First Impressions

1 reply to this topic

#1 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

At launch I almost immediately crashed to desktop. I would like to note that before today I have never crashed to desktop launching into a match, but this was my third since the CW hotfix. (although my first in a CW match).

I started as a solo player, so I wasn’t privy the pre-arranged plan (developed by the 9-man premade unit), however the gist of it was simply to attack the base and drop airstrike and artillery on it to win, enemy mechs should only be legged to reduce their overall effectiveness. Following the instructions we mindless ran into the enemy base, some of mere distraction for the main event. Eventually on the last wave of mechs, the tower fell and we “won”, despite being outscored at least 4 to 1.

So pretty much everything that has plagued regular gameplay (and been largely ignored) is magnified 1000%, things like consumables, ECM, and hit registration/hitboxes, and now respawns. I would also like to point out that the match has a massive FPS sink, the longer you stay in the lower It dips, I started at my usual 60-70 and by the end I was 15-25fps.

I was able to get my second CW match fairly quickly (only 15 minute wait), It was a defend mission, but apparently we weren’t actually being attacked by anyone so we decided to attack the DARKENSS!

I crashed to desktop again, so apparently that is “a thing” now. Crash on every CW match. Unfortunately by the time I rejoined, was unable to see what people were shooting, so I still haven’t actively participated in a CW match.

However this is Beta, so I will watch and wait, and see where it goes.

[EDIT] I do want to add, that there are a lot of big ideas, especially with the galaxy map, so I think there is a lot of potential. however now that we are here (CW), I kind of wish we had done a little more house keeping along the way.

Edited by Agent 0 Fortune, 12 December 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#2 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

CW UI is cumbersome. Drops taking 12 minutes sometimes. Attacking Clan units very very difficult. Lots of small glitches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users