#1 Viperion

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

Greetings fellow mechwarriors of FRR

Me and Tordin are looking for a unit to consider its home.

We are from Norway and true FRR loyalist.

I use to run my own unit 1st. Seven Peaks until i got the feeling that i prefer being simply a pilot then a leader, although I do not shy from responsibility.

What we are looking for is a more or less a casual unit with no fear for clanners despite their advantage. We do enjoy to work together as a team. At least have 10+ members in the unit.

We do have either teamspeak or ventrilo however..

I'm hearing impaired. so I'm using hearing device to function somewhat day by day. I can hear in the TS but understanding is a another matter.

So it would be nice to see a Unit who is more or less flexible with communication.

In the past in other games. I had no problem communicating with the team through texted messages or simply put prearranged task which i can follow without being a hassle within the team.

I can't speak for Tordin but I'm sure he post a bit about himself in this thread.

If ye have any question, please post here in the thread or send a pm. or may as well contact me ingame.

Sincerly yours

#2 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

We dont have either teamspeak or ventrilo however..
Fixed :P

You might have seen me post here and there on the forums, trying to keep myself updated on events and such.

I've been a fan of Battletech since MW 4, Mech Commander and Mech Assault. Not been much into the boardgames or books (yet), but I try to scoop up as much of the lore as I can on the way, because I find it very interesting and deep.

Yes as Viperion said, we are loyalists and would sure join a unit thats flexible on communication. We are not exactly into TS or Ventrilo as Viperion said.
If some give orders at beginning in lobby/ pre-drop and gives map markers, we'll follow them as best as we can.

Be it a unit with any time zone mebers isnt a big deal, though its a big plus if its european/ skandinavian, since most of norway lies in the GMT +1 zone.

And yes, if any questions, post it here or in-game.

Cheers! B)

#3 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

View PostViperion, on 03 January 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Me and Tordin are looking for a unit to consider its home.

Iron Serpent

we're a casual unit that has members that have been FRR since the start of closed Beta
timezones fall into mostly NA (with some bad sleeping habits :D) and European (with some Australian mixed in)

we're rather relaxed when it comes to playing this game

we're using raidcall
you could listen in if you want
comms is not necessary, though keep in mind that we also post in raidcall and not just in the game client
TS if we have to ^_^

normally in cases like this where comms isn't a thing we use more the lance chat in-game
also after dropping a certain time with mates you know what to do without talking, when someone is in a pickle n needs some backup

also dropping with guys that you can generally rely on is already quite a step up from solo que

Edited by Peter2k, 04 January 2015 - 05:15 AM.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

Make sure you check out the FRR Hub teamspeak server. Drop in any time and have a look around to see if anybody's online, feel free to drop into a channel and ask questions about their unit, or if you could drop with them.

On FRR Hub you'll find [1RDR] [1stH] [2323] [5thD] and a few others.

Units that have their own servers and aren't always on FRR Hub: [ISEN] [SoR] [IR0N] + any merc units.
It's best to contact those units directly if you're interested in "trying them out" although occasionally they can be found on the Hub as well.

This thread also lists members you can contact for the major FRR units: http://mwomercs.com/...t-registration/

I might suggest looking into [PHL] Phoenix Legion, [BoR] Brotherhood of RANDleSt, or [BVNJ] Blue Vengeance. I believe they are predominantly German speaking, but they at least play at European times. I've had no issues playing with German players, their English is great and they're fun and exciting to play with. =] Some of them, however, might be competitive based. It really depends on how you define "casual." Same goes for [ISEN] and a few other units I haven't been keeping track of. (Isengrim is my own unit, and we're recruiting!)

[Oden] / [-SO-] (Sons of Oden) is a smaller unit, but based in Sweden, so a little closer to home for you. Not sure if they are actually recruiting, though. Worth a shot, anyways.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Tarogato, 04 January 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#5 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for the input guys, we'll see which one suits us the best :)

#6 Troopie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

Heres some EU unit too http://mwomercs.com/...ry-corporation/

#7 Viperion

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

I thank all for those suggestion. I've decided to join the Iron Serpents due what they offer.. is somewhat close to my requirements.

Guess its now Tordin to make his decision :)

Sincerly
Viperion
Citizen of FRR

#8 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

Yes, Viperion. I might as well join the Iron Serpent :) I have been absent for ca 2 weeks due to my laptop deciding to implode into itself. Lost everything. But I finally got it back and I do at this very moment download the MWO install base again. It will take another 11-12 hours.. I have to shut down the Install base progress when it becomes too late. It went totally fine last time, so I dont expect any hiccup. So expect to see me online no later then 2 days. Happy hunting! :) BTW! Why in the widest and tallest arent there a resume/ pause function for the installer? It would make downloading the thing tons more flexible.

Edited by Tordin, 27 January 2015 - 10:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users