414 replies to this topic

#1 Weztside

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Why is it possible for a group of random pugs not on comms to be put up against a ten or twelve man team on comms? I mean, all is fair in love and war, I get that. THIS IS A GAME. The goal is for everyone to have fun. How are totally uneven matches fun for anyone?

#2 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Because that's what makes the wheels go round.

#3 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

It's fair because nobody is forcing 12 random pugs to play the game that way. It's the pugs' choice, so it's "fair".

#4 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostMott, on 09 January 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

It's fair because nobody is forcing 12 random pugs to play the game that way. It's the pugs' choice, so it's "fair".

That's some over-entitled BS right there, I'll give you that.

#5 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

It's fair because 12 mans like to have easy wins right! It's fair because CW is for groups! It's fair because people say so! It's fair because it's Beta!

I disagree with all of the above ...... But then I stopped playing CW some time ago. (maybe not for the reasons above , but there are several reasons).

#6 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostRhaythe, on 09 January 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

A statement of fact is not entitlement.

Nobody is forcing pugs to drop in CW in the manner they all complain about. Full stop.

I'd like to see you prove differently.

#7 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostRhaythe, on 09 January 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Lolwut?

There are actually dozens of VoIP options available, for free, and accommodating to any play style.

The fact that y'all choose to go it alone is on you, nobody else. Not PGI, not the OP4, just you.

#8 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

With the "old gamemodes" still being a seperate part of the game the population is not big enough to support both a solo and group queue in community warfare.

You should prepare for a lot of dumb responses to your question because rolling pugs 24/7 is totally hardcore and organised teamplay blahblahblah. Theres a lot of people in this game that are so bad that their only chance at a glimpse of success is being in a 12 man that is matched against a bunch of solos in trial mechs.

#9 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

Because it's called COMMUNITY WARFARE and not solo que or group que warrior ONLY Warfare. Everyone knows that going into CW is that it's a game mode where its MEANT to be the big boy/girl league. If ANYONE solo or group players can't handle it, sorry to say it because it gets said a lot... But go back to the normal ques where you don't have to worry about it.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 09 January 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#10 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostBudor, on 09 January 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

With the "old gamemodes" still being a seperate part of the game the population is not big enough to support both a solo and group queue in community warfare.

You should prepare for a lot of dumb responses to your question because rolling pugs 24/7 is totally hardcore and organised teamplay blahblahblah. Theres a lot of people in this game that are so bad that their only chance at a glimpse of success is being in a 12 man that is matched against a bunch of solos in trial mechs.

le sigh

Yes, only soloists are good players. We've heard it all before. We bow to yo*yawn*ur superior gaming abilities.

Edited by Mott, 09 January 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#11 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Adversity makes someone a better player, the problem is bad players want everything given to them and want an easy game they can do well with no work put in.

#12 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 January 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

The fact that y'all choose to go it alone is on you, nobody else. Not PGI, not the OP4, just you.

Actually, it is on PGI. This game client does a shiet job of communicating anything to the new player about the importance - neigh necessity - of dropping in groups. You are correct. Dropping in CW on your own is asking for trouble. But the game does all of naught to teach anyone that doesn't make a regular habit of checking the forums otherwise. And considering this game's retention rate, it's *everyone's* problem - or else soon there will be no influx of new players left to get gud.

#13 TiguriusX

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Why is it fair that people who know how to aim and shoot things can kill you faster than your spray and pray style?

MWO is a zero sum game. There are winners and there are losers.

Somebody ALWAYS has to lose.

The question you need to ask yourself is...what are you doing to change things so that you don't lose again next game.

#14 Priest4357

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

Personally I think it should stay that way. I've played CW with groups, and without. I'm quite happy not playing again. Thereby my choice removes this problem for me, and there is one less solo player to deal with in CW.

At the same time for those playing CW that are slowly going to run out of PUG groups, I suspect the fun fill dwindle, and the smart a## comments will become pleading whine about how there aren't enough players in CW over time.

Not everyone playing CW has the, "join a group or your Sheet" attitude, but enough do that I frankly don't miss playing at all.

Still, I hope that PGI finds a nice middle ground, and brings back the players that have quit.

#15 TiguriusX

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Before you go I would LOVE to hear what you think "community warfare" means and should provide

#16 volon12

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

well for one it does not say unity warfare nor does it say solo warfare. it says Community warfare. i dont know about you but that means the whole community not one part over the other, either way.

#17 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

View Postvolon12, on 09 January 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

well for one it does not say unity warfare nor does it say solo warfare. it says Community warfare. i dont know about you but that means the whole community not one part over the other, either way.

Semantics post is semantic

#18 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

Soloists are not part of a community by their very definition.

#19 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

Why is it possible for a group of random pugs not on comms to be put up against a ten or twelve man team on comms? I mean, all is fair in love and war, I get that. THIS IS A GAME. The goal is for everyone to have fun. How are totally uneven matches fun for anyone?

Because this isn't the public queue. And CW currently only has a 12man-focused battle system, which means currently, PUGs are hamburger tossed to the ravenous *ahem* wolves in units.

The results you see in CW are why solo and group queues are split elsewhere.

#20 volon12

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

View Postwanderer, on 09 January 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

Because this isn't the public queue. And CW currently only has a 12man-focused battle system, which means currently, PUGs are hamburger tossed to the ravenous *ahem* wolves in units.

The results you see in CW are why solo and group queues are split elsewhere.

i played cw up until this week solo and did not get thrown into a meat grinder except when small groups decided there was no way to ever beat a 12man. the results i see in cw is from bad attitude and quitters. seen that from pug and units.

whats hurting this community warfare is not one side or another but this division of pugs against groups. If it continues the que for cw will get smaller and smaller and smaller.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users