Wolf
Smoke Jaguar

#2 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Who woulda guessed clans let you use clan mechs!
/douchemode

#3 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostBurktross, on 24 December 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Who woulda guessed clans let you use clan mechs!
/douchemode

Well considering he called it the 'Inner Circle', don't think he/she is a BT lore person :P.

#4 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 24 December 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Well considering he called it the 'Inner Circle', don't think he/she is a BT lore person :P.

I suppose so.

#5 norus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 222 posts
  • LocationN.A.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

Welcome op, dont let the jerks get you down. It's hard to know everything about lore when you're new. Just enjoy the game yo. Seasonal happiness based upon your religion or lack of religion thereof.

#6 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Just remember the reverse applies. Choosing a Clan faction means you won't be able to use Inner Sphere 'Mechs in CW, only Clan designs.

#7 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostMiyamoto Suzuki, on 24 December 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

So...both Steiner and Free Rasahague factions only allow me to play with inner circle mechs.
Which faction would let me play with a Timberwolf ?

That's Inner Sphere.
Lolz

#8 FullMetalDad

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

I like "Inner Circle" better - sounds more intimate. Plus, the CW map is two-dimensional anyway....

#9 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostMiner, on 24 December 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I like "Inner Circle" better - sounds more intimate. Plus, the CW map is two-dimensional anyway....

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you....

Edited by Bulletsponge0, 24 December 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#10 Tincan Nightmare

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

View Postnorus, on 24 December 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Welcome op, dont let the jerks get you down. It's hard to know everything about lore when you're new. Just enjoy the game yo. Seasonal happiness based upon your religion or lack of religion thereof.

The sad part is that this game does nothing to immerse people in the lore, which is sad. When you pick a faction in CW, its something like 'House Davion, rulers of the Federated Suns', and thats it. I mean at least give a brief synopsis of the history of the Successor State (and of the Star League so you know why its a successor state) and a little background, like how the Draconis Combine are neo-samurai and the Free Worlds League has suffered from long years of infighting etc...

Even in MW4, during the loading screen when the game was installing it gave you a small timeline to read outling things like the founding of the Star League, its collapse and following Succession Wars, and Clan Invasion. Yes it wasn't very in depth, but you got the general idea. Considering how much lore is available to the BT universe, its sad that you don't really see it in MWO. Hell they should have the tech readout page for each mech available to read in the mechlab :ph34r:!

#11 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Lower prices for mechs and weapons that your chosen faction uses frequently would be nice, along with higher prices for mechs which they don't use at all or have limited access to. Like the Catapult beeing a Mech used most frequently by the CapCon/House Liao and the Catapult K version by the DC/House Kurita. Everything that moves the factions away from just beeing "cool avatars".

#12 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:11 AM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 24 December 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

The sad part is that this game does nothing to immerse people in the lore, which is sad. When you pick a faction in CW, its something like 'House Davion, rulers of the Federated Suns', and thats it. I mean at least give a brief synopsis of the history of the Successor State (and of the Star League so you know why its a successor state) and a little background, like how the Draconis Combine are neo-samurai and the Free Worlds League has suffered from long years of infighting etc...

Even in MW4, during the loading screen when the game was installing it gave you a small timeline to read outling things like the founding of the Star League, its collapse and following Succession Wars, and Clan Invasion. Yes it wasn't very in depth, but you got the general idea. Considering how much lore is available to the BT universe, its sad that you don't really see it in MWO. Hell they should have the tech readout page for each mech available to read in the mechlab :ph34r:!

Upon registration there should be lore knowledge test to check if one DESERVES to play MWO. That would surely separate trueborns from freebirths! ;););)

Plus it gives you this unique breaking point:
"I play MWO, now would you date me baby?"

#13 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

Why people laughing at this guy, mostly the point of the forum is (should be?) to help new guys out

#14 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:24 AM

View PostcSand, on 25 December 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

Why people laughing at this guy, mostly the point of the forum is (should be?) to help new guys out

Because they're idiots.

Welcome to the game OP, I hope you stick around it is amazingly fun and rewarding once you climb the initial learning curve!

Just for your info the New Player sub forum is normally brilliantly helpful and a much warmer welcome then the guys in General. If you have any problems pop in there and say hello; no question is too small or silly.

http://mwomercs.com/...ew-player-help/

#15 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostcSand, on 25 December 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

^This. So this.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users