Is House Kurita The Weakest Faction?

150 replies to this topic

#1 SplinterdBrain

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...r/page__st__100

This above topic on the link was posted to make, I guess, the smoke jags aware that QQ were being weasels and trying to stir conflict. Many comments were made making it seem that going through Kurita space was an easy task.

A lot of references are made on pages 4 through 6 from people in 228, QQ, and CI that kuritain basically suck. Not really sure how you all feel about that, but I don't agree, but wanted to let you all know. I thought is was pretty lame that they would throw you all under the bus.

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

We're not the weakest in terms of players or skill, but in organized units playing CW they aren't wrong. The High Council is trying to get more people online and playing- the 20th patch should help getting PUGs together with our units in a more effective fashion.

#3 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

Like the Japanese proverb says, "The ship that will not obey the helm will have to obey the rocks." Kurita's problems have been organizational, not a question of skill. Thankfully they have been making strides towards correcting that. All Kuritans who want to participate in CW should check out the TS at house-kurita.enjinvoice.com. The faction that drops together stays together.

#4 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

Also, Kurita is sandwiched between Davion (the typical IS powerhouse), Ghost Bear (the Clan powerhouse), and Smoke Jaguar (who has no one else to fight). Plus Steiner and FRR who are quite capable, but not necessarily going after Kurita.

#5 Tony Benoit

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationForum Banned, New account soon

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

Yes, by far.

#6 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 17 January 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

We're not the weakest in terms of players or skill, but in organized units playing CW they aren't wrong.
The irony here is that one might almost appreciate how this mirrors House Kurita's reputation in the background -- highly skilled individual warriors handicapping themselves by not fighting as a unit, but instead trying to solo their enemies because BANZAI! and samurai honor.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 17 January 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#7 Todo Sandybanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 269 posts
  • Location....

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 17 January 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Also, Kurita is sandwiched between Davion (the typical IS powerhouse), Ghost Bear (the Clan powerhouse), and Smoke Jaguar (who has no one else to fight). Plus Steiner and FRR who are quite capable, but not necessarily going after Kurita.

Yeah it would be hard for any faction,[even a faction with some good units like, 3tl NS and others i don't know of.] when they are sandwhiched so hard like that.

View PostKyone Akashi, on 17 January 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

The irony here is that one might almost appreciate how this mirrors House Kurita's reputation in the background -- highly skilled individual warriors handicapping themselves by not fighting as a unit, but instead trying to solo their enemies because BANZAI! and samurai honor.

That was in the lore [just like the clans liked to do 1v1s] but against groups like wolf's dragoons and others they eventually started fighting together and focusing fire on thier enemies, but in the game MWo people cooperate alot more than in the lore.

o7 Kurita cannot wait to see you on the battlefield once again.
*,..,*

#8 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

You'll see us :)

In lore, Kurita had a parity with both Steiner and Davion regarding force numbers, for the most part. Davion had a slight edge in pure numbers, but less individually skilled warriors while Steiner had the upper hand in terms of Mech weight, having more Assault class Mechs while Kurita focused on Light/Heavy classes. Unfortunately, while the overall HK numbers are decent, we don't have the same amount of organized players that Steiner/Davion do. The 20th patch will hopefully be a big boost to us in terms of allowing non-unit players to group up for CW.

#9 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

NS holds 10 planets and are the only kuritian house faction that has their name on any territory. The few others belong to roaming mercs not with the house anymore.

/thread.

Edited by SteelWarrior, 17 January 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#10 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:18 PM

Basically, take a look at this image and you'll get the picture as to why we're not doing well.

Posted Image

Worth noting is that I'm pretty sure the 228th, Aces, and BSA have ended their contracts with us and have gone elsewhere. I have also left 3TL recently - they're a good bunch of players to spend time with, but they have all but quit playing CW, meaning that I had to find another unit if I wanted to get any CW play. 11th and 36th might pick up after the 20th when we get the 8 hour ceasefires, as they're both German units. They expressed their dismay to me a few weeks back about how they get every gain they make taken away by ceasefire.

