#21 xfirestorm

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Also, you guys realize this is a game right? Your not really conquering anything, there is no million dollar prize at the end. So getting all upset in a beta is pretty silly.

Breathe, relax, we will get to Terra when this goes live.

To some of us die hard fans, Battletech is more than just a game.

#22 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

View Postxfirestorm, on 16 December 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

And this is why i like you German Wolves. +1

#23 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

View Postxfirestorm, on 16 December 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

Well thats fine, doesnt change the fact that its a game and the element in discussion is in beta phase.

#24 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 15 December 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

I'm sorry, there's no money in it. Best way to win is zerg rushing which gives no cash. Right now many of my unit members need c-bills I'd rather lose on offense and actually kill something than win and earn nothing.

And also they are most likely going to be resetting everything at some point in the not too distant future. So I'd keep the little feuds in perspective that they don't mean too much right now.

Planets will just have to wait. If I were you I'd just have fun, farm c-bills, and win when you can without cutting into your unit earnings. :P

u still have defend coutner attacks and ive never made so much c-bills in my mwo life as in CW avg defense c-bill tally 800k+

#25 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 16 December 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

u still have defend coutner attacks and ive never made so much c-bills in my mwo life as in CW avg defense c-bill tally 800k+

Yes hence why we are focused on defending.

#26 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

No money in it?

In 2-3 days of constant dropping in Community Warfare, I've made 26,000,000+ C-bills, without premium. I think that's good money.

#27 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

"Perhaps some honour can be restored to the House of Gyrok and his Delta galaxy brethren after you tossed aside your commitments last minute and abandoned Star League Reborn in the most recent Clan Nova Cat Invitational 10v10 Tournament." This damages the Wolf rep alot more than what anyone does in a beta testing phase of CW that will be wiped when it goes live. We have not been playing for 2-3 years and have not the accumulation of cbills you might have. We are gearing up for when the real fighting starts. Right now its beta testing and as you can very well see its got many issues that will hopefully be fixed when it goes live.

Actually, considering the things we have accomplished, since long before you came along. 1 small misunderstanding with a small merc corps is not the same thing as not fighting hard in community warfare.

You are comparing spilt milk to the ball dropping in Times Square on New Years. ALL EYES are on the map for CW. Take planets...

Edited by Gyrok, 16 December 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#28 Samuel Ryan Jennings

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Locationontario, canada

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Reset or not, the point of CW is for the Clans to take planets and conquer Terra. How better to gauge what we can accomplish then to push for that goal now, and get some practice at it? Push for Terra. See how far we get. See what tactics we use and what can be done better next time. Evolve the warfare so next time, when it counts, we are a honed laser pointed right at Terra.

#29 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostGyrok, on 16 December 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Actually, considering the things we have accomplished, since long before you came along. 1 small misunderstanding with a small merc corps is not the same thing as not fighting hard in community warfare.

You are comparing spilt milk to the ball dropping in Times Square on New Years. ALL EYES are on the map for CW. Take planets...

Beta CW is hardly Times Square... It wont even be the same when it comes out. Sure u can play and have fun, which is what we are doing btw, but to think what we do now will help us when it goes live is silly.

Your right tho, all eyes ARE on CW but for the wrong reasons, I would say more than half the community is ******** on it in its current form. Which is the point since its Beta. Alot of people dont like it right now.

We're not stoping you from attacking. Go for it. We are defending to earn more cbills while we can and gear up for the real CW.

Edited by F0xdi3, 16 December 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#30 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostSamuel Ryan Jennings, on 16 December 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Reset or not, the point of CW is for the Clans to take planets and conquer Terra. How better to gauge what we can accomplish then to push for that goal now, and get some practice at it? Push for Terra. See how far we get. See what tactics we use and what can be done better next time. Evolve the warfare so next time, when it counts, we are a honed laser pointed right at Terra.

Simple, what you are honing now might not be effective or even apply in the live version of CW. Might all be for naught. Just play and have fun, dont be too serious in Beta phase. :)

#31 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Well thats fine, doesnt change the fact that its a game and the element in discussion is in beta phase.

You also realize the point of a game is to win? Imaging playing in a relay race and one of our team members doesn't give a darn because "it's just a game". Then why are any of us playing? Especially the people who don't think winning is the object of a game.

Yes, you are supposed to have fun, but you are supposed to have fun while giving it your best shot at winning and then not feeling bad afterwards because you played your best.

#32 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostJoanna Conners, on 16 December 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

You also realize the point of a game is to win? Imaging playing in a relay race and one of our team members doesn't give a darn because "it's just a game". Then why are any of us playing? Especially the people who don't think winning is the object of a game.

