10 replies to this topic

#1 Toadflakz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hi all,

Here's a small Silverlight app I wrote which does the usual showing the planets data in a grid, but also does some interesting stuff like working out a leaderboard for units and factions.

Unit leaderboard is based on planets owned.

Faction leaderboard is based on planets gained/lost.

Here's the link: http://toadflakz.azu...apTestPage.aspx

PGI, please let me know if there are any issues with using your logo (it's easily changed) - note the copyright notice at the bottom also links straight to mwomercs.com when clicked.

Also many improvements in the works for the future.

-Toadflakz

#2 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

Hey that's pretty sweet man.

My only comment would be.... Silverlight :P

Gj though sir

#3 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Cool! I'll see if Dracol can link this is his Comstar Chronicles MWO newsletter. www.comstarchronicle.com

#4 Toadflakz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:03 AM

View PostcSand, on 23 December 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hey that's pretty sweet man.

My only comment would be.... Silverlight :P

Gj though sir

Hehe... I'm a WPF C# developer by trade so it was the easiest technology for me to push out an app in a few hours. Plus while this is still very basic, I'm going to use XAML's advanced UI features to develop a really solid graphical map UI as well. And a few other tools that people may find useful which I'm keeping under wraps for now. ;)

View PostIhasa, on 23 December 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Cool! I'll see if Dracol can link this is his Comstar Chronicles MWO newsletter. www.comstarchronicle.com

Thank you! It'll be great for working out how much traffic this thing actually uses - I may have to move it to better/cheaper hosting than Azure then cos I'm paying per MB downloaded after a certain point at the moment.

#5 Shelle

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:27 AM

Very nice :D

Have added it to the links page with the others: https://mrbcleague.com/cw/

#6 Toadflakz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

Update:
- Enhanced the Leaderboard to allow "Overall" and "Daily" leaderboard view.
- Added images for factions for both Faction Leaderboard and Unit Leaderboard
- Added filtering by Faction.
- Added new feature called Battle Log which breaks down the action based on the start and end period in a human readable fashion. The start and end period for "Overall" view is the first data point available (see the CW API reddit post for specifics) and the current data point at load time. For "Daily" view it's the difference between 5am on the specified day and 5am the next day which is why current day cannot be selected as a viewable target. The Battle Log data (so long as you allow the Elevated Permissions in the browser) can be copied to the Clipboard as pure text for easy pasting to websites/forums - shout if you would like this exposed somehow to use on your own website.

NB: Unit affiliation is imperfect as it's deduced from the planet's values at the time (i.e. defended with help of may be inaccurate due to how PGI handles assigning units to planets per day).

Future Enhancements:
- For the Leaderboard, I'm considering Monthly and Weekly view - based on feedback as to it's usefulness I may include it.
- For the Leaderboard, I'm considering exposing the Battle Log as an (X)HTML formatted document (and clipboard data would thus be an (X)HTML fragment as well then) via either a WCF call or some other webservice API - your feedback on what would be most useful would be appreciated.
- Data tab will shortly have current progress bars (possibly per territory if I can decipher WTH PGI is doing with that array!).
- Data tab will shortly have column filtering (or some alternative to allow faction/contested/unit/"make a request for it" filters).

Edited by Toadflakz, 28 December 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#7 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:55 PM

for the territory array data, see the reddit mate
http://www.reddit.co...s_json_updated/

#8 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

The array is a decimal notaation for an 8 bit binary number of the territories and their status.

E.g. 15 = 00001111, 129 = 10000001

So if the array where to hold 255, 15 then the binary representation is 11111111, 00001111. So the amount of territories attacked = 12 (the number of 1 status bits in the binary numbers).

#9 Toadflakz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Update:
-Fixed an issue related to the fact that date components were serialized as single digits instead of two (i.e. "1" instead of "01". Doh.)

#10 Robin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 337 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:20 AM

At a quick glance looks great, well done.

#11 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:26 AM

View PostShellemech, on 24 December 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

Very nice :D

Have added it to the links page with the others: https://mrbcleague.com/cw/

I really like the graph that shows planets won/lost per faction. Awesome job!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users