Inner Sphere Against Clan (Cw)

403 replies to this topic

#1 CHIEF 1974

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Did anyone ever win against a clan opponent in CW?
Lost each attack or defend match.
I am playing games for 30 years now, but this is not very funny.

Best Regards
CHIEF 1974

PS: Hated Clans even on the board game.

Edited by CHIEF 1974, 19 December 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#2 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:05 AM

I did lose battles against the Inner Sphere. It require coordination and also good use of the ground.
But do not think it is not the case for Clans vs Inner Sphere, we also need to coordinate ourselve during the battle.

Do not think Clans are like twenty years ago.

They are perfectly defeatable.

Edited by KuroNyra, 20 December 2014 - 02:05 AM.

#3 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

more and more i'm seeing reaaaaaaly bad builds out of IS pilots.

-dedicated LRM centurions,

-Gauss + XL Atlases (seen a ton of these)

- XL hunchbacks

- 2 Atlas + 2 Locust drop decks

- nuthin' but LRMs bro (never heard of ECM)

- STD engine slow spiders / Ravens

mostly though, Gauss + PPC tryhards who put those guns in mechs they were not meant for, combined with XL or very slow engines to accommodate the over-sized guns..

bad IS players seem to think XL engines are a requirement, when on many mechs it is a death sentence. While in a 12v12 skirmish you can get away with it, when you are playing the long-game ISXL engines decrease survive-ability drastically. The IS "meta" from the regular Q is working against them.

a HUGE portion of IS players cant seem to use any other load-outs and will shoehorn it onto whatever chassis they can fit onto their drop deck. regardless if it makes them a walking bomb or not... low ELO players wandering into "hard mode"?

I wish I could look at the loadouts of all 48, because i'm willing to bet at least half of them are very poorly built.

until they learn, i will be sittin' here, popping side torsos and raking in 5-10 easy kills per game.

theory: Clan mechs' prices act as a bit of a talent hurdle, with (on average) better players because they either have the huge C-bill pile to afford the clams, or are spending $$$, which "not-so-good" players would not cough up.

This is backed up a bit last time Russ did an IS v Clan test and he said that clan pilots had a higher average ELO.

Edited by The Mechromancer, 20 December 2014 - 02:41 AM.

#4 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

Have won a few times against Clans both attacking and defending, both with Pugs and with VoIP. The updated Invasion mode with 3 generators actually made it easier for IS to win now due to the very fast IS mechs, although you still need a coordinated rush/sneak attacks.

All in all, teamwork and coordination matters more than what mechs each side is bringing.

#5 Kesslan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

I've lost more than a few matches against IS, so can't say it's entirely one sided.

#6 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

Only had about 4 games against clans so far 2 wins 2 losses. Only one of the wins was against a full 12 man though.

Seems fairly balanced atm but not a lot of experience to go on.

Edited by PhoenixNMGLB, 21 December 2014 - 01:01 AM.

#7 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:20 AM

If your fighting clans you need to be geared fr it. They typically have hard counters for everything IS can throw at them.

Streak crows for lights, ERlarges, ERPPCs, much better LRMs. Not to mention Timber, Timber, Crow, Kitfox decks.

Still we have a high success rate vs clan 12s and anything in between.

IS vs Clans is clearly not balanced IMO. This is an opinion formed even after a positive win percentage. PUGs and small groups have no chance vs their equals in an IS vs Clan match. That fact is not debatable.

#8 Father Dougal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

CI have won games against the clans. Superior tactics will trump Clan tech.

#9 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

Eh, clans aren't THAT much harder to fight. Direwolves are super good on defense, though, will give you that.

#10 Dran

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

Personally lead 5 victories back to back on New Berg last night (Aussie so sadly looks like the efforts of my fellow pugs were in vein!) against CGB and varied pug clans. It's hard yes, but very possible.

#11 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

View PostFather Dougal, on 21 December 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

CI have won games against the clans. Superior tactics will trump Clan tech.

+1, every time you fight against us you have better tactics. I didn't have the pleasure to meet you in 12-man with solid drop commander, but that will happen sooner or later.

IS has much greater build variety than Clans because Clans rarely have crit space/tonnage for 2+ strong weapons (energy excluded). That means while IS can make great Mechs and for their 240t drop deck they can bring 8 gauss rifles for example, but it also means that they have higher chance for some very, very bad loadouts. Some of the people I've seen were incredible, mounting small XL engines on close range brawling weapons they can't possibly use, or horrible ideas like XL Atlas or Stalkers. LRM lights and mediums, AC5 Ravens and so on. Should we somehow eliminate these bad Mechs from games, IS would win more in general.

#12 TiguriusX

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

You need teamwork. Teamwork is the top factor in all these CW drops

If you aren't a drop commander (usually the good ones are from units who got practice coordinating previously) then shut your ego in a box and follow orders.

This isn't like the solo queue where you are chasing kills and stats. If you don't work towards team objectives you will lose.

Sometimes you have to be the bait and get shot. Sometimes you get the boring job of guarding the gate where no action is to make sure nobody sneaks through.

