• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostHavyek, on 05 February 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Irrelevant. PGI can make them with 30 PPCs and a LRM 120 with MG Gauss if they want. Just something that hits really hard and makes it difficult/impossible to sit outside the camp area waiting for targets to wander out one by one.

Irrelevant. Ambushes are a very common part of combat. complaining cause it happens to your team is just lame. Ask for way YOU can defend yourself instead of wanting things to just go away.

#282 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostMystere, on 05 February 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Well, since you put it that way ...

The team was pushed back to their landing zone in a stand up fight. Now they have to suffer the consequences of their failure: surrender or die.

PGI, I think it's time CW was given a surrender mechanic.

Exactly.

And I love the idea of chaff and smoke. Wish I had thought of that. That would be awesome.

#283 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

There's only one huge problem with the chaff/smoke/flares idea (added in flares, because you might as well go all the way, right?).

Think of the framerates when the Dropship comes in looking like this:

^ just imagine smoke canisters and giant clouds of metallic confetti popping out at roughly the same frequency.
It would definitely be one way to stop spawn camping because the campers wouldn't be able to play at 1 frame per minute.

Edited by Dino Might, 05 February 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#284 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:29 AM

it looks like it grows angel's wings! That's a cool effect!

#285 Oppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:05 AM

From a lore point of view, hot Drops aren't usually performed on a by-mech basis. So, why not drop all the players who died in a certain time frame (30 to 60 seconds ?) simultaneously ? Maybe let the dead players choose to wait for the next drop to be in a larger group (not infinitely long, as that could be exploited in counterattack, where you need most kills). That way they wouldn't come in one by one, making it harder for them to be focused down immediately.

#286 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostEightBitKnight, on 13 January 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Soo i'm this has been posted about before but something needs to be done about spawn camping. whats the point of playing if they just charge the drop zone and kill you before you drop again. I'll grant that you shouldn't let that happen but killing the first wave and rushing the spawn? poor form and a s*** time. defenders should die for leaving their zone similar to leaving the battlefield. I don't mind losing to a premade you can learn something, I understand an end game rush, but killing wave one and rushing the spawn should not be allowed as a tactic. I will stop playing CW if continues to be, after all i'm not really playing at that point now I'm I?

edit: this topic has moved well beyond this first post please take sometime and read the comments below, many issues have been raised and talked about already as well as points/opinions being clarified/more filled out, Thank you.

I have had my guys ask to spawn camp around wave 2-3 or so into some matches, but I hold off until the last wave for cautionary sake if we are wiping them up that badly. (Had some matches where end of wave 2 is 24-1 or 24-2)

#287 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:43 AM

The solution from spawn camping is an EXIT button, as READY button. Spawn camping occurs when a team stomping other, as usual in CW, then why waste time? All stomped players can press an EXIT button and,when list is full, entire team leaves the match.

Another possible solution is not play CW.

Edited by skorpionet, 06 February 2015 - 08:24 AM.

#288 Mogul

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth West, UK

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

Just played my first game of the new counter attacking mode. I was dead before I got chance to turn my mech around, spawn camping is a problem, but the the fact is that there is nothing in place to counter it. Maybe the drop ships should stay on the ground and provide covering fire until the next drop or something, because at the moment the game is no fun to play in counter attack, as IS anyway.

#289 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

Played an attack the other day.

Solo drop counter attacking on Boreal.

So my team of pugs herds up to the gate, drops it, and hides to play peek-a-boo.

Defenders got brave and set up firing lines just outside the gates. My team kept falling back.

Told them if they dont push out, they will get spawn camped.

6-25 i just went all Leroy trying to take at least one with me.

Not one of our mechs made it past the gate, team got spawn camped as my psychic powers predicted.

Now, put up barriers, MOAR dropship guns, Geneva Convention no spawncamping rules/etc.
Enemy will just camp right at where the defense ends...

...and the bad team stuck in their base will try to fight peek-a-boo just like a normal solo drop.

Koniving had some interesting ideas re: turret placement and such.

But in the end, bad teams gonna bad. Is that even fixable outside individual teams training their new members?

#290 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostMogul, on 06 February 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

Just played my first game of the new counter attacking mode. I was dead before I got chance to turn my mech around, spawn camping is a problem, but the the fact is that there is nothing in place to counter it. Maybe the drop ships should stay on the ground and provide covering fire until the next drop or something, because at the moment the game is no fun to play in counter attack, as IS anyway.

BS. There is no way to start a game being spawn camped.

#291 Mogul

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth West, UK

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

2nd 3rd and 4th drops there is not first.

#292 SplinterdBrain

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

Drop ship already has large lasers, they hurt like hell, and if you are damaged you might die from it. If you are losing already then what is the problem, the opposing team are just trying to get t he match over as soon as possible. Don't be mad if th ey are better!

