How Come Buying Ala'cart Mechs Gives Zero Of The Other Items, Even Though Its Almost Half The Price Of The Full $80/$120 Packs?

52 replies to this topic

#1 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:10 AM

Just asking.

Buying mechs A La Cart has no "value" to it at all if you want to get that one specific mech, for half the price of getting 4 mechs. You'd think you'd at least get a single set of all the other items along with it to sweeten the deal. Id probably drump the $35 to get a special Zeus if I knew I got one of each of the items with it.

Basically just make it like the cheapest mech pack, only costing more because you pick the mech you want, and get all the goodies with the single mech.

Its all digital items, so its not like they have to go through the trouble of opening up a box of mechs like a box of action figures to dig out the single one out of the set you want.

You can buy an Ice Ferret A La Cart for $55, or you can buy the Koshi Collection for $30 and get all the items with it. It makes no sense at all. Completely illogical.

Edited by Crunk Prime, 02 December 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#2 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

Yup...Might as well buy the pack and get ALL the goodies instead of 1 mech and nothing else.

You know why they did it that way...MONEY!

At least they have the a la carte option. Just decide what is really worth it for you.

Even if this way turns you off to buying a mech, it won't for others. PGI has learned what makes them the most money by now I think....I think anyway.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 02 December 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#3 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

Just decide what is really worth it for you.

Its not worth it. I just want the Zeus, but with some cockpit swag and Stiener paint/camo with it. I have no interest in the other mechs at all.

But since it'd cost me basically $40 just to get it, and it has no bonus items, Im just going to wait for the Cbill release in March or whenever it happens.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:20 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 02 December 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

Its not worth it. I just want the Zeus, but with some cockpit swag and Stiener paint/camo with it. I have no interest in the other mechs at all.

But since it'd cost me basically $40 just to get it, and it has no bonus items, Im just going to wait for the Cbill release in March or whenever it happens.

You just decided what was worth it....nothing LOL.

#5 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:25 AM

Because you're not buying a full pack with stated bonuses just cherrypicking to spend the least money you can?

They're giving you an incentive to buy the pack.... see the word pack..... pack.....

#6 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:31 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 02 December 2014 - 03:10 AM, said:

You'd think you'd at least get a single set of all the other items along with it to sweeten the deal

a single set of what other items? the rewards are included with ala carte purchases.

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 02 December 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

Yup...Might as well buy the pack and get ALL the goodies instead of 1 mech and nothing else.

you do get all the "goodies", and it's 3 mechs plus 3 mech bays, not just 1 mech.

#7 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 02 December 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

you do get all the "goodies", and it's 3 mechs plus 3 mech bays, not just 1 mech.

It says nowhere in the alacart section that you get the other things like faction pack paint/camo, warhorn, beer mug, etc. You literally get just the 3 mechs, with 3 mechbays, and nothing else.

For $35/$55 you should get all the other stuff the "Fire Pack" or "Koshi Collection" comes with, only you pick your mech instead of getting the light mech.

Edited by Crunk Prime, 02 December 2014 - 03:38 AM.

#8 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:37 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 02 December 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

a single set of what other items? the rewards are included with ala carte purchases.

I may have been wrong about the frills that come with it. The pack didn't interest me so I never looked at it. I was going off the OPs word since I figured he was interested and did look into it.

Ahhh. Ok, I was thinking like one chassis line but said one mech. That is where I miss spoke. I'm aware a la carte is one chassis type and not just one individual mech. My bad, I mis-spoke

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 02 December 2014 - 03:40 AM.

#9 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 02 December 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

It says nowhere in the alacart section that you get the other things like faction pack paint/camo, warhorn, beer mug, etc. You literally get just the 3 mechs, with 3 mechbays, and nothing else.

For $35/$55 you should get all the other stuff the "Fire Pack" or "Koshi Collection" comes with, only you pick your mech instead of getting the light mech.

Nope. I bought ala cart during the first clan release and got the rewards, and I bought ala cart with this release and already have the hanging item, and I should have the beer stein today.

#10 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:50 AM

Advantages of package-deals compared to comfort of cherry-picking .

Either method of acquiring has its pros and cons.

