7 replies to this topic

#1 A DRUNK GUY

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

I try to find a game but have yet to find anything after 20 mins. Just wondering if this is for groups only because I usually play alone.

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

Yes, you can - the lobby is deceptive. It will show that no-one else is waiting with you, when that is not the case. Look for planets that are close to being taken - they tend to see the most action, and that's where I've had the most success getting into solo games.

#3 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

Yes, Solo drops in CW are most effective since you can fill the gaps. Irony 101.

#4 Diznitch

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

It just takes time ... status and a chat lobby would make it oh so better. cant believe there is no lobby chat in this game. (!) Stand up an IRC server for crying out loud.

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostDiznitch, on 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

It just takes time ... status and a chat lobby would make it oh so better. cant believe there is no lobby chat in this game. (!) Stand up an IRC server for crying out loud.

Does the lobby screen not populate before you drop into the game?

#6 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

View PostSandpit, on 11 December 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

Does the lobby screen not populate before you drop into the game?

No, the lobby list only populates when the team is full.

So no chatting to your teammates as they join during the stupendously long wait times, bit daft.

#7 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

I've done 3 solo drops, just make sure you are choosing a place that is in conflict. If necessary wait until you see the pop-up in the lower right requesting units. Then wait. The drop queue remains empty until there is a full team so it gives the impression that nothing is happening. My wait times have been about 3-5 minutes.

As a side note, defending all three times even when on the attacking side. Not sure if because ahead on tickets, or if there some some random chance for either side to get the defenders. Seems like defense has a strong advantage, and later in match can base camp the enemy drop zone with long range weapons on Boreal Vault. Drop ships need longer range weapons, that do more damage than they do now.

But - except for my first match, I have had many crash to desktop (CTD) issues, including twice at the end game screen, and at least 5 times in match. I have not had a CTD in as long as I can remember. Thankfully the rejoin works, except when it crashes on the rejoin (once). All seem to be engine memory related, although my system is 16GB and 3GB for the video card, so it's not a system limitation on my end.

All-in-all - kudos PGI. Matches are epic and so far at least my solo experience has been favorable, even going up against 8 and 10 man group attackers.

#8 solops

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSolaris City,Solaris VII

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:18 AM

well Im back from a year Im glad you can play Community warfare solo without being part of a premade group ill give it a try.

Edited by solops, 12 December 2014 - 01:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users