Zeus Talk

9 replies to this topic

#1 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:33 AM

So there seems to be threads popping up for the other resistance mechs. So I thought I would start one for the Zeus too. Thoughts? Hopes? Concerns?

Looks like all the variants are going to be mid-long range oriented. PPC's and LRM's and such. Both are weapons I don't personally like too much. I am hoping they have good hit boxes so they can be used to brawl.

They have a Max engine rating of 390, so they will be able to really cruise around if you go anywhere near the max engine size.

Also hoping for some good AC5 (Or UAC5) quirks on the 6S. Something like the Orion-V has.

Edit: Oh! And they all have CT laser hard points, so they will be able to zombie as well!

Edited by Punk Oblivion, 30 January 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#2 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

I expect my 6T to be brawler, replace the LRM with 3 SRMs, PPC swap out for LPL and the torso lasers to be ML or MPL.
Fill the weight with DHS and ammo.

9S could be an energy support, drop the LRM to install more LL and DHS.

6S will be the range support. Keep the LRM15, downgrade the LL to standard ML for 3x ML in torso. Maybe dual UAC5 if I can find the weight.

Edited by xengk, 31 January 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#3 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

I want to like this chassis because it looks good. But sadly I feel it doesn't have something special.... I hope someone can make a fast assault build then I'd consider buying one.

#4 IronLichRich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

Does the Zeus have lower arm actuators?

I'll probably do something similar to what xengk plans, but I plan on putting a gauss rifle in my 6S. I've got an XL 320 laying around somewhere if the zeus is XL friendly

#5 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

I'm thinking that the arms will be lower-slung, like the Phract, so brawler (at least with the arm weapons) would be a better fit. SRM6s and LB10s. :D

And then a hard-poker like LPLs in the torso.

#6 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

As long as I can dakka alot that would be awesome, though Im ok with how the Zeus Versions are. Only thing left is to test em out :)

#7 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

Well, I assume later in the game, when the Heavy Gauss arrives (Oh god the madness of them), it'll recieve a new variant and Quirks for that Giant Slug of a weapon, aside from that if it could Dakka Dakka like tordin says, I'd be more than happy.

#8 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

Looking back on the builds, looks like the Zeus will be able to Zombie up. Hard to say if the hitboxes will be amenable to this, but if they are, I'd think about running the 6S this way:

RA: (A)SRM6
RT: AMS (I always run AMS on my mechs)
CT: LPL
LT: 2MPLs (maybe? really depends on how high they are, but it looks like they're low-mounts)
LA: either LB10 or 2AC5s.

Preferably moving about 80kph with speed tweak.

#9 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

The 9S? Oh, that guy NEEDS 3LPLs in that left arm. Either that or 3 PPCs.

#10 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, the 9S is definitely getting a laser suite with as big of a STD engine as I can cram in there. Maybe 2LL/2ML or 2LPL/2MPL

The 6T will either be 3 SRM4's with LPL's/LL's or 3 ASRM6's with a few ML's

As for the 6S, I am hoping for some good AC2/AC5/UAC5/AC10 quirks since it is the only Dakka Zeus. Then pair the AC's with some LL's for a good mid-range build since the other two will be strait brawlers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users