19 replies to this topic

#1 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

Im about to buy some MC with my Visa card, but something is holding me back.

Noticed this website aint set as https, which confirms it as a secure website. Which is a garaunteed confirmation that I safely can for example pay for stuff through it.
I have read different thingsabout "white list" payments declined, someone got charged TWICE of what they paid for, payment not going through, hassle with contacting support and certain browsers not compatible with certain payment methods.

Any good advices?

I would like to buy before the 30, since its sale now on MC.

I can tell that I have no problems using my Visa card on Steam for example and Im using Firefox.
I just want to avoid a transaction mess. And no I dont have a Mastercard or such.

#2 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

I have only ever purchased with my Visa Debit card. Never had a problem except the first time I bought it took about 18 hrs for the MC to show up(pretty sure this was a common problem long ago but not anymore as its been well over a year since).

#3 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Ok, I'll give it a shot, hope the holiday season wont speedbump something. Even though Im in norway, it shouldnt be a problem? Also my visa aint an electron, but it dosent say debit either.

It went well. Im usually very careful (a bit paranoid) using electronic payment online, but I got confirmation email and on web site right after clicking buy. My web bank usually updates a few days afterwards, so if anyone having similar doubts. Rest assured :)

Edited by Tordin, 29 December 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#4 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostTordin, on 29 December 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Ok, I'll give it a shot, hope the holiday season wont speedbump something. Even though Im in norway, it shouldnt be a problem? Also my visa aint an electron, but it dosent say debit either.

It went well. Im usually very careful (a bit paranoid) using electronic payment online, but I got confirmation email and on web site right after clicking buy. My web bank usually updates a few days afterwards, so if anyone having similar doubts. Rest assured :)

Trust me, I totally understand the hesitation. I think it took me about 2 years from the time I opened my first account before I even made my first online purchase, and still to this day I wont give any information out over the phone.

Good luck and spend wisely :D

#5 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostTordin, on 29 December 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Im about to buy some MC with my Visa card, but something is holding me back.

Noticed this website aint set as https, which confirms it as a secure website. Which is a garaunteed confirmation that I safely can for example pay for stuff through it.
I have read different thingsabout "white list" payments declined, someone got charged TWICE of what they paid for, payment not going through, hassle with contacting support and certain browsers not compatible with certain payment methods.

Any good advices?

I would like to buy before the 30, since its sale now on MC.

I can tell that I have no problems using my Visa card on Steam for example and Im using Firefox.
I just want to avoid a transaction mess. And no I dont have a Mastercard or such.

Like Basskickers i alwyas paid with visa never had any trouble nor with time or website.

Also worth to notice when you log in and go to MC buy pages they show the Https also it leads to a third party system who may even secure a bit more the transaction, for last intance there is paypal too if ny any chance you also use that payment system.

#6 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the input guys, good to know :)
I never pay over the phone though, always stick to my laptop.

Ill try spending it wisely, got a few mechbays which is a sure investment of what I've heard ;)

#7 H4WK

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

I purchased some MC credits with my visa card on the 24th of December and ive still not received them, ive sent multiple tickets but got nothing but automated responses, given this is a holiday period thats to be expected but ive missed 3 different sales in that period which sucks tremendously.

Edited by H4WK, 04 January 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#8 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostH4WK, on 04 January 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

I purchased some MC credits with my visa card on the 24th of December and ive still not received them, ive sent multiple tickets but got nothing but automated responses, given this is a holiday period thats to be expected but ive missed 3 different sales in that period which sucks tremendously.

I would check with your card issuer to make sure it has cleared or not, i used my Visa on the 2/1/15 the MC were deposited in game less than 1 min after transaction was complete.

#9 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

Brought MC for the second time now. All went well like last time, but no MC. It shows up in my net bank under reserved transactions by that card and all that. I got successful transaction on the mc page after transaction, receipt and everything. Guess its traffic etc.

Edit: Got em, it just takes some time sometimes ;)

Edited by Tordin, 03 February 2015 - 02:21 PM.

#10 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Tried both of my cards, A visa and a Mastercard, neither one work, (I'm told neither card supports this type of purchase.) the Mastercard surprised me because it was always accepted before. Did PGI lose their trusted vendor status?

Edited by Vanguard319, 10 February 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

I wouldn't know if that is the case, but I've gotten charges "held up" until MWO Support "asked" to expedite the transaction somehow on my most recent purchase.

I believe there are actual issues.

I can certainly say that Discover hasn't been working for me for a while to make these transactions (the card is working just find thanks) so I believe there's something squirrelly about the process since the post-IGP change.

Edited by Deathlike, 11 February 2015 - 06:16 PM.

#12 IM Bullwinkle

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

your browser must be broken. I get the https.

#13 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

Shady mcshades going on here guys... Be careful

#14 Thorrock

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustralia / Mackay

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

hey guys, I just tried to pay for the Wave 3 Collection n my prepaid visa card is having issues, its telling me to contact support even that wont let me, not sure what else I can do by post it on here.

#15 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

I'm beginning to think Stripe blacklisted PGI, because when I tried using either of my cards to purchase MC, I get a message stating that my card is not allowed to make that purchase. However, I just purchased a Gladius over on RSI's website using Stripe (the exact same payment method, using the exact same card.) and the purchase was processed and accepted as normal.

So I can't buy $30 of in-game currency for MWO, but a $90 internet spaceship for Star Citizen is perfectly ok as far as my card company is concerned? Perhaps there's a problem with the store's billing system, but if that was the case, you would think PGI would have their webmaster fixing the problem, since it directly affects their ability to collect revenue from sales. Something is seriously wrong here.

#16 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

I'm having the same issue now. Bought MC several times before no problem. Now it says the exact same card can't make that type of transaction? Whut? I even have https/ before the url, so no bug there.

So i ask again, Whut?

#17 DLFReporter

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

Have you tried contacting the support or your card company?

#18 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

Nah. I dunno why they suddenly won't accept my visa but i used the paypal option, it took my card fine. Try that if your card isnt workin normally.

#19 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hey, SSL was cracked by NSA. It is not secure and credit cards are even worse as they contain your entire account information. Get bitcoin or another secure form of money if you are concerned about SSL from a decade ago.

Edited by MechregSurn, 13 March 2015 - 09:42 PM.

#20 Finkledbody

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

I've bought MC 15 times ranging in amounts of $6.95 all the way up to $99.95 over the last 4 months using my visa card and have yet to experience one problem. Nor have I had to wait more than 15 minutes for the MC to be injected and usable. Guess I've been lucky :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users