2 replies to this topic

#1 Escobar

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAdana, Turkey

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

I am currently finishing up image (map) generation code, and preparing it for deployment so that maps are generated automatically as each day changes.

The following links...
  • State of the Inner Sphere over time, thru to Start of Current Day

-- currently removed while I optimize the video generation (01-29) This should be live by Feb 1
...should remain constant, and the image/video behind them updated daily.

Links to these and additional graphics will soon be found at http://www.mechstats.com

With the pending (looming?) CW changes in the January 20 patch, I am holding off on having the images generated automatically and therefore on a predictable schedule. My biggest concern being what the multiple windows per day will look like. If a planet can be the subject of an attack by Faction A in window 1 and the subject of an attack in Window 2 by Faction B, potentially changing hands multiple times per calendar day, I may have some serious changes to make.

Until the January 20 changes are understood and accounted for, please be aware that there are no exact times when the images are updated, and with me being GMT+2, my best guess would be by 1500 daily, GMT.

I am also generating local star maps, one for each planet, showing control of the surrounding space. These will become available at the same source, probably in the next day or two.

Oh, and all of the timings given, today or later on, depend on CDN replication which I am striving to understand. So, dont set your watch by any of this.

Feedback always appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Escobar, 29 January 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#2 Drak0light

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

Can you think it is possible to set this in web timeline ?

#3 Escobar

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAdana, Turkey

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

I have finished up the final rendering of both the inner sphere and local planet maps, made the current and history view contextual to the selected faction, and added a time-lapse video from start to now for the inner sphere map. That is probably about as far as I am going to take this for the time being.

http://www.mechstats.com

I have all the component data to generate SVG for maps. If anyone is interested, I can provide links to pull live content.

Also, I lack the imaging patience/experience needed to make the map and video look any better. If anyone would like to assist, I can offer access to sample data and the existing rendering code, and would happily accept any improvements you can make.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users