Pgi. Stop The Bleeding Or Cw May Never Recover.

417 replies to this topic

#41 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostHeffay, on 08 January 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

Expansions always have a beta period. When Solaris is released, it too will have a beta period. Every online game that has expansions goes through this.

Trust me understand this, and regardless of a turn that I thought would never happen with PGI, I am tired of the beta excuse with this game. The clans were released with out a beta tag and essentially that was an expansion....

#42 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

View PostZeece, on 08 January 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

3 years you say? IGP NEVER let them even consider an implementation of CW... they saw no money in it at all.... All we ever saw was a market plan that was smoke and mirror to 'appease' us.

CW didn't get any design or coding time until post Clan mechs... so everything we see.. none of it is older than 6 months... based on what we got from Russ and Paul.. most of it is less than a couple months old because they changed alot of it in late october and beginning on November...

Before you ***** you should educate yourself so you can do it properly.

I could buy into this line of thinking.....But... then I look at the Announcement of Trannyverse and I have to ask myself, WTH! Somehow I don't believe PGI could of picked a worse time to make such a move when MWO was in such a mess and lacking so much. What do I know... I am just a consumer waiting for a game that I have invested time and money to help support it.

Edited by Mr Beefy, 08 January 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#43 TiguriusX

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostMimic666, on 08 January 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

Queues for CW, 0 ATT/ 0 DEF..... prime euro time.

Did you read latest announcement?

Will modify ceasefire so therr are approx. 3 per day every 8ish hours

This should improve the incentive to play during euro prime time

#44 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostTiguriusX, on 08 January 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Did you read latest announcement?

Will modify ceasefire so therr are approx. 3 per day every 8ish hours

This should improve the incentive to play during euro prime time

:lol:

https://www.youtube....e&v=uFS9kUxIIM8

Edited by Mr Beefy, 08 January 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#45 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostTKSax, on 08 January 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Do we have any conformation that PGI will be involved besides Phil? I mean just like when NGNG did the clan vs is drops that was really just for NGNG info, I am sure data was shared with PGI proper but Phil said they were not able to any formal data collecting, Just cause NGNG is involved does not mean PGI is involved. (Yes I know Phil and Daeron are working for PGI)

Really you think everything will be fixed by the few fixes mentioned in the recent post... LOL

Im personally sure PGI put NGNG upto this, i doubt Russ wants to face the community right now, did he even leave options for feedback on his Update posts?
I read his posts, some bandaids again, nothing in that post inspires me to want to play CW.

Edited by N0MAD, 08 January 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#46 Saiphas Cain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:27 AM

Perhaps if I played 20 drops a night I'd have stronger opinions on this but coding, balance, and implementation take time. I'm not even ashamed I have no criticism at the moment of PGI's progress on CW. It's not perfect but I'm liking it much more than pugqueue drops.

#47 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostDarth Mech, on 07 January 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

No, generally, Betas have people clamoring to join.

QED.

Not always.
I was in a Beta recently that died off, when it did, there were a lot of gamers who said, "This game existed? I never knew."

#48 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

CW is a beta? Not really , it is a bolt on. IT uses all the functionality of the game that already exists and only adds 2 maps.

CW was from day one supposed to be in the game , it was for many what the game was about. It has been poorly implemented considering how long they have had to 'think' about it.

The strangest thing about this game was that during beta the balance was damn near perfect (according to the players) , except someone at PGI had other ideas and messed everything up... Since then they have never even got close! But then that'sPGI all over really....

Edited by ztac, 08 January 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#49 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 08 January 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

1 of those years was spent recovering from near-bankruptcy from trying to make MW5
the other year was spent on doing everything IGP wants to happen and water down the game.
the last year is buying out IGP and recovery...

What if i told you that originally the 4 mech bay dropship hot drop idea was canceled because of IGP and the leopard dropship was made ever since 2013 early?

IGP practically kept wanting to push CW behind as it didn't seem like a good way to make money while the game was already playable as is. IGP was the ones that canceled the dropship idea and removed core ideas of CW.