Yes, you are supposed to have fun, but you are supposed to have fun while giving it your best shot at winning and then not feeling bad afterwards because you played your best.

Joanna, this has been answered already but since you ask again...It is Beta, think of it as a practice run, do you go full out or do you take it easy and not sprain a hamstring before your big race. You know the one that actually counts.

When this thing goes live we will be playing to recapture Terra.

#33 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Joanna, this has been answered already but since you ask again...It is Beta, think of it as a practice run, do you go full out or do you take it easy and not sprain a hamstring before your big race. You know the one that actually counts.

If you do not "practice run" as hard as you normally play, how will you be in shape to compete when the time comes?

Do you think pro football teams run routes half speed in practice? Not the good ones...it throws off the timing.

You do no one any favors by "taking it easy in a practice run".

EDIT: To give you an idea of what you are dealing with...my officers and I had a conversation about how poorly we were performing because we were not playing our hardest against pub queue fodder on a CW map...in spite of winning 48-19 with 18 minutes left.

Edited by Gyrok, 16 December 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#34 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostGyrok, on 16 December 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

If you do not "practice run" as hard as you normally play, how will you be in shape to compete when the time comes?

Do you think pro football teams run routes half speed in practice? Not the good ones...it throws off the timing.

You do no one any favors by "taking it easy in a practice run".

EDIT: To give you an idea of what you are dealing with...my officers and I had a conversation about how poorly we were performing because we were not playing our hardest against pub queue fodder on a CW map...in spite of winning 48-19 with 18 minutes left.

Yes, yes they do go halfspeed, thats the point. Also in and out of pads, walktbroughs, Not to get injured. Haha. I follow NFL religiously, also the NHL. Some teams practice harder but no teams go full throttle in practice. Would be kinda of dumb move on the coaches part if anything were to happen to his stars.

But now we are getting off topic talking about sports...

Play the beta how u want, we will do the same. Good luck on ur 1vs1 btw. I do hope you beat him. We may not see eye to eye but Clan Wolf sticks together.

Edited by F0xdi3, 16 December 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#35 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Yes, yes they do go halfspeed, thats the point. Also in and out of pads, walktbroughs, Not to get injured. Haha. I follow NFL religiously, also the NHL. Some teams practice harder but no teams go full throttle in practice.

Hey Sport... MWO is NOT the NFL, Pilots do not have worry about injury, they get Shiny New Mechs every game.

There is the Difference.

#36 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 16 December 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Hey Sport... MWO is NOT the NFL, Pilots do not have worry about injury, they get Shiny New Mechs every game.

There is the Difference.

Yeah no kidding, tell that to the guy who brought up pro football.

Also didnt they have to repair the Mechs...

#37 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Yes, yes they do go halfspeed, thats the point. Also in and out of pads, walktbroughs, Not to get injured. Haha. I follow NFL religiously, also the NHL. Some teams practice harder but no teams go full throttle in practice. Would be kinda of dumb move on the coaches part if anything were to happen to his stars.

But now we are getting off topic talking about sports...

Play the beta how u want, we will do the same. Good luck on ur 1vs1 btw. I do hope you beat him. We may not see eye to eye but Clan Wolf sticks together.

Half pads, sure...less contact? Sure...

Route speed = same on pass drills.

Think of this as pass drills, you go same speed, sometimes more enemy contact, sometimes less enemy contact. However hone your unit cohesion and tactics for winning.

Edited by Gyrok, 16 December 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#38 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostGyrok, on 16 December 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Half pads, sure...less contact? Sure...

Route speed = same on pass drills.

Think of this as pass drills, you go same speed, sometimes more enemy contact, sometimes less enemy contact. However hone your unit cohesion and tactics for winning.

Ok boss, we will hone our skills with the passing drills!

Can we drop this now its just, seems like we are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Its getting old.

So how's Butte Hold?

#39 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

Friends, this is a Beta. I'd keep the drama to a minimum since everything is going to be reworked.

Relax, have fun, and try to win when you can without cutting into your earnings.

I'd try to learn the maps and the strategies while earning rather than only focusing on wins right now.

This whole little planet drama just isn't worth it until they actually get things finalized.

Waaaaay too much drama and whining on these forums and people being mean to new guys. Lets all remember we'll all a bunch of geeks playing a computer game. :)

Edited by Blueduck, 16 December 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#40 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

I didn't ask anything. I made statements and rhetorical statements. As long as you guys play to win post-beta, I don't care.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users