140 replies to this topic

#1 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

We are about to lose 5 (!) planets today because you guys are unable and unwilling to coordinate defenses!
Before CW we regarded Mariks as the weakest faction. It turns out you're even worse. I will ask the leadership of 228th to take contracts with another faction once our current contract runs out.

#2 The Lonegopher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

Shready needs a hug, and a lotta gopher.

#3 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

Lol

#4 ArcLyght

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

Ouch!

#5 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

Yo,chill out Draconis, we IS are not the clans, where meta players prefer clans over houses -_-

#6 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostShredhead, on 15 December 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

.... we regarded Mariks as the weakest faction....

But but but.... what about Liao?

Ahahaha!!, Shreddi mad about Pugs that dont understand the game as usual. Same old, same old...

I guess thats a common issue that there are "some" units and "some" players inside a faction who actually work on objectives while "a part" of the factions playerbase just derp around the map like 3 month olds.

#7 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

Exactly as planned.... let them invade us. Let them take some planets. Then, when they expect it the least, we will sorround them and not a trace will be left.
I bathe in the blood of my enemys and if my teammates can't shoot properly, well, then there is more bloodshed for me.

But lets be serious. I wouldn't blame the players. CW is buggy as hell currently. It is a great amount of fun... but buggy.

#8 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

Shredhead, I completely understand where you are coming from but you should try to not take CW so seriously while it is in the beta phase. Having a 24 hour map update but 4-5 hour attack phases makes no sense at all. Our unit has stayed up late together capturing planets only to wake up the next morning to see that euro/asian players retook the planet while we were all asleep. If I recall correctly, the map updates at 8:30 AM PST every day. This means that anything we accomplish the night before can easily be reversed while the majority of our faction is offline.

When PGI figures out how to make CW work in a way that makes sense, we can actually focus more together to get stuff done. For now, we've made a lot of progress in terms of infrastructure including a new website and teamspeak and a massive influx of players interested in group play. Let's not worry too much about who controls what until PGI gets their **** together.

#9 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

Also worthy to note that while the Euro players are in their "prime time", most people in the US have jobs that keep them from playing.

#10 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

There's also the fact that Kurita has less raw population in players than either steiner or davion, let alone both, and we're getting pushed pretty hard on both ends by them. Even if we win literally every engagement they have enough people to queue up multiple 12 mans to ghost-cap planets we're fighting over. Our playerbase is able to handle 1, maybe 2 concentrated areas of assault, but we've got Steiner, Davion, Ghost bear, Jaguar, (and FRR pugs who didn't get the ceasefire memo) all pressing down on us simultaneously.

In this current iteration of cw beta and the numbers in each respective group, Kurita only has one strategy whether we like it or not which is, "which planets can we accept losing today".

Edited by Socop, 15 December 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#11 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

View Postpwnface, on 15 December 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Shredhead, I completely understand where you are coming from but you should try to not take CW so seriously while it is in the beta phase. Having a 24 hour map update but 4-5 hour attack phases makes no sense at all. Our unit has stayed up late together capturing planets only to wake up the next morning to see that euro/asian players retook the planet while we were all asleep. If I recall correctly, the map updates at 8:30 AM PST every day. This means that anything we accomplish the night before can easily be reversed while the majority of our faction is offline.

When PGI figures out how to make CW work in a way that makes sense, we can actually focus more together to get stuff done. For now, we've made a lot of progress in terms of infrastructure including a new website and teamspeak and a massive influx of players interested in group play. Let's not worry too much about who controls what until PGI gets their **** together.

Cease fire is 8:20 pm PSt to 9 pm PSt every day.

View PostTime Bandit, on 15 December 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Also worthy to note that while the Euro players are in their "prime time", most people in the US have jobs that keep them from playing.

And what keeps the EU faction players from coordinating?

#12 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

View Postpwnface, on 15 December 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

If I recall correctly, the map updates at 8:30 AM PST every day.

Incorrect. The one ceasefire that counts is currently in the evening, around 8:30PM PST, not AM.

Beaten to the punch by Shred. :.(

Edited by Ax2Grind, 15 December 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#13 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostSocop, on 15 December 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

There's also the fact that Kurita has less raw population in players than either steiner or davion, let alone both, and we're getting pushed pretty hard on both ends by them. Even if we win literally every engagement they have enough people to queue up multiple 12 mans to ghost-cap planets we're fighting over. Our playerbase is able to handle 1, maybe 2 concentrated areas of assault, but we've got Steiner, Davion, Ghost bear, Jaguar, (and FRR pugs who didn't get the ceasefire memo) all pressing down on us simultaneously.

In this current iteration of cw beta and the numbers in each respective group, Kurita only has one strategy whether we like it or not which is, "which planets can we accept losing today".

sadly it wont change when mercstar go's davion soon

Edited by hybrid black, 15 December 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#14 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

I think for better or worse Kurita will end up being the canary in the coalmine for the broader implications of the CW system and the flaws that need to be addressed regarding less populated factions, basically. Even the Jaguars who are the worst off in territory atm have 2 factions to fight, Kurita has 4-5+ at all times. Steiner or Davion might have it worse if the two fought each other but from what I understand they don't have too many pugs messing with each others stuff atm and no organized group is pushing the other from those two.

#15 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

Also shredhead if I can appeal to you personally as a random kurita player, I think you'll get the most bang for your buck if you stay with us for now.

If you assign yourselves to Marik or Liao, you can only fight Davion or Steiner as those two factions are ceasefired with each other. The FRR similarly limits you to clans and steiner as the FRR is ceasefired with us.

If you assign yourselves to a clan, you're also limited in engagements and many of your members will lose access to all their IS mechs.

If you assign yourselves to steiner or davion, you're just padding more numbers onto the most populated factions in the game and the impact/recognition you'll receive will be minimal.

As just a random kurita dude I have to say a bunch of us consistently notice 228 when they show up and genuinely appreciate them. Staying here let's you keep your IS mechs and also gives you the widest possible range of enemies to fight, along with decreased wait times due to the number of conflicts we're engaged in.

I always love b33f's vids and all the members I meet are real polite so I'll like 228 wherever they assign themselves, but I don't think I'm alone in saying it'll be a sad day for a lot of our playerbase here if you guys leave.

Edited by Socop, 15 December 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#16 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

A few things that all of us should remind ourselves of:
  • It is just a game;
  • It is only coloured dots on a monitor screen;
  • It is Beta;
  • It is PGI;
  • Things should get better when PGI adjusts how CW drops occur and how planets get taken
  • Don't take things too seriously
  • Get enough sleep, take a break and love your family
Virtual hug from me...

#17 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Socop is very much right in the fact that before the ceasefire period Kurita is simply outmanned. We'll have 5-6 12-man groups running by various units and we still lose tics no matter how many wins we get. It's frustrating to defend a planet and then look on the map and see that not only did we not take the attacker wins down any but they went up by two. Combined with the fact that we have five planets to defend and we just are losing the numbers game.

It's not the skill or coordination that is losing DC planets, it is the fact that we don't have the bodies to throw at the enemy.

Hell, we're doing everything we can to keep the ceasefire with the FRR, because at least then we won't have a fifth faction's organized units attacking us.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 15 December 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#18 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

Does this mean we won't see you on Paris or Tripoli anymore?

#19 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

If 228 leaves Kurita they are screwed. Playing the Kurita border goes like this... win, win, win, win, win, get ***** by 228, win, win , win, ceasefire :P

#20 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Ah are the little snakes getting their teeth kicked in?

You were lucky when ComStar turned off the HPGs last time and if not for the clans now all of your successor state would belong to us

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users