Is Heavy/assault Suggestions

13 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

with CW being out, I am solely lacking in the IS heavy/assault dept.

I want to learn these things because I just feel that it would be helpful. I really don't play them at all.

I have a banshee 3e, a jager (forget wich, dual AC20 thing) and dragons. I wouldn't mind something that is a bit bbigger and not so super slow like the banshee or an atlas. The speed is what annoys me the most.

Stalker maybe?

#2 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

Stalker is the one I am not familiar with in terms of mobilty so I cannot comment on it (sorry!).

I would say probably a Victor with a big XL engine and JJ's might fit the bill, or even an Awesome. 80T is actually a pretty sweet spot for a fast assualt (Can't wait for Zeus!). I've seen very decent Battlemaster builds as well going into CW.
Speed is life, my 60km/h Victor so far has done Quite well in CW.

-ST

#3 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 12 December 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

with CW being out, I am solely lacking in the IS heavy/assault dept.

I want to learn these things because I just feel that it would be helpful. I really don't play them at all.

I have a banshee 3e, a jager (forget wich, dual AC20 thing) and dragons. I wouldn't mind something that is a bit bbigger and not so super slow like the banshee or an atlas. The speed is what annoys me the most.

Stalker maybe?

Get yourself a banshee 3m. 65 kph with a standard 350 or 75 kph with a 400 xl. It is a stellar pulse boat and you will be one step closer to mastering them.

#4 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

You could go with 2 new Jager's, and invest in a XL315 engine. the max engine for the Jagers.

Your speed will be 78.5 un-tweaked, 86.5 tweaked.

You can make the Jagers do most anything.

'A' can LRM
'DD' can Dakka and rokka with 4 or 5 AC2
'S' can Laser or Dakka
Firebrand is fond of Laser...

and all can be fast

#5 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

i think my dual 20 jager-s had an XL300 or maybe a 280..(no engine in it right now) and it wasn't bad. Its the <=60 stuff that really gets me because they are so slow.

I was just 2xAC20 + 2ML but I think I want toss a slight lower engine to get 2 more MLs in it. Either that or 4 tons of ammo is too much. I seem to shoot a lot though (and not blindly)

guess I'll look at other jagers or the 3M first for now.

Edited by Bigbacon, 12 December 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#6 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

Stalkers are great mechs, but even less agile than Atlases. Their torso twist range is so small, and no side-to-side arm movement either. In return, you get the ability to carry a tremendous array of weaponry. They are generally a little faster than Atlases though but really not that much. If you're the type to get annoyed with pesky lights circling you, Stalkers are almost helpless in that situation. Better bring a friend to keep them off your back. :)

But really, looking at your own thoughts, I think something like the Cataphracts or Orions might be right up your alley.

#7 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

If you like laserboats,BLR-3M or BNC-3M,both can do the 58 dmg 2LPL + 6 MPL - wubbuild pretty good.

Banshee might be better choice since you already own the 3E

#8 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

BLR-3g is my all time favorite. It's fast, agile, and it can start it's own wub show with accompanying fireworks.

#9 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

Misery if you want a Stalker, the other Stalkers are slow and clumsy. I sold my 5M after having not so much fun with it.

Heavy, you can't go wrong with a Jager, they are popular and able. My wildcard: Battlemaster, had I not purchased an Atlas I woul have picked up on of those guys.

#10 ContingencyPlan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 22 December 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Misery if you want a Stalker, the other Stalkers are slow and clumsy. I sold my 5M after having not so much fun with it.

Heavy, you can't go wrong with a Jager, they are popular and able. My wildcard: Battlemaster, had I not purchased an Atlas I woul have picked up on of those guys.

+1 on the Misery. Victors with dual AC5/dual PPC (Dragon Slayer especially) are very powerful in CW.

#11 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

If you like Hunchbacks then you'll like Orions.

#12 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

Complete your BNC collection, starting with the 3M. They're far from slow.

#13 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

Dont overlook thunderbolts.

Massively under rated mech.

#14 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

I can say i enjoy stalkers.. They have the LRM boat that can toss 40 with no problem as it is sorta like a Fat catapult. another you can boat energy, another is great for SRM's, of course then there is also the misery which running an AC-20, dual PPCs, and an SRM6 for good measure is a lot of fun.. One of my better set ups, was dual LRM10's and a pair of PPC's on one of them i think the F?

But this was all pre quirk.. I have yet to fire them up as of late, but i can only say, they had to of gotten better right?. They are not that agile, but they do pack a decent punch, and piloted right can take a pounding. They aren't to bad on speed, though still slowish, but an STD 300 is a good engine for them.

Honestly, on my list of what to get are highlanders.. I always just liked um, and they seem like they have some interesting load outs. I'm pretty sure they are one of the more maneuverable assaults, going by how they fight. I've been told, if you go highlander for your JJ assault, go with std engines.. victors on the other hand lean towards XL's, and thus more costly. did you get your free victor from the event a bit back? that might help ya out too.

As far as heavies, Catapults, and cataphracts are always great, but now the T-bolts are pretty popular post quirk. *(though i had all 3 before, and really enjoyed them, now they are just all better)

Catapults, have a pretty good variety, with the K2, and jester, along with the 3 missile versions.

Cataphracts are great if you want to lean towards Ballistics, AC5/10's, LBX10s, AC-20 ect.. they pack a punch, and have energy back up, with a very able to carry a very limited amount of missiles.. though personally i have only ever run the 2X, with a BAP and a pair of streaks.. with an AC-20 and a pair of LL's It is a neat mech for sure but hardly a top player on the field.

T-bolts are heavily flavored towards energy now, especially with quirks. so if energy is your thing, it is hard to go wrong with them.. If not, then you might want to pick one of the others.

That is all i got for ya.. good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users