round?

#3 Popper100

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

View PostBrody319, on 11 December 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

round?

Attack phase, where planets change hands. As far as I know, we one and held three, so IS round one?

#4 Rilenn

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yes attack phase before the cease fire kicked in. I think IS took two total...zion, and another in Ras space.....Clans defended all? Think GB took one from us wolves.

#5 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

Still kinda hard to believe CW is actually here.

#6 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

I've been trying to capture the same damn planet for like 5 hours now.

#7 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

I defended Susquehanna from one Ghost Bear assault, at least. It was funny, I started the match in a CDA-3M... and ended it in the same CDA-3M. Red CT, but alive. Was glorious.

Silly Bears lost several mechs to rushing into turret fire, though. Guys, those things sport LARGE LASERS. You don't want to ignore those things... :)

In any case, it was fun.

#8 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

Dunno it was strange how things worked on the map. On the main map screen you don't get much feedback about what has happened while you are in a match. MGA and MRR were defending Zion earlier. We would win a match and when we got back out to the lobby screen the attackers had 3 more tokens. I only had time to play a couple matches, both wins, before I had to log off.

It never really mattered how well we did. All we ever saw was Attackers getting more tokens. It would be nice if there was a tally of total defender wins or something. Maybe a match log that would highligh matches you took part in so you had a little more feedback about what is going on.

#9 Rilenn

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

Feedback on the matches for the planet would help. Good suggestion Thomas.

#10 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 December 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

Dunno it was strange how things worked on the map. On the main map screen you don't get much feedback about what has happened while you are in a match. MGA and MRR were defending Zion earlier. We would win a match and when we got back out to the lobby screen the attackers had 3 more tokens. I only had time to play a couple matches, both wins, before I had to log off.

It never really mattered how well we did. All we ever saw was Attackers getting more tokens. It would be nice if there was a tally of total defender wins or something. Maybe a match log that would highligh matches you took part in so you had a little more feedback about what is going on.

We were on Zion too and defending and won both of our games, but there was no change in the dial on the planet whatsoever when we were done.

#11 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

#TeamDavion. first round to #TeamDavion St. Loris yes...we own that. Liaos' didn't want it anymore, so we just went ahead and taken it...along with many more planets

#12 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

What I want to know is how does it figure which unit to award it to....the DHB hit Wing over and over, got it up to 11 wins, and it says LMAO is holding it.....

#13 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

The Clans, on the cold map, in defense, are ridiculously powerful. Long range, great mobility, great exploitation of cover.

The 'Sphere is really pushing it uphill trying to crack that nut. I've had a few goes, all have ended with the trashborn scum sneering down their noses at the mewling wreck I end up as.

In attack on the cold map, however, they don't seem to fare as well. The lack of a fast light to sew discord really seems to hurt them, and in defense, the 'Sphere can just wait in positions where they will be in optimal range of the Clans.

Makes me think I need two completely different decks for attack and defense. I really like that idea.

#14 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 12 December 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

The Clans, on the cold map, in defense, are ridiculously powerful. Long range, great mobility, great exploitation of cover.

The 'Sphere is really pushing it uphill trying to crack that nut. I've had a few goes, all have ended with the trashborn scum sneering down their noses at the mewling wreck I end up as.

In attack on the cold map, however, they don't seem to fare as well. The lack of a fast light to sew discord really seems to hurt them, and in defense, the 'Sphere can just wait in positions where they will be in optimal range of the Clans.

Makes me think I need two completely different decks for attack and defense. I really like that idea.

This. Being able to have two seperate decks for attack and defense ready to go is going to be a must.

#15 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:22 AM

I have seen Jager XII + Crew simply rushing the left side of Boreal to the Giant Cannon while killing stuff on their way and then end it soon by ignoring the defenders and concentrate on destruction of the Giant Cannon.

And another where they had to defend - that one took longer but only bcs there is no Surrender or Disengage Button - IS stood no chance - they were naled down at their Spawnpoints after the Clans jumped over their closed gates and pushed the attackers back with superior range and mobility - Boreal makes their superior range and mobility really shine.

And Boreal really benefts their Laser based loadouts (have no played or seen any match on Sulfur).

Jager had a Dropdeck 1 TBR and 3 SCRs...

Edited by Thorqemada, 12 December 2014 - 04:24 AM.

#16 Hamish McPiton

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFishing out of my cockpit hatch.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:29 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 12 December 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

I have seen Jager XII + Crew simply rushing the left side of Boreal to the Giant Cannon while killing stuff on their way and then end it soon by ignoring the defenders and concentrate on destruction of the Giant Cannon.

I only played that map once - a defeat in attacking where our whole team played brawl like it was Skirmish or something.
How hard is it to destroy the cannon?

#17 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

It doesnt matter if IS or Clans won...guess what? Clans still OP....lol. no?

#18 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:05 AM

The Giant Cannon is destroyed pretty fast if you get behind it to shot the "whatever that is" target there - 20 to 30 seconds maybe and it was at best half the Team so far i could see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users