Breaking News: # Davions = Traitors To The Inner Sphere? #

232 replies to this topic

#1 Cart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:59 AM

While House Kurita, the Free Rasalhague Republic and even (most) of House Steiner are fighting against the Clan-Aggressors as best as they can, one House seem to have other plans in this war. House Daion is offusing the situation, that they have no border to the Clans, and is attacking the stretched out defense-lines of the DCMS at the border between Davion and Kurita space and at the same time, they try to gain some ground at their border to the Capellan Confederation.
Also, there are some Steiner units, who find it easier to attack House Marik, rather than helping at the Clan Border.
House Marik and Liao fund a solution with a cease-fire their old feud, which has raised the chances for Marik to defend against Steiner and for Liao to defend against Davion.
But at the moment, it doesn't seem like there is any chance of a cease-fire between House Kurita and the Clan or House Kurita and House Davion, which means a hard time for the DCMS troops.

#2 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

The lion fights a three front war and is winning. As long as the oh so peaceful other houses have a davion planet occupied there will be no truce or peace. You can't wake the lion and bid for mercy when you are the food on his table.

#3 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:42 AM

Our Davions brethren have been pushing as much into Persistence as we Steiners. It is just that they do not have any avenues to counterattack the Clans like we do. Also, they have been fending off those treacherous Mariks, Kuritas, and Liao, the former two have been attacking Steiner worlds while we have been distracted by the Clans.

Edited by Farix, 22 December 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#4 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:01 AM

Well, Davion fighting the Clans only happened because of Stackpole. If you look at the history that FASA gave the FedSuns you can clearly see that the AFFS only attacks weaker opponents. So no, the FedSuns ain't traitors to the Inner Sphere, they're just following their nature.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:13 AM

Go look at the map and see all of the Steiner planets bordering the clans. Not a single one of them has not been defended by Davion pilots. I personally dropped at least 15 times on Persistence, defending it from those invaders.

Yet as me and my brothers did that, the DCMS was pushing into our territory trying to take our planets. Do you expect us to lay docile as you stab us? No, for every world you try to take, we will take 5. Yes, I acknowledge that you have mighty units defending your borders with us, but those resources are better spent on the clan fronts, not stabbing us in the back.

Our quarrel with FWL and the Capellans comes from their own aggression. Now, all of the houses have a choice. Either keep wasting their power and resources attacking Davion worlds, while letting the clans run amok, or join together and fight the clans.

Do no expect us to return the worlds we have taken as punishment easily either. At the end of the day, we want a unified Inner Sphere. However, right now, it seems there is no better force to guide the Inner Sphere than the Federated Commonwealth.

To make things short: Make peace with us, and fight the clans beside us, or be trampled by our righteous charge on our path towards the clans. Do not think we will sit and wait for them to approach Holy Terra. If we have to, we will cut a path through the Draconis Combine to reach the clans and quash them ourselves.

#6 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:27 AM

#lyingdracs

that is all.

#7 BlackPhoenix01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:36 AM

Posted Image

We are fighting a 3 front war as it is. We do send a few pilots to assist our Steiner brethren on their clan boarder, but we honestly don't care about the test tube babies right now - it's a fight for a later date. I will say this.....

Aces Wild DOES intend to fight back the clans.... When we meet them halfway on Luthien....

Posted Image

Edited by BlackPhoenix01, 22 December 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#8 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostBlackPhoenix01, on 22 December 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

Aces Wild DOES intend to fight back the clans.... When we meet them halfway on Luthien....

Amen

#9 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

When House Davion meets the Clans, and yes boys and girls its when not if, we will see what needs to be done. Right now the issues we have to deal with are closer to home as Marik throws everything they have at our border. They have been offered peace treaties multiple times by House Davion and refused them. We even offered them Asuncion if they would stop their predations on our border, they refused so we kept it. They prefer to work with the insanity that is House Liao. I begin to wonder what is going through the mind of the leadership in house Marik. If they want peace they know what they need to do.

Kurita...ahhh the Dracs are a different story...I could give you many righteous reasons for the conflict that rages on the DC border with Davion and why it will always rage in the hearts of true Davion Loyalists. I need only say one word and all of the Inner sphere should hang their heads and look away as Davion Marches across Kurita space.....Kentares.....
Even the Clans who's sole purpose in the universe is to wage war in their efforts to become the perfect warrior shrinks back from destroying a world and killing so many innocents. Mark my words, most of the House Davion leadership would deal with the Clans before they would deal with the Dracs...other than to watch them kneel before the righteous might that is House Davion.

