Why Can't It Be Solo Ver Solo And Premade V Premade?

514 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

As the topic says why does it have to be setup this way? Is it just to make the 12man teams feel better about killing 12 solo players where half are using trial mechs lol

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

Why can't solo players just accept that some parts of the game are meant to be played rough and by teams? It was said the CW Que would be hard mode it would be unregulated or at least less regulated. Please stop trying to make this game easy mode. Solo Que is what you want if you want solo action.

#3 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:27 AM

Playerbase is literally not big enough to support that for CW.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 December 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

Why can't solo players just accept that some parts of the game are meant to be played rough and by teams? It was said the CW Que would be hard mode it would be unregulated or at least less regulated. Please stop trying to make this game easy mode. Solo Que is what you want if you want solo action.

^ This
Stick to pub queue if you want solo vs. solo

Not every single facet of the game is going to cater to everyone. This one optional mode is the ONLY mode that caters to "hard" mode

#5 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 December 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

As the topic says why does it have to be setup this way? Is it just to make the 12man teams feel better about killing 12 solo players where half are using trial mechs lol

As a solo player, I agree with both of you. Sure, I wish I could get queued with similar groups as mine... but then again, why should we? This is for coordinated groups. Not only that, I've had some pretty good success in the solo CW queue, so I ain't even mad. It's more challenging and rewarding when you last 30min and/or win a match against a coordinated team! Gets my blood pumpin'!

#6 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 December 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Because you, I and most players have not invited enough players to increase Mechwarrior population to allow for broken queues by play type (CW and play now), game modes, factions, 2-12 man groups. For all that it will take A LOT of invites and new players.

Cmon people, we can't have everything. We can't have separate queues and expect quick waiting times.

That's why.

#7 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

So the super hard core players can get their rocks off stomping filthy no-good casual solo players into dust.

#8 BIoB

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

Im confused though.........are you guys saying you prefer to fighting pugs in your 12 mans? is that really worth your time? wouldnt you prefer 12 man vs 12 man?

Also could groups refrain from posting 12 man clanners rolling I.s. pugs Like in this video. It Can you hear the Pride in their voices at the end for accomplishing this momentous task. GG

Now I did have a great match against the ngng guys 12 man( kiresani,snaky and co ) as part of a pug group last night, was really intense.

Edit : But yes, the community is not big enough yet to split the que yet

Edited by Irish BoB, 12 December 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#9 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

I don't disagree with you but just want to add that it is more fun for both sides if you get a "balanced" match.

I, like the rest of us, don't have the holy grail of what a balanced match is (Elo, weight, class reduction, magic quirks and items and what not) - but in the end, a close match is (or should) be the goal.

I rather lose a tight match 12vs10 than stomp some newbies to dust 12vs0.

Ok, sometimes thats fun I have to admit but like you said... this game shouldn't be easy mode. For both ends of mount tryhard ;)

#10 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

View Postdarkkterror, on 12 December 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

So the super hard core players can get their rocks off stomping filthy no-good casual solo players into dust.

no, so trolls like you can have something more to whine about since you can't whine about that in the solo queue anymore and show everyone where the dirty premades touched you.

give it up
post something constructive
stick to pub and solo queue
stop trying to make every facet of the game bend exclusively to your personal idea of fun.

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

View Post627, on 12 December 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

I don't disagree with you but just want to add that it is more fun for both sides if you get a "balanced" match.

I, like the rest of us, don't have the holy grail of what a balanced match is (Elo, weight, class reduction, magic quirks and items and what not) - but in the end, a close match is (or should) be the goal.

Ok, sometimes thats fun I have to admit but like you said... this game shouldn't be easy mode. For both ends of mount tryhard ;)

Its always harder to climb a mountain than to get off the mountain.

#12 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

View Post627, on 12 December 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

If those players wanting that didn't already have a game mode that gave them exactly what was being asked for, people might agree. They already have what they wanted, now they just want another section of the game to cater to them.

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 12 December 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Playerbase is literally not big enough to support that for CW.
maybe not, but I'm kinda sick of hearing PUGs need to be able to do this that and the other. I have basically PUGged for the last year. I do not HAVE to play CW as a PUG if I know that is where the big boys play. I will anyway, but I think my track record of wanting a challenge has already been established. ;)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 12 December 2014 - 09:47 AM.

#14 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 December 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Its always harder to climb a mountain than to get off the mountain.

And it is way more satisfying climbing a mountain and being on top than sliding down... wait is this a sex reference?