Long story short, our units signed up for CW, played the event, and seem to have quit. The majority just do standard drops. NS is really the only unit currently pulling their weight, and a few DC line units are joining up with them in the council, but the vast majority are refusing to play CW, either due to matches taking "Too long", or they think that gameplay against clans is imbalanced in the clans' favor.

At this point, I don't think PGI is even looking at unit participation in order to determine unit balance. I think it's just "Numbers" plain and simple. Personally, I think that anyone who doesn't participate in CW should have their contracts phase out so that the faction strength stats aren't bloated with non-participants.

Edited by ice trey, 17 January 2015 - 10:26 PM.

#11 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Ha ha. Mercenary dog. We trick you. We only pretend to lose worlds, is all a big ruse.

Meanwhile, glorious DCMS advances taking place in other parts of galaxy. Dear Coordinator outsmart Davion again, while also maintaining proper diet and exercise regimen for heart health. Would not want Dear Coordinator randomly fall over dead of stupid heart attack in middle of war. Ha ha. That be very embarrassing for stupid nation to lose great leader on eve of big battle to clog artery.

#12 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostTasker, on 17 January 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

Ha ha. Mercenary dog. We trick you. We only pretend to lose worlds, is all a big ruse.

Meanwhile, glorious DCMS advances taking place in other parts of galaxy. Dear Coordinator outsmart Davion again, while also maintaining proper diet and exercise regimen for heart health. Would not want Dear Coordinator randomly fall over dead of stupid heart attack in middle of war. Ha ha. That be very embarrassing for stupid nation to lose great leader on eve of big battle to clog artery.

Hanse Davion reference :lol:

#13 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

View Postice trey, on 17 January 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

I have also left 3TL recently - they're a good bunch of players to spend time with, but they have all but quit playing CW, meaning that I had to find another unit if I wanted to get any CW play. 11th and 36th might pick up after the 20th when we get the 8 hour ceasefires, as they're both German units. They expressed their dismay to me a few weeks back about how they get every gain they make taken away by ceasefire.

Our Time(zone) will come ;)

Posted Image

#14 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

Even space sweden and space china were doing better before they got loaded up with comp teams.

We've been pressuring kurita for two days and I haven't seen a single 12 man turn up in their defense, just a hodgepodge of IS pugs (most of which aren't even kuritan).

#15 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

Smoke Jaguars try very hard in Clan Wars beta. Silly Jaguars, no one care about broken beta with ghost drop nonsense. You work real hard for worlds that revert back to Kurita control soon enough. Maybe instead of waste time with pointless exercise, you go help Davion archaeological team rebury 62 million graves ha ha.

#16 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

View Postice trey, on 17 January 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

At this point, I don't think PGI is even looking at unit participation in order to determine unit balance. I think it's just "Numbers" plain and simple. Personally, I think that anyone who doesn't participate in CW should have their contracts phase out so that the faction strength stats aren't bloated with non-participants.

I think they look at CW drop numbers very closely. Otherwise I don't think Clan Wolf, easily one of the more popular Clan factions, wouldn't have gotten the LP/CB boost.

#17 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostDavers, on 17 January 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

Like the Japanese proverb says, "The ship that will not obey the helm will have to obey the rocks."

What a great proverb, I'm going to have to use that!

#18 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

I keep running into DCMS units in the public queue, and they all seem to be under the mistaken impression that CW Beta translates to "The map will be reset so no biggie". Maybe that's something your high council guys could talk about at their next brunch.

#19 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

Smoke Jaguar spend lot of time on other faction's forum. Maybe compensating for deficiency somewhere?

Little Kurita humor there. Ha ha.

#20 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 17 January 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

NS holds 10 planets and are the only kuritian house faction that has their name on any territory. The few others belong to roaming mercs not with the house anymore.

/thread.

Actually you are quite incorrect on that score. The Takata Lancers held a planet. You might want to wind that ego in of yours, several other Kuritan house units held planets to...besides you.
You aren't the best-just the most active in CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users