#21 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

This has been suggested numerous times since closed BETA and is one of the things PGI says they are working on.

#22 Grendalsh

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Currently, weapons groups have to be set once the first time you launch a new mech, then your groupings are saved to that mech. This applies to trial mechs as well. I have tested and observed this working. It is a nuisance to have to launch into a match to fiddle w groupings, but it will be in the mechlab before the game goes gold.
Regarding setting a weapons group to chain fire, the toggle is Backspace. It is not listed in the key binding, I had to search for a youtube vid on the subject to find the toggle key.

#23 BigDuke66

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Indeed, just saw it, now if I only could fire those weapon groups I mapped on my mouse buttons...

#24 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Count me in as another supporter of this idea.

edit. accidental doubletype

Edited by Chaldon, 11 November 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#25 Wonko the Sane

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationCornwall, England.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

+1

wonko.

#26 Mr Mondragon

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

View PostTeferi, on 29 June 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I agree with Tyrfing, no one is going to go into a battle like it is right now. The weapon grouping feels off not something a mechwarrior wound use. I like how the weapon grouping setup in MW3 worked and the ways I could setup to get the info I need for a battle.
I also think testing mech before a battle start (like a firing rang) wound be good as well.

Weapon grouping and Firing Range (with visual indicators for the ammount of dammage dealt to a target)!!!!!!

#27 Devileyes

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

If it hasn't been fixed yet , weapon groupping should be fixed from the mech lab , as it was in MW4 .... Atm I'm not playing MWO simply because I have to reset the weapons each match ... too much wasted time .

#28 Max Payn

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBonn

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

You see a lot of players testfiering their weapons / groups during the fist 30secs of a game.
Weapon grouping should me in the top 10 "To Do List". Not only that the current "how and where to group your weapons" isn´t the best but in game I´m always guessing which group is active. And because of that I´ve shutdown due to overheating a lot of times in the worst possibel moment.

#29 Tex Arcana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStark Industries: Sector 16.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I completely agree with the OP's request.
+1
Folks should keep this (including the need to fix Chain Fire) at or near the top of the Forum until we see resolution.
As a new player (Old campaigner; but new to this rendition of the story) I find it extremely frustrating to have to sort out weapon grouping at the start of a battle.
ESPECIALLY as it adds to the learning curve: I have pre-knowledge of the basic mechanics and it bothers me; but how must it feel for someone who is entering the Inner Sphere for the first time?
I had always treated weapon grouping as part of the design phase in MW3 and onward: And the use of chain fire as an important tool in effectively managing your Mech on the Battlefield>
The inability to pre-set both of these functions before entering combat is an important fix.
'Nuff said.

#30 Galerius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

;) The MechLab interface sorely needs improvement:
  • We ought to be able to Build, Assign Firing and even Triage our Mechs within the Mech Lab, which is in obvious need of reinventing for Ergonomics and ease of use. The way things are setup, it is too expensive to change our minds. 'Try before you buy' is the way to go.
  • There ought to be a way to save Mech Configurations in memory, to reassign without having to repeat the whole stripping and reinventing the Mech each time we make changes. The Triage area would allow for testing Firing sequences, Speed, maneuverability, and even perhaps a shooting gallery and a practice run with targets. Climate controls to check the Mechs response to heat, etc.
  • If the player has to pay In-Game currency as part of the dynamics of the gaming environment, such gaming environment ought to be free of inefficiencies that waste the player's resources through glitches and inadequate interface constructs. The MechLab as it is is in sore need of attention. Now that my investment on my gaming involves effort earned resources (C-Bills) and the result of my money purchases, I won't stand by and see those resources diminished by errors in the development of the interface.
  • Auto stripping button is missing and more responsive ARMOR distribution interface on the MechLab are needed. Those arrows are annoyingly finicky.
  • I wanna have fun, you want my fun-time money. Help US help You!
I might be wrong, but that is how I see it. Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Galerius, 27 December 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#31 KOS762

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

I have played every mech warrior game there was.... This is the first time we cannot group our weapons in mech lab. I dont like firing all my weapons at once... and why would it assume missiles and laser should be grouped by default anyhow. This is not a programming error. It just NOT programming. You didnt do it. I dont know what kind of mech warrior would be ok with this situation... but you dont stand a chance against the REAL mech warriors.

Oh and a suggestion on the HUD.... All yellow is not only a bad choice in color.. considering the sky and what not.... but you cant hardly read anything or see it... it needs a tranparent back drop... or a better color ..like Bright computer green or Red... not yellow.

also where is previous target button, Target in reticle button, and target closest enemy, next weapons group, previous weapons group shall i go on?

You know, You all only made about 20 of these mech games...Targeting is EVERYTHING!!!! Weapons grouping is Everything too!

Anyhow, you should think about putting the weapons grouping in the mech lab like it belongs.. and if there is any other doubts...listen to your players.

KOS "Kill on Sight" .....Out!

#32 Poor Choices

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

I would like to add one suggestion to the targeting reticle color scheme: make the arm reticle (the little o) a different color than the torso reticle. Many a time I thought I was aiming at my target only to find out that my arm weapons were pointing somewhere else.

#33 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

UI 2.0

they will be reworking the mech lab adding in this idea along with many more "soon".

#34 Vest Skytter

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

It would be great to not just have a weapon grouping possibility in the mech lab, but also a trial run zone to test out movement and key configurations before a real match. Let me run it around a training grounds or the repair shop a few laps to make sure my buttons are working correctly. It takes a long time to get your own personal keybinds that work for you, having to go into a match each time to test them wastes time and is unfair to the other warriors on your team.

#35 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationReading, Pennsylvania

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

I've been banging on about setting weapon groups in the mech lab now for... god help us all -- months!

I really understand difficulties involved in GUI programming and all, but come ONNNNN!! I don't even see how this failed to make it into the Alpha Build.

Each and every Mechwarrior game in living memory for the PC has allowed you group weapons and set firing modes in the mechlab.

With the big update that is planned soon, there's only one thing I want... I would love a Dev message that says in so many words, "Yes! We know already -- we're doing it, it's going to be fixed, now just let us alone about it! Grouping, Firing Modes and all will be taken care of!"

#36 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostThe Government, on 04 March 2013 - 04:25 AM, said:

I don't even see how this failed to make it into the Alpha Build.

this statement gets made about almost every feature that someone thinks needs to be in the game (regardless of the validity of adding said feature). there is a good solid chance no one ever thought about it until the community started ranting. i don't recall this feature being in any other mechwarrior game i have ever played.

design a game yourself sometime. even a simple 2D sidescroller has enough features to liquify the brain of any single normal person.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users