General Thoughts On How To Make Cw Better.

Gameplay Metagame General

2 replies to this topic

#1 GenAce2010

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

Hello fellow MechWarriors!

This is my first post here on the forums, just wanted to get that out of the way :).

I am unsure if this is considered "planned" or not but I was thinking that instead of arena battles that everything was part of the community warfare system. This would ensure that all player participation is part of the war and to ensure that there are more battles on more planets.

I was also thinking that there might be a general chat system that players would auto join when they log in. This chat would tie into whatever faction they choose (I.E they choose Davion they are in Davion chat). This would also allow players to meet one another creating a social networking. --Side note-- put a reputation meter in so players can give other players commendations after battle. And people can they see who 'exceptional' players are.--end side note-- This chat system would encourage organized PUGs.

I was also thinking about links between planets. Each planet wpuld be linked to two different planets. This would create focal points for players to participate in, greatly decreasing queue times.

I would also like to see them remove lance sizes and instead put tonnage limits in for each battle, so have some really big battles because their could be more players in a map.

And last thought would be to reduce the number of planets and instead create multiple battle zones that players can attack. Example: star port, oil refineries, mines, city centers, etc. You can use the existing game modes for the aforementioned battle zones. These battle zones would unlock attributes for that planet. Example: Can't fly a star ship without a star port or fuel, meaning you couldn't attack the next planet.

As I said these are just ideas and I am unsure if they are in planning.

#2 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

• Be able to see map conflicts between factions other than your own. Me in liao able to see that marik is attacking davion
  • Be able to see a list of match history in a contested planet
  • Show which faction is attacking, which faction is defending (right now can just see which is defending "occupying"

Edited by Jin Ma, 11 December 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#3 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

Neat Ideas OP.

To add to the list, I think a House-wide global chat would be helpful.
A lot like how there's General, and Trade channels in other MMO's.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 11 December 2014 - 04:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users