• Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:33 AM

View PostBUDFORCE, on 19 January 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Wolverines are better. ;)

Griffin isn't a bad mech though.

I thought Wolverines were pretty 'meh', until they got their quirks. Now I LOVE the 6K.

#42 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:26 AM

View PostAirmanator, on 03 February 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:

The Sparky is okay for its duties. The only role I can see it good at is with two LLs/ERLLs and MLas back ups; anything else the Hunchback 4P (close range) and Shadowhawk 2K (long range) can do with generally better results. It's a good supplement to a CW drop deck if you want to go for some energy range play. Perhaps without missile hard points it just doesn't have the umph that it should. It DOES have the benefit of the Griffin chassis maneuverability, though, and that's an instabuy for some.

I see the LPL + Mlas Sparky build thrown around often and I'm not really convinced by it. I'd say stop beating around the bush on that one and just drop the LPL and downgrade to a Firestarter S for double the damage and longevity.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1c0e6617e61e8a9

LPLs tear through light mechs in quick succession. This mech isn't suited for a brawl, it's a skirmisher - poke, alpha, reposition, repeat. The Firestarter is an excellent mech but two good alphas from this mech will pretty much destroy the legs on any light mech.

Edited by Tabu 73, 03 February 2015 - 07:28 AM.

#43 Zuri Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 120 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostTabu 73, on 03 February 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1c0e6617e61e8a9

LPLs tear through light mechs in quick succession. This mech isn't suited for a brawl, it's a skirmisher - poke, alpha, reposition, repeat. The Firestarter is an excellent mech but two good alphas from this mech will pretty much destroy the legs on any light mech.

Thanks for posting that, I tested a variant of it with the LPLs in the arms and it performed beautifully for interdiction duties in CW; it really does chew through the torsos of other mediums and the legs of lights very well. I've really underestimated this mech!

In short, this is now my game experience with the Sparky:

Posted Image

Edited by Airmanator, 04 February 2015 - 11:52 PM.

#44 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:16 AM

Glad I could be of some help :)

#45 Raziberry

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

I use a 3M carrying nothing but 2 ERPPCs, jump jest, and a bunch of double heat sinks.
Suits me just fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users