• Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

The GOOD
------------------------------------
it's here - finally, gasp

The BAD
The graphics still look inferior. That is map design and textures (they don't look as crisp as the public group maps) and it refers to the IS sphere map. I thought i was related to my really lousy computer and low graphics settings. But then people with high end graphics cards reported the same. The border lines look like sawtooth lines when you zoom in.

Missing fluff (it will come some day, I now) about planets and so on.

When I search for a planet I automatically zoom into detail. When I close the details window to check the planet's position on the map, the map zooms out again...wtf? Please change that.

Again PGI showed that how to's or intuitive user interfaces are not their strength. To figure out how this faction thingy works is....annoying. Yes, there is some tutorial vid somewhere, but hey, don't make me search, deliver me.

Lot's of bugs, but it's beta, so ok. (I hope christmas get's delayed for staff until at least the major issues have been fixed). I wish they would have used the planned release date and fixed some more issues, but we all know - the customer is QA nowadays, so be it.

The UGLY
Frame rate on faction maps is terrible. Often dropping to 6fps on slow hardware (4GB RAM, HD4000 Graphics chip). After recent successes at making the game playable for people with cheaper/older hardware, this looks like a setback - for now.

PUG faction matches - not PGI's fault, but hell this get's very ugly fast. People drop randomly, walk into the enemy base alone and die within nanoseconds. Then they drop their next mech, don't group up, don't wait or cover team mates, just run into the base to die another time. LOL. I guess the PUG drops in faction warfare are just for sitting back and watching silly fools run around without any idea about what to do. Well, let's wait a few days.

#2 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:05 AM

it takes far too long for games to get going.

#3 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:09 AM

View PostNextGame, on 12 December 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

it takes far too long for games to get going.

Im running out of cigarettes and alcohol..

Edit: Really need some kind of indication who is waiting to drop where, number of players etc so you don't end up waiting 30 minutes ' for a planet no one is interested in :P

Edited by White Bear 84, 12 December 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#4 Meowkah

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:15 AM

Maybe if they would allow everyone to join with the mech they are invested in, #1 people would actually play the new mode and everyone will drop into matches faster #2 people would perform better, because they are not using trial-mechs.

Just a thought.

Edited by Meowkah, 12 December 2014 - 01:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users