Why Can't It Be Solo Ver Solo And Premade V Premade?

514 replies to this topic

#21 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

Because: you thought splitting matchmaking by planet took a while? this = no. /thread.

#22 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

If your on defense you have a pretty good chance against most 12 mans unless they are lords if your attacking though its going to be incredible hard if 12 man is competent at all. Right now though we don't have the population to support 12 vs 12 groups so just take those 12 man losses like the rest of us although I'd avoid fighting the clans the most 12 groups seem to be there for now.

I find it ironic the people saying everything is fine with MWO are like population issue is the reason you can't have different que. But everything is fine with MWO surely we can't have a population issues or that would imply MWO has issues.

#23 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

In CB we had this where everyone was grouped in one Q. Solo players started freaking out we got no more then groups of 4 players.( This hurt a lot of long time units going back to MW4 ) and made group only Q. The unit players were mad but were told this will be fixed soon.

Then it became 4 mans our ruining our game by farming pugs. So PGI fixed this by taking all groups out of the solo Q and making 2 separate Q's. Unit players were happy we could play with more then 4 of our friends. Then a lot of solo players were getting mad at the uber 12 man boggy man on the other side.

Fast forward to CW the mode from day one was said it will be a group only mode all the long time fans and players are happy. 24 hours after launch of CW ( BETA ) we are now hearing why do solo players get lumped against premade teams. Stop trying to make this game easy mode ( as was mentioned before ).

Every MMO that I ever played does this in PVP where you go to the PVP area you run the risk of getting rolled by a larger group.

Let the groups have this if you want to play in CW as a solo prepare to ether be on a winning team or a losing team.

Just to make a few points

After all the events that IGP at the time put out there 99% were solo Q only drops.
IGP wants to run a tournament for units the some solo players lose there mind that they are excluded. Im sorry welcome to the real world where sometimes you are just not included.

Sorry for the long winded rant but I am tired everytime something for group play comes up the solo players start screaming me to or this mode is OP it has to be made for me

Edited by stevemac, 12 December 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#24 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

I think all they need to do really is just allow solo folks to just pick a faction and click attack or defend. You could get end up facing a 12man, 3x 4mans, or 12 solos.... let it figure it out. No separate queues needed.

I think that would solve most of the issue. You might get dealt a bad card and your team gets stomped by 12 man or they could get stomped by 12 solo or you could win vs 12man or whatever in between.

key is, pick a faction, even if you have no reason to really do so.

Coordination has been decent so far even with mixed teams, on the defense end. (I haven't been able to play attack mode)

Edited by Bigbacon, 12 December 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#25 Diznitch

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

+1 to Darth. I am a hard core gamer (Planes of Power in EQ!), but schedule prevents the time investment needed to be in a clan for me now, so I PUG a lot. If your PUG has non idiots who can chat and follow the big stompy mech so he isn't eaten by lights, and maybe not stand out in the open and whine about LRMs, then it's great. But sometimes you get the kind of people that, back in the EQ days, always generated ... TRAIN TO ZONE! :)

#26 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

View Poststevemac, on 12 December 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Sorry for the long winded rant but I am tired everytime something for group play comes up the solo players start screaming me to or this mode is OP it has to be made for me

amen

#27 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 December 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Cause they may not be discriminating on who they fight against.

Role play Hat: Murphy's Law is defending Furillo. Furillo can be attacked/raided by whomever wants to take a chance hitting it. So if the Wilson's Hussars raids its an easy payday for the Law, BUT if the Light Horse comes a knocking... well we better have our A game in place cause its going to be a rough and tumble fight.

And that IS how CW should play out.

What if Clan Ghost Bear International comes knocking Joseph, easy or hard pay-day?

#28 dubplate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

I've read a number of people's experiences on here, it doesn't seem like the 12 mans are too bad. My first match was defending the cannon against a 12 man as complete PUG team and we won. Attacking, well that's a different story. Not sure if it was against a full 12 but we lost pretty bad. As long as PUGs are winning against 12s I don't think we can really complain too much. If we turn into pure cannon fodder we'll just stop playing that mode and PGI will either be forced to do something or spend a lot of their resources on a mode that is played by a small percentage of players.

#29 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

Playing in a 12 man is great I have done it but really most the time I jump on after work and play 1-2 games then off bed. Really how often does this work out for most people to drop with 12 players.

#30 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 12 December 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

What if Clan Ghost Bear International comes knocking Joseph, easy or hard pay-day?

It's supposed to be a hard payday, but not all Ghost Bears are the same. ;)

#31 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 December 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

As the topic says why does it have to be setup this way? Is it just to make the 12man teams feel better about killing 12 solo players where half are using trial mechs lol

Like there aren't onesided rofl stomps going on in solo matches? Are you saying your team wins every single pug match you drop in? Because when I drop it can go either way. I've been on teams that just demolish, and teams that just get wrecked, and sometimes I get a balanced match where it's down to 1 to 3 guys that win by the skin of our teeth. From what I've been reading, CW is pretty much the same way, so what difference does it make if the team you lost to is a complete pug or a 12 man premade? Either way it's a mix of luck and skill, just do your best and have fun, and stop sweating stuff that ultimately is irrelevant. If you can't do that, you're taking this game way too seriously.