#10 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

REMEMBER

KENTARES IV!

http://www.sarna.net...ntares_Massacre

Edited by kesmai, 22 December 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#11 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCortlandt Manor, NY

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

It is foolish to believe that we are only fighting amongst the great houses. Your propaganda is ridiculous. The 22nd accepts the call to arms against all aggressors, whether or not they care Clan scum. House Davion fights a war on all borders. Once the rest of the Inner Sphere ceases their petty attempts at land grabs we will let those borders be. Until then, expect heavy resistance and heavy retribution.

And as always, AFFS pilots-

Empty the bins and leave nothing standing.

#12 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

I'm just enjoying the 1.5 hours before a ceasefire when Davion has the numbers to do a 60+ attack que on Liao worlds because Liao doesn't have that many active players.

#13 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

Wow!! Unbelievable how short Davion memory can be. Was it not a couple of decades ago (going with the current MW timeline for RP purposes) that the cowardly and insidious Davion dogs and their Lyran pets STOLE many planets along the Marik, Liao and Kurita borders around Terra, JUST so Davion and Steiner could touch cosmic fingertips together??

Marik, Liao and Kurita only fight for what belonged to each of us respectively a few short decades ago. Free your greedy grips on our planets that rightfully belong to our respective houses, and then we can focus on the clans as a whole.

OOC
From a non-RP standpoint though, Davion has had it very easy seeing as Liao players are only trickling back into the game, and Kurita is somewhat disorganized, but that's only from what I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong. We Mariks have good leadership in several unit leaders that coordinate quite well. Granted, we have some top-notch units gaining ground, and other units that are struggling, but overall, we're doing better than expected.

#14 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

At the time of the First Succession War the Draconis Combine was on the offensive. The Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery under command of Coordinator Minoru Kurita overcame the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns's defenders and pushed deep into the Federated Suns. By 2796 Combine troops were only one jump away from New Avalon, but the supply lines were too stretched and vulnerable for the preparation of the final attack, especially after the Combine supply depot on New Rhodes III was destroyed. Minoru Kurita, landed on Kentares IV to personally oversee the establishment of a new forward base of operations.
The Combine forces began to gain control of the planet during the summer of 2796, forcing the Davion defenders to a single continent. Outside the town of New Snowfield, Minoru was so taken with the scenery that he left his BattleMaster and traveled on foot, accompanied by a small number of troops and a Buddhist priest. It was then that a sharpshooter from the 7th Crucis Lancers shot the Coordinator in the back, killing him. Since Minoru Kurita wore a standard DCMS uniform with Colonel's insignia, the Federated Suns sniper didn't realize whom he had killed.
When Minoru's son Jinjiro learned of the assassination, after he arrived on Kentares he very calmly and quietly ordered his forces to "kill them all", executing one of his generals who dared to question his order. For five months, the Kurita forces systematically murdered everyone they could find on the planet, not even ComStar staff on-world were spared. Jinjiro himself oversaw several of the mass murders and at one point forbade the use of modern weapons, instead requiring his troops to use their katana (swords) to behead the victims. When the priest who had been with Minoru in his final moments approached Jinjiro to beg him to stop the genocide, Jinjiro personally stabbed him, leaving his body to rot with the rest of his victims.
The crew of Jinjiro's Daimyo HQ vehicle were so horrified at the massacre that when the Coordinator left the command vehicle to begin viewing the executions in person, they deliberately passed recordings of the events on to a local ComStar representative. Even as Combine troops were besieging his station, head of the Kentares HPG Nolan Mordiki continued to transmit news of the massacre against ComStar directives. Before long, the entire Inner Sphere knew of Jinjiro's actions on Kentares IV; when the actions of the HQ personnel were discovered, the crew were killed by Jinjiro's bodyguard, the Otomo. In February of 2797, when Jinjiro left the planet behind, over 90 percent of the civilian population had been murdered. In total, the Kuritan forces massacred over 52 million people.
The Massacre was the turning point in the First Succession War. Up until that point, the Federated Suns seemed almost on the verge of collapse. The Massacre rallied the population and the AFFS, who soon began pushing back against the invaders. Contributing to this reversal was the demoralisation of the DCMS. The few soldiers who could stand it to be responsible for the mass murder of millions of civilians still saw it as a personal loss of honor according to bushido. By 2818 the AFFS pushed the Combine back to its pre-war borders.
Horrified by news of the atrocity, the Eridani Light Horse mercenary unit attempted to break contract with the Combine in June 2798, only to suffer their own massacre in microcosm when the Combine official on their baseworld of Sendai killed all their dependents when the mercenaries refused to surrender.

