Have People Playing Pugs Drops Given Up?

37 replies to this topic

#1 Pkunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

For the last two or three days there has been a big decrease in cooperation. There has also been a big decrease in raging which is nice though :) But it leads me to think: have the people trying to get a pug team to do something useful given up?

I know I have given up trying to get everyone to push in a coordinated fashion since the people playing seem to be getting worse and worse. The consesus ingame on attacking now actually seems to be that it's best to standoff at the gate - so bring lrms!

I'm playing EU timezone btw..

#2 OldWateley

• Pip
  • Överste
  • Överste
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

When attacking, I am seeing more and more people wanting to get their 80 points for the stocking stuffer event, which requires slugging it out and not going objective at the start. When the event is over, I think the cooperation will return.

#3 xfirestorm

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostPkunk, on 29 December 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

For the last two or three days there has been a big decrease in cooperation. There has also been a big decrease in raging which is nice though :) But it leads me to think: have the people trying to get a pug team to do something useful given up?

I know I have given up trying to get everyone to push in a coordinated fashion since the people playing seem to be getting worse and worse. The consesus ingame on attacking now actually seems to be that it's best to standoff at the gate - so bring lrms!

I'm playing EU timezone btw..

I have had quite some success leading PUGs, but sometimes, they just will not listen.

#4 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

Its the holiday's...I'm going snowboarding :)

#5 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

People in organized units actually do this...? Why...?

Surely that would be masochistic?

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

I did the 75 PUG Queue matches after the majority of the 25 CW matches for the Event.
Then i levelled my unlevelled Mechs to their max skill Level - you cant do that in a reasonable timeframe in CW matches and unmastered Mechs should not enter CW anyway imho.
Then i toyed a tad around and put AMS on most my Mechs but my Mediums who are to weight constrained with their must have Standard Engines (if you want a tiny shadow of a bit of suviveability).
Changed the loadout of my SHD bcs the old one bored me and try to get "results" out of it (The Phoenix SHD - all Phoenix Mechs be at most the 3rd best of a Mech line).
Now i make some money in PUG matches bcs you cant make Money in CW with the waiting times and a majority of Attacking/Countering matches.
And if i take a look at the CW map when i feel i could do a map there is no Planet worth fighting over bcs the Planet is either uncontested or the Battle (the loss of said Planet) is decided.
And the waiting times in General be to often to long.

If i have enough Money i may look into IS Superquirkers and give them a try which means more PUG-Matches for more horrible levelling experiences :P

2016 i may be ready for CW... :D

Edited by Thorqemada, 30 December 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

The last several CW games I have played "so called Clan Wolf warriors" have been as effective as mall security.

Simple tactics were beyond them. They were hunted down outside the walls.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 30 December 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#8 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 30 December 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

The last several CW games I have played "so called Clan Wolf warriors" have been as effective as mall security.

Simple tactics were beyond them. They were hunted down outside the walls.

Join an organized unit...we kill them all attacking...then when we defend...we kill them all too.

#9 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

Given my experience fighting alongside random drop players...I think I'll stick to dropping with the major galaxies and units.

I'm tired to company commanders in PUG games saying "move" only to have no one move.

Hell, at one point, I almost decided to stop playing this game altogether because of the largely ineffectiveness of PUG games...

Edited by Commander A9, 30 December 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#10 Cryonis

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Iv been threatining the people who say behind or do not push by saying Ill shoot them if they don't push. had to shoot own team members to get them to push in two matches (one of which we actually won).

Look I don't like shooting my own team mates but sometimes you need to Dicaplen the troops.

P.S. please forgive the bad gramer and spelling, my spelling is atroucious.

#11 Knightcrawler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

Pugs can be useful if instructed. Besides, who else will you drop with if you have an 11-man drop ready?

Edited by Knightcrawler, 31 December 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#12 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostKnightcrawler, on 31 December 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

Pugs can be useful if instructed. Besides, who else will you drop with if you have an 11-man drop ready?

Add my username to your friends list. If I am available I will be your huckleberry.

#13 NeoGenesis For Answer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostCryonis, on 30 December 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

Iv been threatining the people who say behind or do not push by saying Ill shoot them if they don't push. had to shoot own team members to get them to push in two matches (one of which we actually won).

Look I don't like shooting my own team mates but sometimes you need to Dicaplen the troops.

P.S. please forgive the bad gramer and spelling, my spelling is atroucious.

Lol yeah I was there.

#14 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

I have not given up, the way ahead is WAR but I carry the hope with me. The IS will be redeemed when Clan Wolf's banner flies over Terra.

#15 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

I have tried several pug drops. They are really bad unless it is against another pug. The issues is coordination, motivation and initiative. Pug drops lack all three. I think getting everyone on coms or an in game voice would help, but most Pug drops will still be chaos.

#16 Pkunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

I kinda feels as if most times half the team doesn't even want to listen or simply doesn't understand english. I've had a couple of matches where I ask someone by their name why they don't x or y. But there's simply no response. Some of these are actually in a unit..

#17 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

I can confirm that. Seems like PUGs resist any form of organization.

#18 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostPkunk, on 06 January 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

I kinda feels as if most times half the team doesn't even want to listen or simply doesn't understand english. I've had a couple of matches where I ask someone by their name why they don't x or y. But there's simply no response. Some of these are actually in a unit..

beeing in a unit doesn't say something about anything.

well we have some who run in alone and others who think getting another 50k more cbill in an attack will save the day, when they could do like 2/3 times more in a def, but for def you need the territory in your hand.

Beside that the defenders were 5 if some wouldn't have comitted succide or sticked to the pushes beside of what was on the 2 waves before. This would had been a win. But so it was a defeat. As it stands pack behavior of wolfs is a non existing thing in mwo.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 06 January 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#19 Tarfu503

• Pip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:15 AM

Had a pug drop yesterday against another pug group and right off the bat two players told us this match sucks and dc'd. Another kept talking in chat that we did not appreciate his skills, kept bragging about his K/D ratio and just ran around the drop zone. We got the Omega generator down to a sliver and most likely would have won if the three had helped out. It makes me think these players were IS players using secondary ID's to sabotage our team chances, But I thought of that too late and did not take a screen shot.

#20 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

I had time to do to Wolf PUG drops on some stravag freebirth Steiner planet. I asked for attack but received defend twice. Wolves won the first and lost the second but I did what I could. Got 2 Kills and 400+ damage in both games. Am still learning KitFox,Nova and StormCrow.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 07 January 2015 - 05:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users