#32 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

View Postdubplate, on 12 December 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

I've read a number of people's experiences on here, it doesn't seem like the 12 mans are too bad. My first match was defending the cannon against a 12 man as complete PUG team and we won. Attacking, well that's a different story. Not sure if it was against a full 12 but we lost pretty bad. As long as PUGs are winning against 12s I don't think we can really complain too much. If we turn into pure cannon fodder we'll just stop playing that mode and PGI will either be forced to do something or spend a lot of their resources on a mode that is played by a small percentage of players.

Seeing as how "competitive" 12mans comprise only 1% of the population according to PGI's metrics, it's impossible for them to dictate much in regards to rolling planets and such

#33 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

OP...

This is CW. Its the meta game. Think of it like a sandbox where anything can happen. Part of the strategy and fun of winning a system is the fact that it can take weeks to do so. There's no point if you put some sort of arbitrary cap on who can join what attack/defense, based on things like their ELO or group status. This is war. You do whatever it takes to win (barring obviously stupid things like DDOS servers/hacking etc...). Factions should send their best players to the most critical systems and their worst players to the least important. Obviously that isn't really happening at the moment since people just want to try CW out and don't care about things like that. The faction who ends up 'winning' and benefiting the most from CW will be the one who truly organizes and forms some kind of actual alliance and strategy instead of merely being a random collection of scrubs who like the color red and Japanese things. CW is the MMO part of Mechwarrior Online finally beginning to stir to life. If you are still trying to solo your way through MWO - you probably aren't cut out for CW. That's fine, that's what the regular matches are for. CW is designed to encourage you to get with a group and stategize (not just for one match mind you, but for potentially months on end). This is what makes it so potentially awesome...what you are trying to suggest basically goes against the whole point of CW. If you don't like CW that's fine, keep playing regular matches its still fun, but don't try and dumb it down just because you aren't cut out for it/understand it.

#34 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

Stevemac, Back when we dropped pugs ver 12man 4 man or what ever it was to bad. Atleast you only played one game. Now when you drop 12 solo ver 12premade its like getting a 4 game whipping haha. Heck if thry really want to make this hard mode they should require master or elite mechs.This way the solo team would have a fighting shot. If you drop with 3 people with trial mechs we might as well give up.

#35 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 12 December 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

If your on defense you have a pretty good chance against most 12 mans unless they are lords if your attacking though its going to be incredible hard if 12 man is competent at all. Right now though we don't have the population to support 12 vs 12 groups so just take those 12 man losses like the rest of us although I'd avoid fighting the clans the most 12 groups seem to be there for now.

I find it ironic the people saying everything is fine with MWO are like population issue is the reason you can't have different que. But everything is fine with MWO surely we can't have a population issues or that would imply MWO has issues.
Or just like on TT its a Niche game that will not draw millions of players. B)

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 December 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Stevemac, Back when we dropped pugs ver 12man 4 man or what ever it was to bad. Atleast you only played one game. Now when you drop 12 solo ver 12premade its like getting a 4 game whipping haha. Heck if thry really want to make this hard mode they should require master or elite mechs.This way the solo team would have a fighting shot. If you drop with 3 people with trial mechs we might as well give up.

If you and 11 individuals take a contract and find you are all up against The Lords or any of the other top notch elite teams you should expect to die horribly. There is no Elo here You face whom ever is defending Planet X which you chose to drop on. Sorry you had a bad time, but you are fighting to win a planet after all. Why should it be fair and balanced?

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 12 December 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#36 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

I'm pretty anti-social and hate the idea of being a part of a 12 man team and to be honest if they just added in a PUG with 4 mech respawns I would be outta CW faster than a dropship with 1 mech to drop. I suppose after they get it all optimized and stuff they could add the system to a PUG like solo drop.

I understand that CW is for group teams, but the problem is, its so unique, special and new, so everyone wants to be a part of it. You literally cannot play anything like CW anywhere else. So why not give the solos an area and the groups an area? Maybe restrict half the planets for Solo drops, and half the other planets for Group drops. Because currently, you are just at the mercy of the match maker. You hope the enemy team will be Solos like your team or just no team at all.

#37 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostBrody319, on 12 December 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm pretty anti-social and hate the idea of being a part of a 12 man team and to be honest if they just added in a PUG with 4 mech respawns I would be outta CW faster than a dropship with 1 mech to drop. I suppose after they get it all optimized and stuff they could add the system to a PUG like solo drop.

I understand that CW is for group teams, but the problem is, its so unique, special and new, so everyone wants to be a part of it. You literally cannot play anything like CW anywhere else. So why not give the solos an area and the groups an area? Maybe restrict half the planets for Solo drops, and half the other planets for Group drops. Because currently, you are just at the mercy of the match maker. You hope the enemy team will be Solos like your team or just no team at all.
Good News Brody you are basically alone if you drop with an 11 man since they are all on Comms and you are not. Its the perfect situation for a loner. B)

#38 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 December 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

It's supposed to be a hard payday, but not all Ghost Bears are the same. ;)

Just as all Lyran's are not the same ;)

I'll happily take a hard payday and a loss, if I learn something to make me better next time.

#39 solops

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSolaris City,Solaris VII

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostSandpit, on 12 December 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

^ This
Stick to pub queue if you want solo vs. solo

Not every single facet of the game is going to cater to everyone. This one optional mode is the ONLY mode that caters to "hard" mode

Whats a Pub?

#40 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

View Postsolops, on 12 December 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Whats a Pub?

It's what they call a bar in the UK.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users