414 replies to this topic

#401 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 18 February 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

50/50 in MS drops? GO HOME HARDKOR YOURE DRUNK!

That was with The Brethren. It's 90% wins with MS, if you don't count the turrets, 98% if you do.

#402 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

Turret defense, best defense :P

#403 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 January 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

Even on my team I don't pull 2000 damage and I agree with this. When I have a bad game I look in the mirror and address the problem. I don't blame anything else.

/agreed

I'm glad we have a game mode that takes match maker out of the equation and lets the people fight the people and see where we stand. My CW experience has reinforced my notion that I am indeed a slightly below average player; I need/want to know this. I'll keep going back and I enjoy the progression of improvement. But if it ever gets too frustrating or not-fun, I can zone out in some MM pub drops and relax. win/win.

We have the best of both worlds IMO and I wish more players could appreciate that, rather than expecting CW to be the same game mode we've always had, just with new maps. I see CW as a real-time leaderboard for Units, it's a great feature for a game like this.

#404 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostMott, on 18 February 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

Now I have a question.

Has VOIP corrected the idiocy, sorry, bad luck of PUGs in CW?

Or are they still losing and whining?

Well let's see. Less than 24 hours in, so... (doh) It does seem though that "idiotic" things, and questions, are very hard to correct indeed. (doh) ;)

#405 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

As expected Voip has not fixed anything. However, overtime it may finally get some players to be social, learn from others, and rally to leadership. We shall see.

#406 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 18 February 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

As expected Voip has not fixed anything. However, overtime it may finally get some players to be social, learn from others, and rally to leadership. We shall see.

Ax, it has been one day and I bet half of them don't even know they have it or how to use it yet. I bet most just think their mech now randomly talks to them.

"What was that hunchie, go to B5...nah I better stay here..."

#407 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostVon Blumen, on 18 February 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Ax, it has been one day and I bet half of them don't even know they have it or how to use it yet. I bet most just think their mech now randomly talks to them.

"What was that hunchie, go to B5...nah I better stay here..."

Bitchin Betty suddenly started sounding like my drunk Uncle?!? PGI FIX!

#408 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 18 February 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

Burpin-Bobby!

#409 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 18 February 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

We here at PGI know you are upset that Bitchin' Betty now sounds like Burping Bobby, so we are quirking her...she is now Slurring Sally. Who can forget such wonderful in game compliments as:

"Did you just unload streaks in my back, noob?"
"We lost because you all suck!"
"Leeeeeerrrrooooooyyyyyy"
"Hey, this map is like Mordor, am I right?"
"Good job, ********"

And many more...I for one am so excited for this....

Edited by Von Blumen, 18 February 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#410 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 18 February 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Well let's see. Less than 24 hours in, so... (doh) It does seem though that "idiotic" things, and questions, are very hard to correct indeed. (doh) ;)

Yeah, not really a change that takes time to have an impact. Either pugs communicate and coordinate... or they don't. It's an immediate determination, with an immediate impact on the game.

So, i'll take your useless comment for what it is... a useless comment.

#411 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostMott, on 18 February 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yeah, not really a change that takes time to have an impact. Either pugs communicate and coordinate... or they don't. It's an immediate determination, with an immediate impact on the game.

So, i'll take your useless comment for what it is... a useless comment.

Whatever dude. If you really think that in less that 24 hours VOIP would change the face of MWO, your S^&*(%^&r than you look.

Edited by Almond Brown, 19 February 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#412 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 19 February 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Whatever dude. If you really think that in less that 24 hours VOIP would change the face of MWO, your S^&*(%^&r than you look.

Ah, how cute. Another useless comment that does nothing but carry another insult. Is your life difficult? It seems difficult.

VOIP wasn't to "change the face of MWO". It was to save idiotic puggers from themselves, in CW. Nobody cares if pugs don't communicate or coordinate in the solo Q, they're really only hurting themselves there and that's fine. We were all good with that for 3 years.

But the big horrible imbalance that (allegedly) ruined CW for so many Rambos was that they couldn't communicate and coordinate (easily, because we all know there WERE open TS channels they could have used if they actually believed that was the problem) and it was so unfair that they be facing opponents who could.

So have the losses to 12 mans stopped? Are the truly talented and prepared teams any less effective because their opponents can now speak to each other? Have the top units stopped dominating?

We would have seen immediate changes if VOIP was the pug savior so many spouted it would be. We're not talking about some obscure setting that players must search out in their user configs to alter. We're talking about a huge in-game element, that is automatically set to active that they can't possibly miss.

24 hrs? Pfft, perfectly justifiable to expect results and opinions on the matter within 1 single hour for a change like this.

#413 girl on fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostMott, on 19 February 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Ah, how cute. Another useless comment that does nothing but carry another insult. Is your life difficult? It seems difficult.

It gives me the warm fuzzies when someone prefaces their post with something so asininely hypocritical you wonder if you read it right the first time. then you realize you did and you know hilarity is about to ensue.

*que anger fueled post whose entire premise is a sweeping generalization punctuated by thinly veiled passive aggressive comments typically reserved for children below the age of 14*

Well, you sure didn't disappoint.

Edited by girl on fire, 19 February 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#414 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

View Postgirl on fire, on 19 February 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Well, you sure didn't disappoint.

Phew, I'd have been irredeemably emotionally crippled if I had.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users