Stuck/infinite Loop On Match Loading Screen

56 replies to this topic

#1 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

Just start playing MWO last Saturday(13/12/2014). For the first 3 days i can play smoothly. Now I'm stuck on the match loading Screen and I'm unable to play for several days now. I can login into game and see the Mech Lab.. i can do everything like Mech customization etc.

Sadly when i search for Public game and successfully found one. i enter this Loading Match Screen. For example The Mining Collective.. Mode/Game Mode: Skirmish.. Win conditions and Game play Tips at the bottom.. but i cant proceed beyond this. I see the Loading cycle keep on turning and turning but nothing happen. Waited 5 minute.. 10 Minute or even 30 minute when i go have my dinner and come back.. still nothing happen.

Try Repair tool.. Clean installation.. change DNS.. you name it.. the problem persist. Any idea guys to why? how to fix this?

#2 Saint Sin The ReapeR

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

I am also having this issue. though mainly when playing in a group strangley. The rest of my group do not get this problem

#3 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

Best we can do is Sent Report to MWO support group =).

#4 VitusFitzWoven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 528 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:23 AM

I also pleagued by this error :(

Approximately every third game i'am in an endless loop in the loading screen (happens in 32 and 64 bit mode). I checked if my C++ redist. and my DirectX are up to date and at some point installed the whole client anew. Sadly to no avail...

I would like to play a few matches with my friends during the christmas holidays, so if you know a workaround or got an idea, please help me (i dont think ill get an useful answer from the support till the new year).

#5 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:22 AM

Same here, started a few days ago... if I use alt-f4 to get out of the loading screen after a while, start the client again and use rejoin I can always get in, but the time lost is an annoying disadvantage.

#6 WIL1571

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

My problem is the same as Guyver81, that sad part of it is I activated my Premium Time without knowing that this will be an issue. With the holidays I will lose about a weeks time from my Premium =(. Does anyone know if it its possible to deactivate Premium Time until this issue is resolved?

#7 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

I already reported it.. receive a ticket. But i think developer also do not know to why.. or how.. to fix it yet =(. No respond or Fix reply from them yet.. kinda sad here.. haven't been able to play for a week now.

Same here Wil1571.. i bought 100 USD worth of MC.. bought Jenner Master bundle. Now its gone to waste.. Premium Time still ticking yet i cant play any game =(. I don't know how to deactivate Premium Time.. if i know.. i love to stop mine as well.

Generalazure i also experience it. I try to rejoin multiple time just see if today i can play or not.. when i can rejoin a game (miracle!) its already a lose game (Defeated Screen) =(

I feel ya ViitusFitzWoven... same here no reply or anything from Dev yet.. i feel left out =_='

Edited by Guyver81, 25 December 2014 - 06:22 AM.

#8 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

Welcome to my world ... been having this problem since Nov 21. Good luck getting a fast solution to this.

#9 WIL1571

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:55 AM

Given it's the holidays, but from p4r4g0n having the problem since Nov 21 makes it more serious now. Their should be some support available during these holidays at least, what if the server crashes? This is really frustrating and a waste of real money, quitting this game seems to be the only solution. :angry:

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

I believe I found a way to solve this.

The launcher and the repair tool seem to be downloading incorrect versions of three key game files. Fortunately, I had installed MWO on my laptop while I was in Egypt a week ago, and was able to copy the correct files from my laptop to my main computer.

I will share these files below so that you can try to replicate my solution:

1. Run the Repair Tool, using the Cog icon in the launcher.
- If you can't even get the launcher to run, you will find MWORepairTool.exe in ..\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32.
- Here is a copy of MWORepairTool.exe if you can't find your own.

2. Put this file in ..\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32 (replacing the incorrect version of MechWarriorOnline there).

3. Put this file in ..\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32 (replacing the incorrect version of MWOClient there there).

4. Put this file in ..\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin64 (replacing the incorrect version MWOClient there there).

Don't mix the files up. While the files in step 2 and 3 have the same name, they are the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the main game client respectively.

Let me know if this works for you.

Edited by Appogee, 28 December 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#11 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

As expected, it didn't work in my case as I'm pretty sure mine is related to some kind of udp / IP filtering at some point in my connection.

Thanks for trying to offer a solution though.

#12 WIL1571

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:55 AM

Worked for me, thanks again Appoggee. Still hoping for some compensation though from PGI for the lost premium game time because of this bug.

Edited by WIL1571, 29 December 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#13 Arc Viper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

This happened to me too! Right in the middle of a game everything froze. Tried to rejoin but kept getting kicked back to mechlab.

Third time, I got through, but it was trying to load a different map?!? LOL WTF

#14 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:45 AM

Thanks for replying Appogee =). I try your method.. nothing change =(. Still Problem persist =(. Anyway Thanks Appogee for Trying at least =)

This is the 11 day i cant play MWO.. same problem. Still stuck at the Match loading Screen. I run the Fix tool until i lost count of it.. I still dont know why this happen. No Windows update. All Driver up to date..

Weirdly.. when i start playing MWO on 13/12/2014.. for 3 whole days i have tons of fun.. smooth game~ no lag even thou my Ping was 300-320 ish. No problem at all

Then 4th day.. until now i cant pass the damn match loading screen =(.

#15 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:23 AM

Guyver81 - what time zone are you in?

I am able to connect between 01:00 to 09:00 (GMT+8) only. Try connecting then to see if it works.

Who knows maybe we have the same ISP :)

#16 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

Well I'm from Malaysia so my time Zone is GMT+08:00 Kuala Lumpur, Singapore =). Well at least we same GMT +8

ISP = TMnet StreamyX =)

You saying try play around 1am to 9am =_=' haha by that time im sleeping already =)

As i say.. That 3 days that I'm able to play.. its Random time.. I mean i can play during Noon or Evening or even at night no problem at all. Next morning on the 4th day BAMM! problem start till today =_='

Edited by Guyver81, 30 December 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#17 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

Same ISP. If you can stay up, you should be able to connect after 1am to 9am.

Other than that, you need to use a VPN until this issue is fixed .... still waiting on a response from support on this issue myself as I don't believe it is the ISP blocking / filtering the UDP packets but someone else along the connection.

P.S. FYI, Unifi does not have this problem because it uses a different route so the other alternative is to switch to that.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 30 December 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#18 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

Ohh wow haha.. Always Nice to see fellow countryman =)

Alright ill try it tonight.. Since its new year and all i stay up till late night and give it a shot =P

VPN? How to setup VPN.. im no IT expert =(.. ill look it up at google Thanks for the Idea =)

Unifi not available in my Area yet sadly.. still using Copper Cable.. =_='

Edited: What VPN u use P4r4g0n?

Edited by Guyver81, 30 December 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#19 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

I was having this problem a few days after the patch introducing 64bit. I had used the fixit tool and still encountered this problem. Eventually ended up completely removing the game and reinstalling it. This has happened a few times since I started playing (Day 1 of Free to Play). Little annoying but the reinstall has fixed this issue, and others similar to it, every time.

#20 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:28 AM

@Guyver81

You can try it out @ https://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial ... download the client, run it and use the trial userid and password. Good only for 15 minutes at a time and only 3 times per day but at least you will know whether it works or not before you fork out any money.

Not aware of any free vpn that give decent performance, maybe someone on the forums can suggest one. I just used that to diagnose what the problem was. Looking at upgrading to unifi as the latency is lower and I probably need more bandwidth anyway.

Meanwhile I'm just staying up and playing from 1am to 5am when I can :P

Edited by p4r4g0n, 31 December 2014 - 06:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users