Enjoy your choice(s) !

#11 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:54 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 02 December 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

Nope. I bought ala cart during the first clan release and got the rewards, and I bought ala cart with this release and already have the hanging item, and I should have the beer stein today.

Those are the monthly rewards. Are you going to get a faction pack to pick from that comes with faction paint, faction camo, and faction coffe mug, and faction warhorn? Pretty sure, no.

#12 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:55 AM

To clarify -

Ala carte does not just give you the Mechs. For Clan Wave 1, at least, you also receive the pre-order rewards (the rewards that expire by month).

A pack will give you the contents of the pack in addition to the pre-order rewards.

Edit: Ninja'ed.

Edited by Scurry, 02 December 2014 - 03:55 AM.

#13 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:03 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 02 December 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

Those are the monthly rewards. Are you going to get a faction pack to pick from that comes with faction paint, faction camo, and faction coffe mug, and faction warhorn? Pretty sure, no.

you're changing what you said. first you said

View PostCrunk Prime, on 02 December 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

You literally get just the 3 mechs, with 3 mechbays, and nothing else.

You was literally wrong because you literally do get more than just the 3 mechs and mech bays(depending on how soon you order it), and yes, I'm 99% certain ala carte orders also get the faction content as well.

#14 Star Witch Esperanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:25 AM

Because MONEY
Posted Image

#15 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:27 AM

because sales and bundles always nearly everywhere in buisness work like that. Thats the whole sense of making bundles.

also unless you don't want a T1 or T2 mech the a la carte is the cheaper version, so its kinda fine tbh.

#16 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

They add the bonus to pack purchases to make the packs more attractive.

If you buy a la carte ... you still receive the early order bonuses as far as I know. I think you would probably also receive the loyalty rewards if you have previous purchases.

However, spending $35.00 a la carte is cheaper than purchasing a pack ... because of the discount you don't get the bonus pack items.

If you want the light ... you spend $20.00 for the pack instead of $35.00 a la carte and get the bonus items. If you want the medium you have the choice of spending $40.00 for the pack ... getting the light and the medium plus all the bonus items for just $5.00 more ... a great deal. However, if you are interested in the assault the options are $80.00 for the pack or $35.00 a la carte ... save $45.00 to get just the mech you want ... but you don't receive any of the bonus pack items since you are spending significantly less money than someone else who wants the same mech and buys a pack to get it.

It is simply a trade off ... and I suspect that the number of people who would decide not to spend $35.00 because it did not include a couple of cosmetic items would be relatively small. The "value" in the purchase is not in the cosmetic items but in the 3 mechs and mech bays (along with the 30% earnings boost on the prime variant).

#17 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:47 AM

Businesses trying to make money to stay in business? HOW DARE THEY!

No really, this is purely to incentivize you to fund their game. If you could cherry-pick any mech with all the pack bonuses then everyone would just buy their favorite. It's totally true: $55 vs $80/120.

#18 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:59 AM

View PostMitsuragi, on 02 December 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

No really, this is purely to incentivize you to fund their game. If you could cherry-pick any mech with all the pack bonuses then everyone would just buy their favorite. It's totally true: $55 vs $80/120.

No matter what kind of individual mech packs they offer, it wont even affect the "whales" in the game who are the primary spenders in the game, who will buy the biggest packs every time regardless.

If you offer more appealing smaller mech packs with great value, now not only are you still keeping all the "whales" who have no issues spending $120 on your game for whatever crap you are selling, because they will always spend tons of money no matter what, you also pull in all the people with less money who still dont mind tossing a few bucks down on games for things here and there.

MWOs high prices have alienated alot of people, and its openly mocked by many.

As it is now, most people just look at the A La Cart section and realize what a ripoff it is and just stick to not paying anything and playing for free.

#19 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:03 AM

You have to admit though that this pack is a better value than the clan prices. $80 gets you 13 mechs and with early bonus 90 days premium. Get the clan mechs and $90 gets you the bottom three chassis for 9 mechs and 30 days premium.

-k

#20 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostMitsuragi, on 02 December 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

and mankind especially the western countries have beaten communism just to start complaining about poeple trying to make money.
That cultural irony xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users