http://www.sarna.net...ntares_Massacre

Edited by StillRadioactive, 22 December 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#15 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

Also, the most recent player population figures that I can come up with:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So by one account, Davion at 14.43% of the player population is fighting against two single-minded enemies (4.00% + 2.94% = 6.94%) plus one who's distracted with a clan border (10.73%) for a total of 17.67% of the player population.

14.43% < 17.67%

By another account, it's 6,964 players taking on 4,251 players in single-minded factions (2,227 + 2,024) plus 6,499 in a distracted faction, for a total of 10,750.

6,964 < 10,750

Even completely discounting the fact that those figures are old, it's obvious that the three largest factions in the IS are (in order) Davion, Kurita and Steiner.

Davion is rapidly expanding its territory, while Kurita and Steiner have each gone through periods where they absolutely hemorrhaged planets. Steiner's was first, and appears to have stopped. Kurita is in the middle of theirs... so success isn't solely dependent upon player population, as Liao, Marik, Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar are all far smaller and are all doing far better then Steiner and Kurita are.

Also, you can stop using turret walks as an excuse any time now... WE CAN SEE THE PLAYER QUEUE COUNTS AND WE KNOW YOU'RE LYING.

By the way, to any Steiner players who are reading this... know that mercenaries don't all choose their contracts at random. Take from that what you will.

#16 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 22 December 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

I'm just enjoying the 1.5 hours before a ceasefire when Davion has the numbers to do a 60+ attack que on Liao worlds because Liao doesn't have that many active players.

So let me get this straight. You are trying to use the fact that so few people in this game identify with the ideals of House Liao and the present leadership that you can't muster enough people to fight on 1 planet as a dig at House Davion... :blink: :lol: :blink:

View PostCaine2112, on 22 December 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Wow!! Unbelievable how short Davion memory can be. Was it not a couple of decades ago (going with the current MW timeline for RP purposes) that the cowardly and insidious Davion dogs and their Lyran pets STOLE many planets along the Marik, Liao and Kurita borders around Terra, JUST so Davion and Steiner could touch cosmic fingertips together??

Marik, Liao and Kurita only fight for what belonged to each of us respectively a few short decades ago. Free your greedy grips on our planets that rightfully belong to our respective houses, and then we can focus on the clans as a whole.

OOC
From a non-RP standpoint though, Davion has had it very easy seeing as Liao players are only trickling back into the game, and Kurita is somewhat disorganized, but that's only from what I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong. We Mariks have good leadership in several unit leaders that coordinate quite well. Granted, we have some top-notch units gaining ground, and other units that are struggling, but overall, we're doing better than expected.

Hopefully you have read the previous post and understand the folly of your words concerning RP.

Strictly from a non-RP standpoint..Would be glad to correct you....
House Liao will never be a great power for two reasons...1) if you look at the population levels with in the game Liao is always last or second to last. 2) People and units are actually trickling out of house Liao even with the bonus offered by PGI...hmmm makes you wonder why.. :huh:

The thought that House Davion has had it easy is ridiculous as we have been fighting a 3 Faction front since day 1 and sending troops to defend against the clans. The only other house fighting on that many fronts are our Steiner Brethren.

When it comes to fighting i would have to agree with your assesment that House Marik is organized and we respect your abilities on the battle field. I do disagree with you on them being organized as a faction tho..if they had their stuff together they would be making decisions on what is best for House Marik as a whole and not let their emotions get the best of them. As i have stated in other posts Units were offered treaties that would have given Marik as a whole territories and breathing room and those units rejected them out of hand with out even bringing it to the other big units with in House Marik. How can the normal Marik soldier be confident in their leaderships decision making when they are allied with the Goonswarm?
Think about that.... :blink:

Edited by 100mile, 22 December 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#17 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 22 December 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

Also, the most recent player population figures that I can come up with:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So by one account, Davion at 14.43% of the player population is fighting against two single-minded enemies (4.00% + 2.94% = 6.94%) plus one who's distracted with a clan border (10.73%) for a total of 17.67% of the player population.

