Technical Specifications:
Mass 60 Tons
Chasis Alshain Type 56-60H
Armor Starshield
Engine Vlar 300
Speed 86-7.4 Km/h
Jump Jets none

Armament 1xLRM-10, 2x Medium Lasers, 1x Autocannon/5

That's the original Dragon and it's load out. Enjoy. Next we shall be covering the Hunchback, and the Atlas, and the Jenner, then the Wolfhound.

Have you heard something about the wolfhound?

#42 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostHayden, on 18 December 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

Have you heard something about the wolfhound?

Since it was out already by the time of the Clan invasion, one would assume it would be in Steiner's forces. As well as a Warhammer or two.

#43 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

very nice looking :D

#44 Kurohyou

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTemple, Texas

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

It's a start with the frame. Looking forward to outfitting my way.

#45 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 23 November 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

In MPBT: Solaris, the Dragon-1C was a nice mech if well used. Granted in MPBT you were able to aim for cockpits with that AC/2 and LRM, which is a little improbably in the Battletech Universe.....but was still alot of fun ;)

Bit of a necrobump, but knowing how these things go, I haven't been around.

In MPBT:Solaris, if I was dropping heavy, the Dragon-1C was all I dropped with. I didn't bother with cockpit shots. I'd double leg at range, then close in to finish off my cursing opponent with lasers, keeping well out of their prone firing arc. It wasn't quick or pretty, but it was effective.

#46 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

I think you guys might want to check the second post of this thread again, and refresh the page. The Dragon's gotten a facelift!

Edited by Youngblood, 26 January 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#47 SovietKoshka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSomewhere betwixed the stars of the inner sphere and rim

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

DRAGON FTW

#48 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostTurnon, on 23 November 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

Posted Image

My favorite DC mech.

#49 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

Paves the way for the Grand Dragon I guess, but I liked it better lacking the elbow/actuator. "Flip arms" is deadly.

#50 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

The Dragon. The face of the enemy that we despise. A monster piloted by monsters- a symbol and war machine of an evil empire that threatens freedom across the Inner Sphere. When I suit up in a Centurion, my shining armour, I suit up to slay the Dragon.

Out of character, it is actually one of my favourite redesigns- cannot wait to take one on in the redesigned centurion. Such a perfect pair of enemies.

#51 Aokarasu

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

I like the Dragon - decent sniping armament for a striker/harasser. Depending on what versions become available and what, if any, sort of modifications we can make, I'd rather have a MAD.

#52 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostAokarasu, on 25 February 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I like the Dragon - decent sniping armament for a striker/harasser. Depending on what versions become available and what, if any, sort of modifications we can make, I'd rather have a MAD.

Me too, or a Cataphract. The Dragon's role can be filled more effectively by medium mechs, like the Griffin, Shadow Hawk, Wolverine, and Dervish.

#53 Ryuu Tetsuhara

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine capital

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

I wonder what pure or popular DCMS mechs will be shown next ... possibly, the Panther and the Orion ... most likely, the 8th mech introduced by the developers will be an assault one though (since 2 light, 2 medium, 2 heavy, and 1 assault mechs have been confirmed so far) ... I hope the DRG-1G and DRG-2Y variants will also be made available ...

#54 Aokarasu

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Orion is actually more FWL than any other faction, as a point of order. I'd really love to see a Hatamoto chassis in the game.

#55 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

If you want another draconis mech, and the next likely mech to be released is assault... Mauler?
(Except the Mauler isnt in full service yet, what is currently in service is the Daboku which is a deathtrap)

Edited by Longsword, 27 February 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#56 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostLongsword, on 27 February 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

If you want another draconis mech, and the next likely mech to be released is assault... Mauler?
(Except the Mauler isnt in full service yet, what is currently in service is the Daboku which is a deathtrap)

The Mauler as seen in TRO 3050 enters service in the mid-3040's, so it's a goer at launch. The Daboku is scrapped after the War of 3039. However the Mauler (& Daboku) come with CASE as standard, so if they are limiting our access to lostech at the start, that could be a problem. We'll see. If I obtain one I'm gutting it & starting over because the weaopon layout is awful, & no facelift can fix that. The lasers should be in the chest & the AC2 bundles should be in the arms. It'd make variants soooo much easier.

Back on topic, I like this Dragon. It's instantly recognizeable, unlike those Dark Age toys. :unsure:

#57 Gigaton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationDieron District Gymnasium, learning to pilot 'Mechs until July

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

This is definately my fav out of the game artwork so far, especially as the original Dragon was bit of a bulky piece of meh. I also note that the originally rear firing laser in left torso has been brought to bear foward (ditto for Centurion, actually).

I do hope this doubles as sort of a Grand Dragon with optional energy weapon slot on the right arm. Not too big fan of AC/5, but PPC + heatinks or large laser + LRM 15 + heatinks should both work well even without LosTech.

Edited by Gigaton, 16 March 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#58 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

we need a league of free worlds chasis :unsure:

#59 Gigaton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationDieron District Gymnasium, learning to pilot 'Mechs until July

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

FWL should get Hermes II.

#60 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 25 February 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Me too, or a Cataphract. The Dragon's role can be filled more effectively by medium mechs, like the Griffin, Shadow Hawk, Wolverine, and Dervish.

Kurita has always liked its fast heavies, the point of this is that the dragon can stay with the mediums and do the same job with the added advantage of being able to absorb more punishment than any of the mediums you listed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users