Psa Stay Away From Apollo

22 replies to this topic

#1 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

So LORD is taking apollo pimped out in finest clan mechs c-bills can purchase so I recommend staying away from there unless you like the score being 48-12. I actually thought we stood somewhat of a chance with defending but apparently it was a counter-attack and the rest went downhill from there.

Posted Image

Edited by SpeedingBus, 11 December 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 11 December 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

So LORD is taking apollo pimped out in finest clan mechs c-bills can purchase so I recommend staying away from there unless you like the score being 48-12. I actually thought we stood somewhat of a chance with defending but apparently it was a counter-attack and the rest went downhill from there.

Posted Image

or?
Not be scared of some boogeyman?

#3 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostSandpit, on 11 December 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

or?

I agree with Sandpit. You should let LORDS farm you.

#4 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:56 PM

Apollo is in big battle right as i post this

Lords - 17

Davion - 10

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv if you want to watch while you wait for a queue, ( im not the streamer)

looks like they arent as godlike this time after all :P

Edited by Karamarka, 11 December 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#5 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

View PostSandpit, on 11 December 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

or?

Please always que against lords see how much you have fun against the hyper death clan lord mechs give you.

#6 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 11 December 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Please always que against lords see how much you have fun against the hyper death clan lord mechs give you.

please
I have played against the lords
many times
as a pug and as a group

Sorry, they're not some sort of unbeatable force. They're simply a group of players that usually min/max and use a lot of teamwork.
That's it. They can and do get beat just like anyone else.

#7 roger5

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

My first CW drop and i get to fight the tournament winners.
Quite a suprise for someone thats used to playing pug skirmish
ggclose indeed lol

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

#rekt
#ggclose

#9 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:18 PM

On Apollo as I type. One win/one loss. The loss was very close. Haven't been in a twelve vs lords though. I have played against a few of the tourney guys and I must say its satisfying to know I'm not nearly as bad as I thought I was. Really fun to cream one of the competitive players with my tier four mechs.

#10 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostKaramarka, on 11 December 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

Apollo is in big battle right as i post this

Lords - 17

Davion - 10

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv if you want to watch while you wait for a queue, ( im not the streamer)

looks like they arent as godlike this time after all :P

You do realize they are can't be the unit to attack everytime

#11 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

So you lost to a top tier comp unit with a PUG group and you are upset? Be glad that you were able to do as much damage as you did- coordination wins every time.

#12 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

Currently the Clan invasion forces consist of large groups and tournament players, and are seriously mauling everything the IS throws at them.

AND I LOVE IT.

I'm not one of those that sulks because he couldn't win. I'm having more fun than I've had in ages, and it feels like I'm actually fighting an actual Clan invasion.

#13 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 11 December 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

So you lost to a top tier comp unit with a PUG group and you are upset? Be glad that you were able to do as much damage as you did- coordination wins every time.

Love comments like this. Sound like the stuff I just got from the aforementioned clan. I feel like I did well for myself, but the last match was a true stomp. I can take that. Its them being complete disgraces of human beings while they do it that offends me. Seriously, you think your better than other people because your computer is better? Oh wait, its cause you have teamspeak, a third party program, and can coordinate better than the group in front of you. Must mean you are gods amongst men. This is why this game should have its own voicechat. I don't think that would be an instafix, but it would be a start.

Meanwhile, for those super clans out there, have fun destroying the player base. Please keep your abusive commentary to yourself though, your just another geek at a computer desk like the rest of us.

#14 cacti46

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

I wasn't in this match and really have no vested interest in how this particular discussion plays out. However I will say that we have always directed our members that when they are flying MG colors in whatever title they are playing to remember that they are representing vets and current US service members. You are already a badA!@, you have proved it in real life by doing things that less than 1% of the population of the United States of America is willing to do, there is exactly 0 need to be a douche in a game. In short, you're a pro when you go to work don't act a fool when you turn on the comp.