I mean if you were practically banned by your publisher from working on CW for the most part then I do not know how fast you think PGI could make it.

I think it's cute that people think PGI paid a lot to buy IGP out. :ph34r:

#50 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 January 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

[Redacted]

Egomane used to be a mod. :rolleyes:

Edited by John Wolf, 08 January 2015 - 05:02 PM.
Moderated Quote

#51 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

I am at St. Johns right now trying to help the wolfs defend.... no one is in CW right now... and been a ghost town today! Last night wasn't much better on the Jag front... we lost a planet and we failed to take a planet.

Edited by Mr Beefy, 08 January 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#52 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 08 January 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

The player base has dropped drastically over the last year.

No, it hasn't.

Quit trying to incite panic in PGI thinking it's the only way to make progress. They know the player numbers better than any of us do.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 08 January 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#53 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 08 January 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

No, it hasn't.

Quit trying to incite panic in PGI thinking it's the only way to make progress. They know the player numbers better than any of us do.

That's because they removed the player counter. :ph34r:

#54 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

If there are not enough players for CW to operate successfully, the easiest way for PGI to increase those numbers is to increase C-Bill payouts for CW.

If there are enough players in CW, but they aren't distributed ideally, the easiest way for PGI to spread the players out would be to impose Queue caps (set the maximum attackers and defenders for any given planet to 24 or 36).

If there aren't enough players in MWO, That gets tricky. There are dozens of ideas out there to draw more players in, and each of those ideas would likely help to some degree. The trick is identifying ideas that bring people in quickly, are easy to implement, and that don't actually harm the game in the long term. I'd probably attack the "pay to win" perception, since that's one thing that will turn new players off extremely quickly.

#55 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

Isn't it funny how the very first time someone lets down their guard and starts throwing around the bigoted and racists comments, they get caught? Very first time, every single time. Uncanny how that happens. Such a pure and pristine life up to that point, and then BOOM! Seriously, you can't let your guard down for a second!

#56 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 January 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

They had 3 years.

Indeed. Good thing that Network infrastructures and Game Code and Databases are all made by magic, otherwise we would be still driving purple boxes. ;)

#57 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 January 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

Heffay is a very famous forum troll, who'll go to great lengths in defense of PGI's honor.

He has a custom title, a 500 dollar devoted goldmech badge, and a gold founders badge, man. Just ignore him. There's no saving that man.

And there are those on the "flip side" of that very same coin. There's no saving them either.

View PostRG Notch, on 08 January 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

That's because they removed the player counter. :ph34r:

Dude, didn't you hear the good news. There is now a Ferry off that "Island" every 45 minutes now. It's about time you boarded eh? ;)

#58 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 08 January 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

Dude, didn't you hear the good news. There is now a Ferry off that "Island" every 45 minutes now. It's about time you boarded eh? ;)

Posted Image

#59 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 07 January 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

The beta is bleeding? Don't they all?

This is what BETA is for....find the holes and cauterize them.

I'm pretty sure we DON'T want knee jerk reactions at this point. It hasn't even been 30 days. In my opinion 3 - 4 weeks of testing is in order before we even start to make big changes.

Wish people would get off the "This is beta" kick because the game hasn't been beta for a long, long time now. Seriously don't understand the brainwashing we have allowed the game industry to pull over on us. Honestly I think it is because we are all so starved for a good game to play that were willing to be used and abused to just have access to it.

That being the case, lets just call a spade a spade. CW is just an unfinished product implemented in a half arse manner because we the consumers allow the gaming industry to do so. This is fine, we have walked into it with eyes wide open and continue to play and give them our money but the, "Its beta excuse" is thin and kind of insults our intelligence.

#60 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 08 January 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Wish people would get off the "This is beta" kick because the game hasn't been beta for a long, long time now.

Because new components to a game can be very easily called beta even after the product has been released. Every expansion WoW releases has a beta period, yet that game has been "released" for a decade. This is no different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users