76 replies to this topic

#1 Pepsi One

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

Congrats on Wolf grabbing that Butte Hold.

#2 HaHaLRMsGoWoosh

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

/Highfive

#3 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

Hell of a job!

#4 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

Aff, Well bargained and done then!

We have now PROVEN that it doesnt matter if CJF and Lords hold a planet, and even defend it into the zero hour.

Clan Wolf can and WILL stand united, and WILL take their planet back, dispatching your interclan-bullcrap.

(Now CJF, I invite you to insert your predictable "Oh, we weren't even trying..." excuse. We will simply respond with our videos of matches against CSJ and Lords in the final 2 hours)

[P.S, Good job on Maxies Planet]

Edited by Speerit Ward, 17 December 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#5 NAZGUULL

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSc

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:33 PM

congrats guys!

#6 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z1Krfww5eE

You bite the wolf, the wolf bites back, my man. Dayum.

Edited by Speerit Ward, 17 December 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#7 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostPepsi One, on 17 December 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

Congrats on Wolf grabbing that Butte Hold.

Indeed

Posted Image

#8 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 17 December 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Aff, Well bargained and done then!

We have now PROVEN that it doesnt matter if CJF and Lords hold a planet, and even defend it into the zero hour.

Clan Wolf can and WILL stand united, and WILL take their planet back, dispatching your interclan-bullcrap.

(Now CJF, I invite you to insert your predictable "Oh, we weren't even trying..." excuse. We will simply respond with our videos of matches against CSJ and Lords in the final 2 hours)

[P.S, Good job on Maxies Planet]

Please, do, since you got facerolled everytime i played with my premade. The fact is that we literally had 24 people going on the planet ( 12 man of SJR and 12 man of Lords) and you had six or more premades, counted. Stacking wins on turret farm is easy, like playing at "running down the clock at the spawn as an attacker".

Hopefully, if PGI solve the problem of empty matches as an attacker this won't happen anymore. :)

http://mwomercs.com/...-out-the-clock/

For reference.

#9 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

View Postw00tzor, on 17 December 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

Please, do, since you got facerolled everytime i played with my premade. The fact is that we literally had 24 people going on the planet ( 12 man of SJR and 12 man of Lords) and you had six or more premades, counted. Stacking wins on turret farm is easy, like playing at "running down the clock at the spawn as an attacker".

Hopefully, if PGI solve the problem of empty matches as an attacker this won't happen anymore. :)

For reference.

It's a different game. You had 2 twelve mans defending it, that was your problem. We had so many twelve mans attacking that one of them couldn't get a match for 3hrs (not even a ghost cap).

The released CW model does have an issue with ghost capping and a bit too much of an influence on larger units, but regardless of the changes, you're going off the premise that because you have 2 good (and small) competitive teams, you can take over everything. CW isn't about the raw talent of a few individual comp units.

You lost the planet because we organized our entire faction against it, not because of a couple games that ended up being longer than normal.

Edited by Aresye, 17 December 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#10 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostAresye, on 17 December 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

It's a different game. You had 2 twelve mans defending it, that was your problem. We had so many twelve mans attacking that one of them couldn't get a match for 3hrs (not even a ghost cap).

The released CW model does have an issue with ghost capping and a bit too much of an influence on larger units, but regardless of the changes, you're going off the premise that because you have 2 good (and small) competitive teams, you can take over everything. CW isn't about the raw talent of a few individual comp units.

You lost the planet because we organized our entire faction against it, not because of a couple games that ended up being longer than normal.

Did you read what i wrote?

Facerolling your premades in 20, 25 or 27 mins is indifferent. The whole problem, for now, is the ghost attacking, since when there are only, for example, two premades defending to prevent you take a point on the planet the other 4, 5 or 6 or whatever enemy premades are ghosting the attack, bringing up the faction points on the planet.

The point is that, right now, you can have the 20 strongest players in one team. You won't get anywhere unless you zerg something and spam attacks for free wins on it. :)

#11 Kanika

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

Considering my time wearing combat boots in the real world. I do think that stalling a enemy on one front while another attacks from another is a legit tactic.

When it comes to the free wins issue, that itself is something else. I do not think it was the intention to get defenseless wins but to do a meat grinder that was slow and painful.

#12 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

Buff turrets and generators in empty matches? Is it possible?

I note that removing empty attacks altogether would simply make planets unassailable, as all the defense has to do is..... Not show up. Provide no defense, attackers spend the entire 24 hours in queue, no attacks land on planet.

#13 stefchy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSofia,Bulgaria

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:07 AM

Falcons excuse is something we dont care about,The Lords yestarday made mistake by saying all sort of crap for us,but never the less we managed to get Butte Hold back. So GGClose. Hail all Wolfs who helped on getin the Hold back.We dont forget when somebody stab us in the back,and we take back what is rightfully ours.

#14 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:39 AM

I would have liked some actual games but at least we beat those turrets in good mood.

#15 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:44 AM

Nice job guys! :)

#16 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:28 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 18 December 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

Buff turrets and generators in empty matches? Is it possible?

I note that removing empty attacks altogether would simply make planets unassailable, as all the defense has to do is..... Not show up. Provide no defense, attackers spend the entire 24 hours in queue, no attacks land on planet.

Actually it's quite simple.

When there are people from both sides in que/game turret wars is offline. You wait your turn.

If there is not 12 people in que to defend or in game on said planet then turret wars spawn.

#17 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

View Postw00tzor, on 17 December 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

For reference.

Ah, so you say that we should have -known- that there was that few people defending Butte Hold? Interesting... Something similar happened when Butte Hold was taken by you guys. We fought and fought and won our fair share of matches but somehow it kept ticking over to your favor.

When it comes to delaying tactics, I am 100% certain that the Lords have used similar tactics. That scout you send over the gates is not only for scouting. Advance warning and possible delay of the enemy also gives you time to set up properly to thrust against the push.

I am all for people playing to win and finding different tactics and strategies that work for them. Remember, we need to find the playstyle that fits with us. If this playstyle happenes to radically differ from yours, then I am sorry... Find a way to counter it instead.

Perhaps now you guys will start concentrating on the Inner Sphere and -defending- other Clan Planets against attack instead of attacking us.

Edit: By the way... Art of War.

Edited by Vincent V., 18 December 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#18 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

View PostVincent V., on 18 December 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

Perhaps now you guys will start concentrating on the Inner Sphere and -defending- other Clan Planets against attack instead of attacking us.

Edit: By the way... Art of War.

Im not sure why you guys think that.

#19 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

View PostSabartooth14, on 17 December 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

/Highfive

Posted Image

#20 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

Im not sure why you guys think that.

So Lords cannot help defend other Clan planets when they have rolled Steiner?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users