To Many Turrets In Cw?

10 replies to this topic

#1 HavoK 99

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

I have done two CW battles now both attacking and maybe its just me but the number of defense turrets seems a bit over the top. Its that or the fact that each turret mounts 2 large lasers I had one kill my spider before I could take it out just me vs the turret. Anyone else think the turrets should be either dropped in number or atleast changed to medium lasers?

#2 Frenche6

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

During testing there was actually to little turrets. Larger turrets are a way to slow down the attacker's zerg rush strategy, at least a little bit.

#3 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Why not a mix of both?

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

actually the dropships are anm issue, they shoot you soooo fr away, its hardly a chance for attackers not to be shot when someone dies and respawns.

turrets can be contered, but a ferakign dropship appearing above you while it lands like 1200m away and shooting at people while flying to that position is just kinda nonsense.

#5 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

Turrets aren't the issue.

Defenders having a massive hill to sit on while attackers have a tiny little path to shoot the generator from is. I got bored out by half a dozen Stormcrows before I could even take a shot last round. At least that's how my rounds on the snow map went.

#6 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

If it wasn't hard to attack, the map would resemble a kaleidoscope view real soon.

#7 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 11 December 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

actually the dropships are anm issue, they shoot you soooo fr away, its hardly a chance for attackers not to be shot when someone dies and respawns.

turrets can be contered, but a ferakign dropship appearing above you while it lands like 1200m away and shooting at people while flying to that position is just kinda nonsense.

Yup, the defenders spawn right on top of Omega and their dropships shoot everyone even at the gates. it's crazy

#8 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 11 December 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

If theres 3 or 4 mechs, the drop ship spreads attacks against them, you can easily spawn camp.

#9 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

Kinda hope the maps improve a bit overtime.

There should be at first maybe 2 ways to approach for the attackers, then the map opens up a fair bit to give the attackers maybe 4 good appraoches, then maybe back down to 2 and finally the last objective. And maybe there should be flanking locations where only JJ can get to, kinda improve hte viability of JJ.

#10 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Who would have though taking a planet wouldn't be that easy.... :ph34r:

#11 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

Attacking is fine, but nobody in PUG CW seems willing to do what's needed to win it.

Tip: The gun generator drops pretty fast if you actually shoot at it.

Edited by Levi Porphyrogenitus, 11 December 2014 - 06:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users