14.43% &lt; 17.67%

By another account, it's 6,964 players taking on 4,251 players in single-minded factions (2,227 + 2,024) plus 6,499 in a distracted faction, for a total of 10,750.

6,964 &lt; 10,750

Even completely discounting the fact that those figures are old, it's obvious that the three largest factions in the IS are (in order) Davion, Kurita and Steiner.

Davion is rapidly expanding its territory, while Kurita and Steiner have each gone through periods where they absolutely hemorrhaged planets. Steiner's was first, and appears to have stopped. Kurita is in the middle of theirs... so success isn't solely dependent upon player population, as Liao, Marik, Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar are all far smaller and are all doing far better then Steiner and Kurita are.

Also, you can stop using turret walks as an excuse any time now... WE CAN SEE THE PLAYER QUEUE COUNTS AND WE KNOW YOU'RE LYING.

By the way, to any Steiner players who are reading this... know that mercenaries don't all choose their contracts at random. Take from that what you will.

Thanks for the info - although I am curious as to your source.

I for one am not complaining about ghost drops, I think in actual fact they aren't the problem. However I think lying is a strong word to use, only PGI have the full information and at the moment they aren't sharing.

Is it possible that a lot of what the organised groups call ghost drops are actually against PUGs?

#18 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 22 December 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Thanks for the info - although I am curious as to your source.

I for one am not complaining about ghost drops, I think in actual fact they aren't the problem. However I think lying is a strong word to use, only PGI have the full information and at the moment they aren't sharing.

Is it possible that a lot of what the organised groups call ghost drops are actually against PUGs?

Yeah, the lying and ghost drops bit wasn't directed at you. Just frustration built-up from now 12 days of being constantly accused of farming ghost drops, when every player on the Davion side knows it's untrue.

The source on those player population figures comes from a veeeeerrrryyyy old forum thread.

http://mwomercs.com/...steel-dominion/

While the actual numbers have no doubt changed, I'd think it's safe to assume that the overall distribution is pretty much the same. The lore behind each faction hasn't changed a bit, so if ~15% of people were drawn to Davion before, then it's safe to assume that ~15% of people are drawn to Davion now.

And while it's true that Davion is working to unite the Federated Commonwealth, upping our share of players to 13,718 by one account or 24.37% by the other, that would also open up the new FedCom to three new borders (Rasalhague, Falcon and Wolf) and the fact that all clanners would be eligible to defend against our attacks. This means that the total population of players aligned against this union is inestimable using the only available information.

TL;DR: It's not easy being Davion, but we're surprising ourselves with how well we're handling it. So far, we've only broken our stride when Marik put up everything they had to try and save Asuncion.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't address your question about PUGs... I think you're right in that the organized groups are completely forgetting that the actions of their PUGs have an impact as well. Conspicuous how almost every unit claims to have a near-perfect win/loss ratio.

Edited by StillRadioactive, 22 December 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#19 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 22 December 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Conspicuous how almost every unit claims to have a near-perfect win/loss ratio.

Of which we know they don´t have :D .

#20 Thomas Alderman

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

We fight a 3 front war for several reasons and each front has its own. I will start with the one closest to my heart.

The Draconis Combine Front
This one is simple. Until the DCMS has paid equally in blood for those murdered on Kentares we will not stop. The entirety of the Inner Sphere will hear our rallying cry of REMEMBER KENTARES and know that our cause is righteous. If this means that we have to drive them back to Black Luthien than so be it blood will be paid in blood. The murdered WILL be avenged.

The Cappellan Confederation Front
Here we do not fight a war of aggression but one of liberation. Too long have the peoples of the St. Ives Compact lived under the yoke of oppression cast on them by the rulers of House Liao. The time has come for them to throw off that yoke and the soldiers and Mercs of the AFFS will be the instruments of its removal. Once they have been freed we will turn our attention to the rest of the Confederation and offer them the same freedoms.

The Free Worlds League Front
This war was not brought on by our aggression but by our showing that we would not allow our planets to be taken unopposed. That we have had to push back to show our resolve is unfortunate. As my CO has stated treaties have been offered and rejected. If the Marik leadership does not want Davion allies and continues to attack then will be forced to respond in kind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users