Boycott Cw! Reduce The Clans Weight Or Numbers Please!

Balance Social

330 replies to this topic

#1 Parkensis

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

To follow true lore, the clan should be reduce either in weight drop (less than 240, or augment the IS mechs to 300) or it could be a Drop CW in numbers like 10 clan mech versus 12 IS mechs.

I have been playing CW for weeks now and we can see these battles against the clan mech are not balanced! They are faster, stronger, sturdier and better that any IS mech or group combined and rigthfully so!

But in Battletech (Mechwarrior) lore the clans have ways to respect. Like the Star system of drops, the chalenges, the bids, etc... They were ultimatly vanquished bit their code of honor and disipline and more. Here in this game the players (for most of them) have none of that to follow making this an uneven fight...

So until this is changed, I vote IS side boycotts CW altogether!
For myself I will no longer play CW until this is done proper!

Park.

#2 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

I finished the stocking event and I will join you! Although I admit the main reason is the maps.....

#3 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostParkensis, on 30 December 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

To follow true lore, the clan should be reduce either in weight drop (less than 240, or augment the IS mechs to 300) or it could be a Drop CW in numbers like 10 clan mech versus 12 IS mechs.

I have been playing CW for weeks now and we can see these battles against the clan mech are not balanced! They are faster, stronger, sturdier and better that any IS mech or group combined and rigthfully so!

But in Battletech (Mechwarrior) lore the clans have ways to respect. Like the Star system of drops, the chalenges, the bids, etc... They were ultimatly vanquished bit their code of honor and disipline and more. Here in this game the players (for most of them) have none of that to follow making this an uneven fight...

Park.

WOW ! an incredibly short sighted plan....If PGI is taking metrics of these battles...which they are....it is BETA CW....than every game you lose against clan mechs is one more point that might get a nerf to the clans in CW.

If you stop playing CW, than more people who can beat the clans with IS tech, and there are a lot of them, will win and your goal is less likely to happen.

TLDR: If you want clan nerfs...give evidence to PGI that they are OP by playing and losing games, if you just quit than PGI doesn't get that message in the data.

#4 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

Park.

I'm up for this. But give us lore clan mechs instead of nerfed versions, bing back the Timberwolf where it was before and buff the clan mechs that need the buff.

Last but not least, learn to play and don't use bad builds.

#5 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

another one of the same "clan is op" posters from a the other day, they should just consolidate all of you into one mega thread theres only a handful of you anyway

#6 Demuder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

To follow true lore... lol. You do know that for Clan mechs to follow "true lore" not only Clan weapons would have to be un-nerfed but IS mechs would need to give up the complete customization they enjoy as well. Then 10vs12 would be a pretty good idea.

#7 Zepster

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

It's not that clan mechs are OP it's the numbers. Until they either put clans in stars or nerf the mechs it will never be balanced. Builds are traditional (as they should be) but the sheer number at the current 12v12 is the problem.

#8 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

No.

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

The techs are relatively balanced.

So why would it not be 12v12?

For it to be 10 Clan mechs, you'd need to make them stronger, akin to the quirks given the IS mechs that allow them some serious firepower if built properly. And you'd need to remove the customization IS mechs currently enjoy which would be fun for markedly less people having fun imo.

Again, folks are confusing teamwork with Clan vs IS. We're not not numerically superior to IS....your biggest faction however, does not lie bordered with the clans, which hurts the IS quite a bit.

When you go outside and look up, you'll see the sky is not falling.

Teams that fight in a coordinated manner are beating Clans all over the place. We are simply, largely focused on fighting only the IS, whereas a great deal of IS energy and resources is spent fighting each other. And the border factions are not going on the offensive often (which would allow their IS allies to drop in for your defenses more often) and probably help you out quite a bit.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 30 December 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#10 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

Name another 75 ton or lighter mech that I can put 2ERPPCs, 1AC/10 (120 ammo), 5 jjs, 81kph, 1.28 heat mang. and 403 armor other than the TB.... I might just have to buy it if it exists....

Edited by Strikeshadow, 30 December 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#11 Parkensis

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

Gentlemen, this post is not about nerfing the clan mechs or unnerfing them. Please use another post. The post here is to bring CW to its true nature in the game and bring more strategy than just having clan overpower every IS drop! You wana have fun or you just wana trample everything in site... I have made my choice I'm boycotting this type of game. Please PGI dont nerf the poor clanners! Bring the fun back in the game!

Boycott Boycott Boycott!

#12 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

No thanks.

#13 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostParkensis, on 30 December 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Gentlemen, this post is not about nerfing the clan mechs or unnerfing them. Please use another post. The post here is to bring CW to its true nature in the game and bring more strategy than just having clan overpower every IS drop! You wana have fun or you just wana trample everything in site... I have made my choice I'm boycotting this type of game. Please PGI dont nerf the poor clanners! Bring the fun back in the game!

Boycott Boycott Boycott!

You say that the clan mechs are not balanced ....than say you will not play until it's fixed....sooooo your not calling for a "nerf" to the clans?

That is exactly what your saying though. "PGI please make clan mechs weaker, by design or numbers"

Thats a "nerf", no if's and's or but's

not even a butte hold... :)

#14 Girth Fillmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

If you don't want to play CW, stop playing it. Don't try to rally others to your silly cause.

As mentioned in a previous post, they're continuously collecting metrics to see how the battles are playing out. If it's determined that clans are winning an overwhelming majority of the encounters, you know they'll do something like change the drop deck variables down the road.

Do you actually think that if we stopped playing CW they'd be able to make educated decisions on what needs to be tweaked? They sure won't be relying on whiny forum posts for feedback, I can tell you that much.

#15 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Name another 75 ton or lighter mech that I can put 2ERPPCs, 1AC/10 (120 ammo), 5 jjs, 81kph, 1.28 heat mang. and 403 armor other than the TB.... I might just have to buy it if it exists....

Close as you're gonna get. Now stop whining :P

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...09e4c534d363db8

Edited by Ghost Badger, 30 December 2014 - 12:14 PM.

#16 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

i would support the IS having 300 ton weight limit. it's a much more easier change that takes a few min of code and allows the devs to add things faster than having to change things to accomodate more battlemech selection

#17 Parkensis

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'm talking about strategy here, 4 man lance 12 mech belongs to IS lore, 5-10 to clan. Learn your lore wolf man!

No offense intended.

PS: The clan mech should be unbalanced I'm not debating that... Even more than they are now. But that is another post. Please use that

#18 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

Park, I read your post and it's based on a series of false premises.

The largest reason you see IS factions losing planets is you spend more time fighting each other, than you do Clans. You are rarely on the offensive against Clans, thus we are never forced to defend planets from IS. Since we have less factions to fight, we focus all of our efforts on the planets we can attack and voila. Simple as that.

Who has taken the most planets thus far?

Davion.

If you do not understand how that directly contributes to Clans being able to take planets while the bordering IS factions suffer, then indeed, you should not play CW. It will hold no value for you.

#19 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

Also we have less player population so technically we do have way less mechs and equipment like in the lore. And also CW has only been going for a few weeks. It would take longer than that for the Clans to start experiencing number deficiencies compared to the Inner Sphere.

#20 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 30 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Close as you're gonna get. Now stop whining :P

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...09e4c534d363db8

Nice try, but the TB still out classes that by a ton. Not a bad build for what it is though :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users