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

View Post627, on 12 December 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

And it is way more satisfying climbing a mountain and being on top than sliding down... wait is this a sex reference?

If you make it one sure! :lol:

If I run into the Lords I expect to get clobbered until we become good enough to do the clobbering. I don't want fair and balanced. Fair and balanced is for the PUB Que. CW is where teams get to find their place in the game.

#16 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostSandpit, on 12 December 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

no, so trolls like you can have something more to whine about since you can't whine about that in the solo queue anymore and show everyone where the dirty premades touched you.

give it up
post something constructive
stick to pub and solo queue
stop trying to make every facet of the game bend exclusively to your personal idea of fun.

Oh, don't misunderstand me here, I don't care if PGI splits CW into solo or group. Leave it as it is. That's fine with me. I'm just putting forth my idea of why coordinated pre-made groups even want to face off against solo PUG teams in the first place.

The game maybe not having enough players to sustain separate queues is a legitimate reason in my eyes, but other than that I just don't get it. Why would a 12-man premade group want to steamroll a group of solo players that have a decisive and clear handicap (lack of coordination/communication)? How do they have fun that way? Why wouldn't they rather have the challenge of going up against other coordinated and communicating groups?

It just doesn't make much sense to me. It kinda reminds me of MMORPGs when max level players go to low level zones to one-shot and gank newbies. Where's the fun in that? It's not quite the same since there isn't a level and gear disparity that makes it virtually impossible (if not actually impossible) for the low level player to win. The solo players still have access to the same mechs and equipment with the same level of power, so they at least have a chance, but things are still pretty stacked against them.

I'm just curious to know how premade, hardcore group players have fun fighting against solo PUGs. If their fun isn't derived from some kind of superiority complex, then what is it?

#17 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

View Postdarkkterror, on 12 December 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

I'm just curious to know how premade, hardcore group players have fun fighting against solo PUGs. If their fun isn't derived from some kind of superiority complex, then what is it?

that's all you really needed to say. You can disguise your trolling and sarcastic inaccurate editorial with a few paragraphs but this is all you wanted to say right here.

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

View Postdarkkterror, on 12 December 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Oh, don't misunderstand me here, I don't care if PGI splits CW into solo or group. Leave it as it is. That's fine with me. I'm just putting forth my idea of why coordinated pre-made groups even want to face off against solo PUG teams in the first place.

The game maybe not having enough players to sustain separate queues is a legitimate reason in my eyes, but other than that I just don't get it. Why would a 12-man premade group want to steamroll a group of solo players that have a decisive and clear handicap (lack of coordination/communication)? How do they have fun that way? Why wouldn't they rather have the challenge of going up against other coordinated and communicating groups?

It just doesn't make much sense to me. It kinda reminds me of MMORPGs when max level players go to low level zones to one-shot and gank newbies. Where's the fun in that? It's not quite the same since there isn't a level and gear disparity that makes it virtually impossible (if not actually impossible) for the low level player to win. The solo players still have access to the same mechs and equipment with the same level of power, so they at least have a chance, but things are still pretty stacked against them.

Cause they may not be discriminating on who they fight against.

Role play Hat: Murphy's Law is defending Furillo. Furillo can be attacked/raided by whomever wants to take a chance hitting it. So if the Wilson's Hussars raids its an easy payday for the Law, BUT if the Light Horse comes a knocking... well we better have our A game in place cause its going to be a rough and tumble fight.

And that IS how CW should play out.

#19 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostSandpit, on 12 December 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

If those players wanting that didn't already have a game mode that gave them exactly what was being asked for, people might agree. They already have what they wanted, now they just want another section of the game to cater to them.

THIS^^^

They have changed the game a few times already so that Solo or PUGGERS dont get stomped, So now you want them to take the only true queue for BOTH PLAYER TYPES (Solo and Group) and get rid of it?

Its been ONE day and everyone already thinks the sky is falling!

This is why i didnt even want Solo guys in CW at all, but I have played 2 matches solo since last night. One was a Defense that we won 40-28 and i managed to do 1772 damage with 4 IS trial mechs (Dragon, Firestarter, Catapracht and Hunchback) the other was an un opposed attack. We ran in and blew up the orbital cannon no sweat! I did this to see how hard it would be for a new person with no mech to do well in CW. I had no problem WHATSOEVER getting 3 kills and dishing out that 1700 dmg.

Learn to play, learn to coordinate, learn to win....its easy!

#20 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

Why can't they eliminate the solo/team matchmaker and make all matches fit CW? Consolidate the player base for quicker matchmaking.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users