Being an internet tough guy shows that you are actually are the opposite. Talking down to other players, treating them like they are dirt, are somehow beneath you because they are less skilled in this game than you are is just plain sad. I can understand if there are people that you generally dislike around the community, but there are very few that are worthy of in game smack talk, the scoreboard does the talking.

#15 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostZenFool, on 11 December 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

Love comments like this. Sound like the stuff I just got from the aforementioned clan. I feel like I did well for myself, but the last match was a true stomp. I can take that. Its them being complete disgraces of human beings while they do it that offends me. Seriously, you think your better than other people because your computer is better? Oh wait, its cause you have teamspeak, a third party program, and can coordinate better than the group in front of you. Must mean you are gods amongst men. This is why this game should have its own voicechat. I don't think that would be an instafix, but it would be a start.

Meanwhile, for those super clans out there, have fun destroying the player base. Please keep your abusive commentary to yourself though, your just another geek at a computer desk like the rest of us.

Never said that they or I, am any better than anybody else in-game or out. Simply stating that it shouldn't be any surprise to anybody that a team that has coordination (via TS/voip or even in-game chat) would beat a team comprised of a random group of unconnected players.

You're also fighting a top tier competitive team that practices daily with each other- their level of skill per player is going to be higher than a random group even if they weren't talking- especially with the fact that there is no sort of elo/level balance in CW. I played against SJR today in a PUG and we were stomped 46-8, but it was no surprise to me. The top tier teams like that take out even other organized units with ease- that's what they train to do!

You might want to think on why they won rather than complaining that they won. This game wasn't designed for solo players, even though you can play that way and many do, it is a team game. The better team will win, whether that team is lucky, more skilled, or more coordinated.

Now, whether they were jerks when they played I can't comment on, not having chat logs or being a part of the match. Some players/units are and you'll find them in every game. The OP doesn't make a single mention of them being unsportsmanlike, just that he was unhappy that he lost but happy he did as well as he did. I don't see how me agreeing with that statement is abusive- I was literally advising him to be glad he did that well as it's better than many pugs do against organized teams. Maybe next time don't assume that someone is looking down on others automatically.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 12 December 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#16 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

Had the pleasure of a match there. NO F WAY...whatever you do to attack - these diehards will eat you alive. I consider this planet lost until a really really dedicated and experienced full 12 man team with proper mech builds and dropship fine tuning is willing to retake it (kudos@Jade).

Actually, this is the real Invasion. Perfectly trained (may I sed cloned) and efficient Clan warrior teams fighting against a bit unmotivated and thrown-together IS troops. But - the tide will turn, we promise!

#17 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

I dropped with an 8man and 4 pugs against the Lords. We killed like 20-some I think. One of our pugs went TK-crazy and blew our ambush running on up ahead, etc.

They won by teamwork. That simple. Some of our team got pulled from the shallow end of the pool and it didn't help.

That ain't new though. They deserve a chance to play like anyone and everyone else. However they get killed in pugs about as often as anyone else and they lose in group queue about as often as anyone else. Like... you know. Anyone else.

Play to your team and you'll do better.

#18 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

As I mentioned, I expected to lose horrifically. I've had fun taking down some of the "pros" but as soon as I saw their group vs. our obvious pug group I knew we were doomed. Still pulled over 1k damage and felt pretty good that I competed. It really was the comments that irritated me. I hate when people lord(forgive the pun)it over others. ggclose, do they even know where the gate is lelelelel

#19 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

That's something different then ZenFool- having so-called "elite" gamers rag on pugs is something I personally despise and make sure my unit's members never do. The "ggclose" stomps are intolerable- I don't mind saying good game even if you stomped the opponent, complementing your enemy is never in poor taste, but the close part is an insult unless it actually is close. That is just poor sportsmanship.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 12 December 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#20 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

In that case, I hope the next time I get thrashed its by your unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users