#293 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 06 February 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

BS. There is no way to start a game being spawn camped.

Depends who shot him, I guess.

#294 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

yeah, spawn camping, always been a pretty douche move, especially an organized unit v pugs.
Defenses , including dropships need to be significantly more potent.
It would also help if one could eject earlier from the DS, with some type of damage penalty to legs if no JJ so as not to be a literal sitting duck .

Also , looking foward to tonight, idk if it was a one time, but last night something was seriously broken with the servers, OR there is shennanigans amongst some groups.. Every conceivable type of lag, warping you name it happened at various times facing groups. I , for once have a top notch pc so, i would think its good ol pgi. but, if otherwise,

#295 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostHarathan, on 06 February 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Depends who shot him, I guess.

Lol...good point. I didn't even consider his own team...however he said he was killed before he hit the ground so I ruled out his fellow dropping teammates. I also didn't consider that maybe he had killed himself! I am not sure there is a fix to that kind of spawn camping. :)

#296 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

View Postmekabuser, on 06 February 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

yeah, spawn camping, always been a pretty douche move, especially an organized unit v pugs.
Defenses , including dropships need to be significantly more potent.
It would also help if one could eject earlier from the DS, with some type of damage penalty to legs if no JJ so as not to be a literal sitting duck .

So implement an invulnerability perimeter? What happens then when the same whiners whine about being killed just outside said perimeter? What then? Increase its size?

If that does not quell the crying, restrict defenders to their base? Create no-go areas for attackers?

This will never end until people realize that some players are just plain better than they are.

As I said before:

View PostMystere, on 05 February 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Well, since you put it that way ...

The team was pushed back to their landing zone in a stand up fight. Now they have to suffer the consequences of their failure: surrender or die.

PGI, I think it's time CW was given a surrender mechanic.

And as someone else previously said, ambushes are part of combat. What people are asking for is the removal of the possibility of ambushes.

Edited by Mystere, 06 February 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#297 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Spawn camping happens when you allow the enemy force to dominate and dictate the battlefield. People think rushing in on counter attack and taking out the base is a good idea...well they often get flanked and wiped. Understand that it is a battle of attrition and you need to think. Or that using a lance to defend one gate on Sulfer is enough to stop a determined and organized unit. Organize yourselves...it is after all COMMUNITY WARFARE...or don't, I love collecting exp and cbills from whiney players QQing about spawn camping. Gives me something to laugh about as I try to quickly dismantle their faces...

Edited by Von Blumen, 06 February 2015 - 07:11 PM.

#298 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

I am sick and tired of not having a Hot Soy Mocha waiting for me at my drop zone. It is unacceptable that PGI wants me to play non-caffeinated. I require a globe of invulnerability at the drop site, along with my Mocha, so that I may sit in safety and imbibe my favorite beverage. This is fun for me. Not allowing me to do this is unacceptable. Currently there is NO WAY to stop people from shooting at me. I would like control over when the enemy can fire at me. This is an exploit that the enemy can abuse and use to kill me and my mech. It happens in game after game. It just happened in a game! I was shot! This is unacceptable.

PGI PLEAZE FIX NOW!

Edit: And no Von Blumen...you have to get your own Mocha.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 06 February 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#299 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

no one said anything about invulnerability or blah blah or any of the other hyperbole being thrown around.
I SAID.. that its a douche move to shoot fish in a barrel, and it is.
AND i SAID that the DS need to improve firepower and the defenders need some other option than to be ferried into the very center of battle in an
insane manner due to design of the gamemode itself. by said impotent asinine dropship. mechanism.

its so very fckin easy to say quit ur cryin when ur the clown ****** game after game.. eh?

be on the receiving end often enough and you would know its TOO easy when u can just **** the spawn if you can push hard enough.. ONCE
voip WILL , and or SHOULD help rally defenses vs clan streak blah this and small pulse boat that and all the other cheese, i get to see as an IS pilot. as you ****, but it wont staunch it enough because its broken.. theres no fall back position.

add to that the game itself , at present cannot handle what is going on . IDK if cryengine can only handle so much team shiite at once without flaking out, but ive been playing this game since day one, and what ive seen the last few nights in CW is unplayable performance in a furball.
So now what. ?
Your entitled "I like it MY way Go team blah " is NOT the only VALID experience in this game.
Nor the only valid metric to judge whether or not something is working as intended.

#300 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

View Postmekabuser, on 06 February 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

no one said anything about invulnerability or blah blah or any of the other hyperbole being thrown around.
I SAID.. (lots of mad stuff)

I was spawn killed today in CW. It was entirely the fault of me and my team. Period. No game mechanic changes needed (although some could be super cool to add depth).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users