9 replies to this topic

#1 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

Posted this on another forum but thought I'd share my initial view here too -

Yeah CW is a lot of fun. Hard for the attackers though but not impossible.

It's the subtle changes that make it a better game though - like finally you know that what you're fighting for will make a difference and it's clans v IS. It's actually good to see all clan mechs on your side. Subtle things like that that enhances the immersion quite alot, at least for me.

Also I finally got the old feeling of actually playing a BT game once you come out of the dropship. Haven't felt that way since the original MW and MW2. It's not just a generic mech game anymore.

It's f'n Battletech and I'm loving it.

There are teething problems but this is definitely a right step.

#2 Father Bill

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWherever the Fox needs me

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostNauht, on 11 December 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

It's f'n Battletech and I'm loving it.

Absolutely!

#3 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

Definitely. There are a lot of issues, discons, framerates, seems to be even more hate than in pugs, but overall...MechWarrior instead of COD with extra armor.

#4 StRohl

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

Have to agree also. CW is GREAT! only gonna get better.

#5 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

Obvious framerate issues aside - this is a huge step up for the game. Just got through a full pug defense against a Kurita 12-man that went straight to the wire. We'd jumped to a huge lead early and ended the match holding out with just a 39-37 edge. Insanely fun and got my eyes bleeding to a point I've never had before in this game. Yes, it's totally different. Yes, there are clearly ways to game the system and huge advantages to teams with voip comms - but still just a blast to play any way you cut it. I'd held my poor Mad Dog out for about 12 minutes straight just praying I didn't take that one last pop... So much more intense and enjoyable when the enemies just keep pouring in towards you.

#6 cacti46

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

I do love the change of pace the mode brings, This id deffinatly a step up in both difficulty and coordination required for groups. There are certainly some issues that require some hashing out, like the amount of advantages given to one side versus the other and so on. still, its fun as hell

#7 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

I love it. It actually feels like BattleTech!

It's got some HUGE teething problems but all all its great!

#8 Lead Sponge

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:27 AM

Yeah, this is the most fun I've had in the game in ages. I feel like I'm actually playing Battletech.

I think the only thing I'd like to see is turrets spread out along the approach outside the gates. It feels like everything is clustered up close to the base and a lot of the map feels wasted most of the time. It would feel a bit more like a MOBA if the turrets were spread like lanes in MOBA games. It would potentially draw people out of the base a bit more. Some fights out in the field would be nice, but right now it just feels like everyone clusters up. I'd like to see more raiding.

In the future, with other maps, a series of walls could be cool. So you sort of have multiple objectives spread out and you fight your way through. Maybe even a dual base mode where both sides have a base to attack and defend.

Great work as a whole, and I'm having great time.

#9 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:35 AM

I'm having a lot of difficulty seeing how this greatly varies from the standard game. its peek-a-boo on a different map. The only difference is I'm back to getting rolled by 12 man teams again

#10 SpajN

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:20 AM

aslong as its pug vs pug its really really fun. But when you see you drop vs a full 12 man premade its just a huge waste of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users