Why Can't It Be Solo Ver Solo And Premade V Premade?

514 replies to this topic

#501 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 December 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Solid plan. Someone get on twitter so we can let PGI know :P

Done

#502 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 December 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

Why can't solo players just accept that some parts of the game are meant to be played rough and by teams? It was said the CW Que would be hard mode it would be unregulated or at least less regulated. Please stop trying to make this game easy mode. Solo Que is what you want if you want solo action.

Quoted,bolded AND underlined for truth.

#503 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

Wow...24 pages of vitriol and rhetoric and then page 25 of this hate post comes in with a useful idea. This gives me hope for Congress.

#504 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 21 December 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

Quoted,bolded AND underlined for truth.

still funny that you hold on to the fact that you expect solo folk to stay away when, in time, you'll lose your precious CW to solo folk because they make up the bulk of the player base!

#505 WarMonkey14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostInnocent, on 12 December 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Why can't they eliminate the solo/team matchmaker and make all matches fit CW? Consolidate the player base for quicker matchmaking.

THIS PLEASE

i dont have a problem with invasion being a mix of pugs and premades, but why then as a solo player am i forced to ignore CW. regular queue doens't give me loyalty points, doenst help my fraction, doesnt give me any sense of accomplishment. it just lets me grind like i have for 2+ years now for c-bills/xp.

we need regular matchmaking to reward fractions in some way

edit: btw this means that you can continue playing normal matches in the exact same way. except you get loyalty points and earn small rewards to your fraction somehow (have to see how territory and resources appear later in CW for any ideas here). this way i can help my fraction in a small way without having to queue vs 12 mans, and doesnt ruin the game for people who just want to shoot stuff like they have been

Edited by WarMonkey14, 21 December 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#506 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

yep. had my experience with CW...first week end and that s my last week end ever.

#507 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

This was literally the last match I played. I don't normally screenshot but I did just for this thread.
Posted Image

This isn't 'name and shame'. BWC are a rock solid group of players who get done what they're paid to do. We beat them anyway because it was a great group of pugs who stuck to the plan and executed on the orders they were given and we ran a great shell game.

So a group of pugs in chat with ~2 minutes of coordination beat a 12man. This happens all the time. I see it in about 50% of the 12man games I see played. The difference 100% is that the players on the pug team used chat, stuck to the plan, followed orders, paid attention and played to the objectives. BMC did a great job - their scores show that just fine. However it is coordination, focus and teamwork that creates success. Not sharing a unit tag or being on the same TS server. You can have coordination, focus and teamwork with pugs in chat. It just takes some actual effort.

If that's not effort someone is willing to put forward to win that's absolutely 100% their problem. Same way that building a useful mech is their problem or being able to shoot the enemy. That is a fundamental aspect of the game. That pug matches have rewarded people for only having to do the later and never the former is fine - it's still there. People can play in the pug queue with no effort put into coordination, focus and teamwork and still get cbills.

If you want success in CW though the skills of coordination, focus and teamwork are what need honed far more than hand-eye coordination. That's the skillset that CW plays to and rewards. That absolutely does NOT need changed. If that doesn't appeal to someone they've still got plenty of MW:O available to them.

Edited by MischiefSC, 21 December 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#508 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 December 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

This was literally the last match I played. I don't normally screenshot but I did just for this thread.
Posted Image

This isn't 'name and shame'. BMC are a...

You know exactly what this is. :P

#509 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 21 December 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

still funny that you hold on to the fact that you expect solo folk to stay away when, in time, you'll lose your precious CW to solo folk because they make up the bulk of the player base!

Still funny that you seem to think some sort of majority of pugs and solos agree with you.
Im a pug
I'm a solo

I disagree with everything you're implying

#510 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 December 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

You know exactly what this is. :P

Hush. Fine. I'll edit.
:P

#511 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 December 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

As the topic says why does it have to be setup this way? Is it just to make the 12man teams feel better about killing 12 solo players where half are using trial mechs lol

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 December 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

Why can't solo players just accept that some parts of the game are meant to be played rough and by teams? It was said the CW Que would be hard mode it would be unregulated or at least less regulated. Please stop trying to make this game easy mode. Solo Que is what you want if you want solo action.

What Joseph said, plus it is more lore friendly. Sword of Light regiments dropped against local Home Guard units, which is the same as a PUG group seeing 6+ LORDS on the other team. I mean seriously....defenders that leave the base and whup your assets all over the field. Not hating, you guys deserve your rep. Pretty sure the KGC I nailed 1v1 in my BLR was probably just an ally, but a mechwarrior can dream, right? :)

#512 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:41 AM

The big problem is when no more Pugs will be in CW....how hard will it be to find a fight?

Because i think that there s not enough people in this game to make constant battles.

#513 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:45 AM

View Post7ynx, on 20 December 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Removing Trial mechs from CW would be a step in this direction. On the Clan side, trial mechs are a joke compared to what a mastered and properly configured Clan mechs with modules can do.

Clanners don't have Green or under equipped units? I think I need to go back and reread about the Hell's Horses Iota Galaxy warriors.

And as for working with less and getting more done, I present you THIS to chew on. Folks have been getting more done with less, for a very very long time.

#514 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

Joe, they ate only the Hell's Horses, they are like the Liao of the Clans.... You know a joke.... :D

Edited by Metus regem, 22 December 2014 - 05:41 AM.

#515 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:13 AM

Because the 12 mans would not be able to ROFL stomp PUGS if it was like that?
Because the player base is too small?
Because PGI like to go back to their bad old ways?
Because they can't figure out how to do it?
Because they really can't be bothered?

I don't know but as it is taking forever to get a game even with being able to see the queues!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users