Tukayyid Unit Stats

15 replies to this topic

#1 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

What would be nice for unit leaders is if we could drill into our unit and see individual stats.

You obviously have them in some format because you were able to see total damage, as well as number of players per unit, so you have to have the individual stats.

Or maybe if there is a concern of other people seeing yourstats, you post it under user profiles, so each user can see their own stats for CW (especially because our current stats does not include CW matches).

Then as units we can pull them as needed from the members.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

The information we have is "useful enough", but it sheds light on who cared and who didn't.

Not that many units cared when you look far enough.... and some units carried far more than others.

While the stats are somewhat inaccurate (tracking is done by a per-player that is in a winning match), there is some low winning percentages with some units.... so, that does tell an interesting story for some.

It is what it is.

#3 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

You can build your own document using the end of game score.

Have your users track some type of sampling of their per game score and track it.

Also if you take the numbers given by PGI, dump them into a spreadsheet and look at wins/losses you can get a relative percentage of where units are based on their actual win percentage.

I'm glad for the stats. This will help Clan Diamond Shark : Diamond Shiver improve over time.

#4 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

Can someone explaine me please (@Matt???), how it is possible, that by several Unit, the number of players ("Played") are higher, then the number of Unit members ("Members")?

FE: Marik Unit: "Black Widows" - 1 Member - 11 Played

???

#5 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 05 May 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Can someone explaine me please (@Matt???), how it is possible, that by several Unit, the number of players ("Played") are higher, then the number of Unit members ("Members")?

???

I would assume the Members information is taken from the start, and so people joining during the event will do that? Just a guess

#6 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:19 AM

???

Black Widows have lost 10 or more Members after that event ;) ( u got it ? )

#7 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:21 AM

???

That one member played 11 games.

Think of it like the point system used for "tagging a planet". As long as you/your unit are participating in a match, you are counted for.

A 12-man group in one match is counted as "12 players". If that group wins, +12 to the "win total".

#8 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 05 May 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

That one member played 11 games.

Think of it like the point system used for "tagging a planet". As long as you/your unit are participating in a match, you are counted for.

A 12-man group in one match is counted as "12 players". If that group wins, +12 to the "win total".

That isn't the stat hes looking at, however. In this example the stats are

Members - 1
Played - 11
Matches - 258
Wins - 107

Maybe the "Members" value was taken before the other 10 joined or they left before that stat was recorded.

#9 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostRouken, on 05 May 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Members - 1
Played - 11
Matches - 258
Wins - 107

Maybe the "Members" value was taken before the other 10 joined or they left before that stat was recorded.

People leaving units probably is the best explanation to do that... it may have been strictly done post-faction changing during the event or post-event (I was told the window for faction changing was limited to like 2 hours when that post was made).

Edited by Deathlike, 05 May 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#10 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 05 May 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

While the stats are somewhat inaccurate (tracking is done by a per-player that is in a winning match), there is some low winning percentages with some units.... so, that does tell an interesting story for some.

Like i said in the stats thread, i wouldn't read too much into the winning percentages, because you can't see if the guys actually played together. 10 guys in a unit playing doesn't necessarily mean they dropped as 10 man and lost 2/3 of their games. It could just aswell mean 7 of 10 guys just played 2 games each, and 3 were solopugging, getting their ass whipped all day.

#11 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostRouken, on 05 May 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Members - 1
Played - 11
Matches - 258
Wins - 107

Looking at the numbers for -MS-, the member count of 300 is what we had at roughly the end of the event, it was roughly 235 when it started. So, it appears -BW- had 11 members during the event that played, but only 1 was left by the time the event was over and the member count value was grabbed. Either that or there's a bug in that particular unit's output.

I dumped the data into excel to do a little math on it and I notice the Played value only exceeds the Members value for 3 groups: -BW- (the one shown here), 88BL, and TooL. -BW- is the most extreme example. The other two groups had one more played than member.

OP, did you guys essentially disband during the event? That would explain it, I think.

#12 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:19 AM

Cool seeing all the stats. Helps out quite a bit too.

You can look at edge cases and see whatever you want in stats but in bulk the stats tell some interesting stories. It certainly does within House Kurita.

#13 mihali4

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 92 posts
  • LocationArdoz (GMT4)

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

http://www.reddit.co...it_performance/
https://docs.google....3TYI/edit#gid=0
Posted Image

#14 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

lmfao

#15 t w

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

Posted Image

#16 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:42 AM

View PostSyrkres, on 05 May 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

What would be nice for unit leaders is if we could drill into our unit and see individual stats.

You obviously have them in some format because you were able to see total damage, as well as number of players per unit, so you have to have the individual stats.

Or maybe if there is a concern of other people seeing yourstats, you post it under user profiles, so each user can see their own stats for CW (especially because our current stats does not include CW matches).

Then as units we can pull them as needed from the members.

Too much potential for mischief with naming and shaming, I suspect.

BTW, here's a google doc with the stats laid out a little better. I also added a summary of results for each faction. Should be sortable so you can see different aspects of performance more clearly.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users