Cn9-D Cant Pass 288 Armor Why?

19 replies to this topic

#1 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Im trying to get pass 288 armor on my CN9-D but it keep telling me that i dont have it and need to pay MC to get pass it. Also a los of MC for just 1 pt or armor. I even strip the whole mech and change the engine but nothing changes. whats going on here? :S any help would be appreciated. :)

Edited by cybex, 30 December 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#2 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

You shouldn't have to pay any MC, but you do have to technically buy armor with c-bills.

Double check to see if that's the case.

Edited by Napes339, 30 December 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#3 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

View Postcybex, on 30 December 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Im trying to get pass 288 armor on my CN9-D but it keep telling me that i dont have it and need to pay MC to get pass it. Also a los of MC for just 1 pt or armor. I even strip the whole mech and change the engine but nothing changes. whats going on here? :S any help would be appreciated. :)

I don't think it's trying to charge you MC for the Armor - do you mean C-bills?

MC is currency you can use in-game, but which you must purchase with real-life money (or earn small amounts of in various challenges, like the current Stocking Stuffer event).

C-bills are in-game currency you earn just by playing matches.

Whenever you customize a 'mech, it costs C-bills to purchase whatever items (weapons, equipment, armor, modules...) you put on the 'Mech.

#4 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

You aren't losing MC, you are losing C-Bills, and it is due to the fact you have FF armor equipped. You have to pay per point of armor with Ferro Fibrous.

#5 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:44 AM

oohhh!! ok i didnt know that i have to pay per extra pt of armor when on FF armor!! holy crap!!! thanks didnt know. thats bad :X and i think i just read it wrong, it must be c-bills i think :D thanks ill check it out :D

i've seen nothing before about buying extra armor for c-bills lol

#6 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

View Postcybex, on 30 December 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

oohhh!! ok i didnt know that i have to pay per extra pt of armor when on FF armor!! holy crap!!! thanks didnt know. thats bad :X and i think i just read it wrong, it must be c-bills i think :D thanks ill check it out :D

i've seen nothing before about buying extra armor for c-bills lol

Yup. Literally everything you put on your 'Mechs must be purchased, unless you've already got one in your inventory. If you don't want to spend the C-bills, I think you could strip the armor off of another 'Mech, save it, and then use that armor on your Centurion for free.

#7 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

558 c-bill per point of armor!!! crazy :D

View PostDEMAX51, on 30 December 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Yup. Literally everything you put on your 'Mechs must be purchased, unless you've already got one in your inventory. If you don't want to spend the C-bills, I think you could strip the armor off of another 'Mech, save it, and then use that armor on your Centurion for free.

hum, weird, cause i have other 2 CN9's and a SHWK on max armor. the CN9-D its the only one that cant be up armor :X

View Postcybex, on 30 December 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

hum, weird, cause i have other 2 CN9's and a SHWK on max armor. the CN9-D its the only one that cant be up armor :X

well, my CN9-AL its the only one that have FF and up armored, and the CN9-D that cant be upgraded. so must be like a quantity of free FF that can be distributed between mechs then?

#8 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostTriban, on 30 December 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

You aren't losing MC, you are losing C-Bills, and it is due to the fact you have FF armor equipped. You have to pay per point of armor with Ferro Fibrous.

Not specifically Ferro-Fibrous armor, armor in general; whatever you do not already own must be purchased, as we all know.
The old UI showed how much of a specific armor type you owned, this one does not. So it can be difficult to know how much you have at your disposal. :ph34r:

#9 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:57 AM

hum, and where i can see the quantity of armor i have?

#10 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:01 AM

View Postcybex, on 30 December 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

I don't think that's actually possible right now.

#11 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

View Postcybex, on 30 December 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

it seems that i can get 1 mech at full armor and another like at half armor for FF type. I just droped 5 pts or FF armor of my CN9-AL and i was eble to put it on the CN9-D without any problems. Thanks for the help friends. This got a bit of more expensive hahaha!!!!

#12 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

No problem - good luck!

#13 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 30 December 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

No problem - good luck!

thanks! :)

#14 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:16 AM

oh and i forgot to ask if the armor if the armor type is distributed by the same mech type only or all of the mechs? i mean that, if for example if i got 100 pts of armor, these pts are distributed into my 3 mechs of the same chassis? Or these 100 pts are distributed into all the mechs i have, regardless of the mech chassis i have??

Edited by cybex, 30 December 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#15 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

Uhm...the question above is a bit weird.
If you buy armor points you can put them on any mech as long it has the same armor type. But you can also strip unused mechs from armor and use it on another mech.
Also dont forget to strip armor from your mech before selling it.
You cant buy 100 pts armor alone in a "bulk". Just fill up the missing points.

#16 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostPolarphox, on 30 December 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Uhm...the question above is a bit weird.
If you buy armor points you can put them on any mech as long it has the same armor type. But you can also strip unused mechs from armor and use it on another mech.
Also dont forget to strip armor from your mech before selling it.
You cant buy 100 pts armor alone in a "bulk". Just fill up the missing points.

what i mean is if when i buy armor pts on a mech, if that point of armor can be used on any mech i have or if is only usable on the mech chassis for example all my centurions only? or if i have 3 centurions and 3 shadowhawk i can use that point on ether cents or shadows? :) ?

Edited by cybex, 30 December 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#17 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

View Postcybex, on 30 December 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

what i mean is if when i buy armor pts on a mech, if that point of armor can be used on any mech i have or if is only usable on the mech chassis for example all my centurions only? or if i have 3 centurions and 3 shadowhawk i can use that point on ether cents or shadows? :) ?

You should be able to use armor from one 'Mech on any other 'Mech provided they have the same armor type (i.e. FerroFibrous, or Standard Armor). The type of 'Mech doesn't matter (you can strip your armor off of a Jenner and add it to a Atlas if you want), so long as it's the same Armor type.

#18 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

The game does track it that way - so you can strip armor (of either type) off your Jenner to put it on your Centurion (as an example)

So long as they both use the same armor type anyways. :P

#19 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

thanks a lot for the information ;)

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

View Postcybex, on 30 December 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

Ferro armor is more expensive than standard armor, this is because the armor is lighter and more difficult to make.

You're actually better off with Endo Steel if you have a choice between one or the other -- in this game. That is because the Endo Steel structure is far lighter than Ferro-Fibrous armor.

If you were playing Battletech instead of Mechwarrior Online, however, or if repair and rearm ever returns, then Ferro is the better choice because Endo Steel is EXPENSIVE to repair/replace due to the difficulty. (Repairing endo steel structure in BT takes more time and is generally much more difficult. MWO in the past represented this with a much higher repair cost. However, R&R was taken out two years ago. It's been said that once CW's major things are ironed out, they will be re-evaluating repair and rearm and how it could contribute to the game).

Oh -- I might add, you're actually buying 1 ton (or 35 / 36 points) of Ferro per 'purchase.' Sure you can only buy armor in 1 ton intervals, and might use 2 points.. but you bought 35 / 36 points total. Though it looks like you figured that out.

-----------

For comparison:
Battletech: 3049 prices.
80 points of standard armor (5 tons, minimal purchase amount; note 1 ton in BT is 16 points. In MWO it is 32 points) 50,000 cbills (10,000 cbills per ton). (625 cbills per point. In MWO it'd be 312.5 per point due to double armor.)
89 points of ferro armor (4.97 tons, minimal purchase amount) 99,330 cbills (19,986 cbills per ton, rounded).
(1,116 cbills per point. in MWO it'd be 558 per point).

So it's expensive. And yeah, surprisingly accurate.

Edited by Koniving, 30 December 2014 - 03:55 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users