learn more about tactics and playing styles in a group.

Both play types have their advantages.

Skol,

Ragnar

#110 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

What is current max tonnage for IS and CLAN dropships in CW ?
(no client to check)

#111 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:11 AM

View PostStorky, on 31 March 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

What is current max tonnage for IS and CLAN dropships in CW ?
(no client to check)

260 tons.

Just curious: as clan can you attack another clan's planet or is only IS vs IS or Clan vs IS?

#112 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 31 March 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

260 tons.

Just curious: as clan can you attack another clan's planet or is only IS vs IS or Clan vs IS?

Yes, you can attack any faction you share a border with. Clans can attack another Clan's border. It's just not typically done, becuase reasons.

Frankly, they need to do it earlier after each map reset if they want to shoulder their neighbor out of the way and get to Terra first. Otherwise, Wolf or Bear has the inside track all the way.

Each Clan wants to get there first in lore, but the Clan players in the early phases here tended to complain about taking momentum away from the IS borders and the forward push by fighting each other.

Right now, there just aren't many Clan players, so there's not a lot of attacking going on to begin with unless a major unit shows up with numbers to rearrange the map a little.

Let's see what happens when Phase 3 arrives :)

#113 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:11 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 31 March 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

Of course you can. It simply does not make sense at the moment. As a Clan player I have a guaranteed IS match in at least 1-3 minutes. Beside the fact that Clan vs Clan conflicts have been mainly initiated by merc units to get attack lanes to other IS territories in the past.

#114 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

Can't say enough good things about the new faction stuff :)

#115 Fanatic

• 1,326 posts
  • LocationColonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

Posted Image

did an animated gif of Beta Phase 2 (first and last day)
Source: http://www.morgansli...?season=default

#116 Matches Malone

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:17 PM

Please: stop wasting your thin resources and delete cw already. neither do you have the quantity of players to keep this going (or even getting it started), nor is it anything else but pointless to put up any IS force against any CLAN force of aproximately the same tonnage since the clanners were invented to be superior to their IS counterparts and they still are, no matter what shy perks and quirks you put out and no matter if you let the clanners start with 10 or 20 tons less of weight. it´s utterly frustrating for anybody having a life apart from MWO to be stuck in an IS team trying to score against a clan force, no matter what all you fanboys might say. and your long-tom-crap just made it much worse. implement your cw-maps into the regular game, let us have a "CLAN vs IS" option for matchmaking (since I don´t want to drop alongside those meta-human-facist-clanners), and put up some SERIOUS weight-limit for the clanners while doing so.

#117 Korak18

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in "Reaver Space"

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

Apologies if all ready mentioned..
Was gonna HI Lite when FW Scouting started...small issue but
Very very very aggravating.......
Really PGI ....Green Smoke on Caustic Valley.....try defending that...

Pls fix

#118 TRITATUTTO

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

CW is balanced ...lol

#119 Lehmund

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:54 AM

I see a lot of posts about balance issues IS vs Clan etc... and in particular around FW since it's often Clan mech only vs IS mechs only.

Did quite a bit of analysis in maps and between mechs and this is what I think:

- Ton per Ton Clan mechs should win at longer range and IS mechs should win short range brawls when in duel conditions. This is just because IS lasers cycle faster than clan even though clan weapons can be bigger and perhaps carry more of them + at longer ranges.
- Most FW maps except for Boreal are played at brawl distances pretty quickly, given the nature of the choke points designed within. There are long range areas but they are not very useful in practice to give advantage to Clan mechs.

In FW, due to map design, IS has an advantage in combat, hence why even though, assuming a clan pilot is just as skilled as the average IS pilot, clan factions are losing the war (JF is doing well, but that's mostly due to large strong Merc units that are with them and staying with them over long periods.

I believe, if some of the suggestions for the maps or invasion game modes are implemented (from different areas on these forums), it should better allow both IS and Clan to fight at ranges that would favor them more, giving way to more interesting battles where choice of battlefield .

#120 TiggerBandit

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

Kind of getting sick of being splattered by streak crows.
I would of thought scouting missions were for scouts not for mediums loaded with streak missiles.
Please PGI drop the weight limit for scout missions to 40.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users