399 replies to this topic

#1 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

Taking a contract with the Clans was a terrible idea. The total non-canonicity of it is being punished by a terror filled reign of Thunderbolts equipped with ERPPC's. Everywhere. Gone are the days of hope for CW, gone is the fun. Now, we just have these ERPPC wielding maniacs running around, spotting for missile barrages while calling in artillery support. I lovingly pet my Daishi and tell it not to cry as we come in hot for the assault drop. It'll be over soon, too soon.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

really another 9s bashing post? You can't do one of the 5 in general?. Heck its nothing as bad crow and timber land.

#3 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Hey Davoke, would you like some cheese with your WHINE?!

Seriously, what is it with people playing MWO? Always something to complain about.

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 06 January 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

really another 9s bashing post? You can't do one of the 5 in general?. Heck its nothing as bad crow and timber land.

I've found it to be a bit worse. A tad better than the 4 PPC stalker era, but just barely.

Better than poptarting? Yes.

Edited by Mcgral18, 06 January 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#5 Martis Gradivus

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBusy taking DC planets

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 06 January 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Why? You guys drop with 8+ every match.....I figure we need an equivalent # of posts

As for Timber Wolf and Storm Crow? TDR is better. At all ranges.

#6 Smoked Brisket

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

.....so ....anyone who plays this game actually enjoy it? Cause I hear allot of crying about a game....just sayin but I though this was for fun?.....am I wrong?

#7 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

Please do cry some more that my slow, barn door sized heavy, that's almost as big as an assault, can actually fire 20 damage strikes at you from an acceptable range.

Posted Image

#8 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

Easy to defeat, a little teamwork goes a long way.

Don't know what all the crying is about.

#9 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 January 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

Easy to defeat, a little teamwork goes a long way.

Don't know what all the crying is about.

They spent upwards of 360 dollars on clan robots, and now the IS has the brass balls to field a grand total of one mech that can match their range.

#10 Martis Gradivus

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBusy taking DC planets

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

If they were that easy to defeat, LORDS and 228 wouldn't field 8+ at a time, they'd take something better.

But hey, Vassago, you'll never admit to anything as being OP for IS vs Clans, so expecting you to actually be fair and honest would be asking too much.

#11 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

Thunderbolt is broken. There is no Clan or IS mech that can out shoot it at the moment, at any range. Clantech's only redeeming quality in this game was range. Now that's been taken away from us, we get steamrolled every match by your meta cheese while you sit on your thunderous thrones looking smug. Now Ghost Bear's gone extinct, I couldn't even play a cw match if I wanted. Nobody wants to play against the thunderbolt because the programmers didn't bother to calibrate this quirk system properly.

The great thundernerf shall arrive sooner or later, so enjoy your empty victories while they last.

As for myself, I'm not taking a single step back into cw until they fix how horribly unbalanced it's become.

#12 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

View PostRepasy, on 06 January 2015 - 09:08 PM, said:

Thunderbolt is broken. There is no Clan or IS mech that can out shoot it at the moment, at any range. Clantech's only redeeming quality in this game was range. Now that's been taken away from us, we get steamrolled every match by your meta cheese while you sit on your thunderous thrones looking smug. Now Ghost Bear's gone extinct, I couldn't even play a cw match if I wanted. Nobody wants to play against the thunderbolt because the programmers didn't bother to calibrate this quirk system properly.

The great thundernerf shall arrive sooner or later, so enjoy your empty victories while they last.

As for myself, I'm not taking a single step back into cw until they fix how horribly unbalanced it's become.

That's too bad.

Maybe if clans weren't so horribly broken, the IS wouldn't need 50% buffs to fight back?

#13 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

This is a silly thread! If the thunda is over powered, why not counter with the OP timby or crow? Mechs are fine for now, what we need are some more maps and maybe an intuitive interface.

#14 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

9S is old news. There is a new hotness afoot.

#15 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

View PostMartis Gradivus, on 06 January 2015 - 09:07 PM, said:

If they were that easy to defeat, LORDS and 228 wouldn't field 8+ at a time, they'd take something better.

But hey, Vassago, you'll never admit to anything as being OP for IS vs Clans, so expecting you to actually be fair and honest would be asking too much.

The reason Lords field 8+ at a time is because YOU haven't figured out how to defeat it. That drop deck is virtually unseen in IS vs IS combat, and the Clans are supposed to be OP.

So what's that tell you?

View PostRepasy, on 06 January 2015 - 09:08 PM, said:

Lolwut?
See above reply.

#16 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

I just bought a Thunderbolt 9S, equipped it with heatsinks and 3 ER PPC's... We clansmen do not have anything that comes even close to this. 30 fire and forget pin point Alpha Strike? We need a Gauss Rifle for that.

And do not mention the ER Large Lasers. To get 11 damage from one of those you need to keep it pointed at that location for 1.5 seconds.

These things need a tweak indeed.

#17 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostVincent V., on 06 January 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

I just bought a Thunderbolt 9S, equipped it with heatsinks and 3 ER PPC's... We clansmen do not have anything that comes even close to this. 30 fire and forget pin point Alpha Strike? We need a Gauss Rifle for that.

And do not mention the ER Large Lasers. To get 11 damage from one of those you need to keep it pointed at that location for 1.5 seconds.

These things need a tweak indeed.

Except you totally do. Even your 1 ton medium lasers have 810 meters range.

I never knew the clan babby scrubs were this bad.

#18 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 January 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

That's too bad.

Maybe if clans weren't so horribly broken, the IS wouldn't need 50% buffs to fight back?

You're smoking something funny dude. Only reason clans stomped earlier was because we had way more dedicated players than you guys. ANOTHER ISSUE ENTIRELY, ffs. You guys were pushing us back briefly when Ghost Bear's largest unit decided to switch to another faction for a week.

ffs ffs FFS, everybody is so blind to how unbalanced player spread is atm. They blame the clan's flurry of wins due to superior tech, and use that as justification for godperking the tbolt.

I don't expect any honest feedback from any of you l33t-unit scum. U think we got **** for brains??? There's a reason all of you have a t-bonr!!!

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 January 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

The reason Lords field 8+ at a time is because YOU haven't figured out how to defeat it. That drop deck is virtually unseen in IS vs IS combat, and the Clans are supposed to be OP.

So what's that tell you?

lolwut? It tells me that clans aren't OP, and IS doesn't use it against itself because only tryhards are jerk enough to use such an obvious exploit. And they only wanna fight clans so they can **** on our faces.

Edited by Repasy, 06 January 2015 - 09:37 PM.

#19 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

Next time try running against 12 Stormcrows/MadCats all the damn time. Then you can complain against us IS players having a couple of good chassis.

#20 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 06 January 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Next time try running against 12 Stormcrows/MadCats all the damn time. Then you can complain against us IS players having a couple of good chassis.

B-b-but they're not OP! The clans only win so much because of their superior pilots!

Who apparently can't overcome the blunderbolt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users