Thems the breaks. Your goal in a CW drop is to win the ultimate objective (defend or destroy OMEGA). Your high score kill or damage is meaningless

If you get this...you have a chance

#13 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

just played a CW match. I personally killed or helped kill 3 XL LRM Stalkers...

It was fun times :D

#14 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:06 AM

View PostProphetic, on 21 December 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

If your fighting clans you need to be geared fr it. They typically have hard counters for everything IS can throw at them.

Streak crows for lights, ERlarges, ERPPCs, much better LRMs. Not to mention Timber, Timber, Crow, Kitfox decks.

Still we have a high success rate vs clan 12s and anything in between.

IS vs Clans is clearly not balanced IMO. This is an opinion formed even after a positive win percentage. PUGs and small groups have no chance vs their equals in an IS vs Clan match. That fact is not debatable.

Except for the fact, that its not a fact and is merely an opinion IDK why you IS puggies act as though whatever you say is indisputable. I guess that's what you all have to tell yourselves or something to feel better about losing.

PUGS and small groups have no chance against clans?

Tell me, why then, did my roomates' 8 man IS merc group go 10-0 W/L and not only did they win but lopsided steamroll victories at that. Against CJF 8 mans and pugs and some Ghost/Wolf 8 mans and pugs? Since clearly it is an infallible fact that they stood no chance according to you.(that was sarcasm since I know it will go over your head if I don't point it out)

Im sure you'll say it was a fluke or something along those lines, except they have the same results every night when they actually do CW so that kind of deflates your whole "IS has no chance against clans" argument.

Perhaps its because they actually work as a team and communicate instead of playing as an unorganized mob, and dont have horrible mech builds. Coincidentally none of the IS competitive team players are crying about clans being OP they tend to have good coms, teamwork and not crappy builds either.

Edited by SickerthanSars, 24 December 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#15 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 20 December 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

-dedicated LRM centurions,
-Gauss + XL Atlases (seen a ton of these)
- XL hunchbacks
- 2 Atlas + 2 Locust drop decks
- nuthin' but LRMs bro (never heard of ECM)
- STD engine slow spiders / Ravens

LRM Cents are still perfectly viable, but there are much better LRM boats than it now anyway.
XL Atlases are unacceptable. (Except maybe BH).
2 Atlas + 2 Lolcust is still perfectly well to do. Most just use KGCs now.
Yeah a full dropdeck of LRMs suck. You need versatility.
STD engine AC20 Ravens are partly acceptable as a last stand filler on defense, otherwise unacceptable.

http://metamechs.com...ropship-ladder/ This should be a reference point on most's drop decks (except more experienced pilots).

#16 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

Let me get this straight, you are telling me that IS-mechs are inferior to Clan-mechs in CW because the IS-Pilots are too stupid to build a competitive mech? Is that it?
I´ll get it, it´s far easier to tell yourself that the enemy is not on your level of play than accepting the fact that the mechs you are piloting are better than the mechs of your enemy.

You must be very ignorant not to acknowledge the difference in strength between Clan- and IS-mechs.

But i would be fine with this difference if they would change the drop limit for IS-mechs to 250 or 260. That way the Clan-mechs can stay superior to IS-Mechs while giving the IS-pilots a fighting chance.
At this stage CW is just not fun vs. Clan as IS.

Edited by BeaverOnFire, 24 December 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#17 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Its the PUGS vs Clan games, I have played many though am over it now. I wont be playing CW again for some time.
The Clan defenders push out the gate and spawn camp your drop.

Perhaps a boundry to stop this.

#18 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Ok PGI, its obvious CW dosnt work for PUGS. We would still like to play these games though.
Suggestion; how about give us a merc system to fight over.

#19 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

View PostBeaverOnFire, on 24 December 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Let me get this straight, you are telling me that IS-mechs are inferior to Clan-mechs in CW because the IS-Pilots are too stupid to build a competitive mech? Is that it?
I´ll get it, it´s far easier to tell yourself that the enemy is not on your level of play than accepting the fact that the mechs you are piloting are better than the mechs of your enemy.

You must be very ignorant not to acknowledge the difference in strength between Clan- and IS-mechs.

But i would be fine with this difference if they would change the drop limit for IS-mechs to 250 or 260. That way the Clan-mechs can stay superior to IS-Mechs while giving the IS-pilots a fighting chance.
At this stage CW is just not fun vs. Clan as IS.

really because again we, well my roomate since he is IS went 10-0 vs clans tonight in lopsided victories yet again including some matches against clanner friends of mine. and vs clanner 8mans, the pattern of non competitive IS pubbies crying clans OP continues yet even a half decent organized group IS 8 man has no problem beating clan pugs and clanner small groups....If you're getting camped at the drop your team is just bad idc if you're clan or IS

Edited by SickerthanSars, 24 December 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#20 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostBolter01, on 24 December 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Ok PGI, its obvious CW dosnt work for PUGS. We would still like to play these games though.
Suggestion; how about give us a merc system to fight over.

PGI said the CW is hard mode. Uncoordinated solo players who are not on comms with the rest of the team will almost always lose to an organized team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users