7 Days Premium Time; Weekend Giveaway

36 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors.
I'm offering THREE (3) codes for 7 days of premium time, for free, but like anything around here, its not that easy!

You must be a NEW player who has an account FOR LESS THAN A YEAR, BUT YOUR CADET BONUS HAS EXPIRED!

Dont send me PM's, Post in this thread.
I will search thru your posts, and other threads for any clues about double accounts, fibbing or being Wealthier than Blake.

Thats it, the ONLY stipulation is posting here, you have not been here longer than ONE year, and your Cadet Bonus is over.
Grinding like a ground trooper is painfully slow after that glorious soft shoe grace period!

I'll PM you the code MONDAY NIGHT (JAN. 26) AROUND 6PM EST.
If the person receiving said booty wants to post their name, excellent, I wont. I'll simply edit this post and announce its over.
Fair enough?

Ok, whats your cool story bro'?

Special thanks to MoonUnitBeta for sending me the codes for the WEEK LONG FREEMIUM® EXTRAVAGANZA!!

All gone! anyone have problems activating, PM or post.

Edited by That Dawg, 26 January 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#2 denghis

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:36 AM

Started this past xmas after not playing a game since MW2: Mercs. Been playing as much as I can to try to take advantage of faction sales (and to stop being bad). Would love some premium time since I need the c-bills to make my light mechs usable (damn XL engines). Saving enough for my first assault mech would be great too (BNC-3M sale please).

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

Huzzah!

Also: Welcome to MWO Denghis. Glad to see you pick the Capellan Confederation. There's a treaty at the moment with the Mariks so don't strike purple and slaughter the yellow (Davions) on the Faction tab's game modes. :D See you in the field someday, I hope. (Treaty thread). Lets us focus on the Davions. (Vid of my first Liao versus Davions fight as you may or may not have had a chance to try Community Warfare [CW] yet).

Edited by Koniving, 23 January 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#4 denghis

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

Thanks. I did CW a few times and I'm fairly familiar with the current situation/issues. When I first did it, I only had 1-2 completed mechs, so I've put CW on hiatus to fill my mechbays with usable, non-trial mechs.

#5 MerlinKhan777

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:31 AM

Grinding is tough business fellas, had to spend some money and still do not have my account like I want, still need griffens and a fire starter to get.
Started playing MWO earlier in 2014 but still under a year I believe, got very busy with life, when I came back because my friend told me community warfare was fianlly launched, I still had almost all my cadet bonus to achieve, but am totally done with it now. Now the grinding is harder than ever. Thanks for giving up some premium for us noobs. :)

#6 Celthon

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

I am in the process of downloading this game as I type this (still have approx 35 mins. left)...since I have yet to log in for the first time, I'm assuming I have not even begun the "Cadet Status" yet, correct? But wanted to say Hi...and give a thank you to someone who's helping others (even if I'm not qualified)...a nice thing to see in the beginning of my MechWarrior career.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

I'm proud of you for coming into the forums while on your way. Most only tend to come in after they've plunged neck deep. Welcome to MWO.

You may not need this, but if you scroll about half way through it you'll see information about the admittedly lackluster tutorial and furthermore, a 'Testing Ground' where you can safely experiment and get used to things before you wind up in a field where people are shooting at you.

I highly suggest getting comfortable with handling your mech before clicking 'Play Now' in the upper right corner of the screen in the game. (Since you are given 12 'trials' until you do get your first mech with your earnings, know you can change which one you bring into the testing grounds by selecting them).

That said, bring forth any questions you have whether here or in a new thread (but if you start one please keep reusing it so that players can follow your progress and furthermore, so that we can keep the clutter down).

It's currently 2:06 PM EST. Around 8 PM EST, me and several people are going to get together for various tests and random challenges in private matches. You're welcome to join us.
Spoiler

(Okay so it's 2:23 now, but yeah. Heh. Typing speeds.)
(edit: Added another two vids of similar events).

Edited by Koniving, 23 January 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#8 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

Hey there Dawg,

I wouldn't mind joining this giveaway too but you have one up already AND you have the same subject matter. Is it alright to "try" to win both and what about cut and pasting my other story to here? Just IDK.... thought perhaps you might mix it up a bit with this one to get another side of the story. I.E.; "What has been the greatest/memorable match that you have had in game" or "What do you feel like the future will be like in 3056 and will we be fighting in giant mechs then too?". You know, just a little bit more flavor than the last give away you had... ;)

#9 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostBsrlin, on 23 January 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

I am in the process of downloading this game as I type this (still have approx 35 mins. left)...since I have yet to log in for the first time, I'm assuming I have not even begun the "Cadet Status" yet, correct? But wanted to say Hi...and give a thank you to someone who's helping others (even if I'm not qualified)...a nice thing to see in the beginning of my MechWarrior career.

You are correct. You're first 25 games will give you lots of c-bills (money); win or lose. The bonus will gradually go down over each match but with some good luck/wins; you could easily have around 8-10 million c-bills. You have an important choice to make then. Buy the biggest mech you want OR buy a smaller mech and then give it a bunch of upgrades. You'll find 1/2 or one and 1/2 of the other choice if asked so it's really up to you. If you're big and slow, you might be able to dish it out face to face but a light mech will come behind you and kill you without you even being able to get it in your cross hairs once.

Personally, I went with a medium mech and upgraded it for my first mech. You might not get a lot of kills at first as you learn it. But, you'll be a bit more versatile (just don't rush an assault mech in its face) and be able to get into a match faster (the game tries to match it up 3 lights, 3 mediums, 3 heavies, and 3 assaults on a side. People don't play a lot of mediums and lights so they get matched up faster).

#10 LameoveR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hello again!
I don't want to sound greedy.
My cadet bonus expires in my first playday.
Now i'm grinding much better, but, you know, who doesn't want a free premium time to get more c-bills and mechs\modules?
Just need some more premium time to fill my CW dropdeck with a cheaty Doomcrow.
But, i really think, that someone else 1-months newcomer deserves it more than i.
Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

#11 EX S

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

Since joining both giveaways isn't against any rule...

I finally gathered the funds to buy my 1st King Crab and it feels like a good fit, but buying the upgrades it needs is another story entirely. I have already fulfilled all basic efficiencies, yet I only recently had enough to afford Endo and DHS let alone the next Crab.

Getting elite efficiencies for the Giant Enemy Crab will take a very long time.

#12 Xeklimer

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

Hello, i think i just started playing last week. I completed all 25 cadet achievements, not sure if that was what you were referring to. This game takes crazy grind, and if your not that great of a player, you'll find yourself making only 20k-50k cbucks per match. I burned probably 10 million on my first mech, a shadow-hawk variant, and while i made lots of huge adjustments to the loadout, I learned the hard way that blind in-game experimenting is not always a good thing (especially if you don't like the weapons etc you tested for your build in a match).

I found the Smurfy mechlab via Google and omg its saved me from grave mistakes of purchasing mechs that wouldnt match the loadouts/set-up i would like.

anyway, thanks for the cool giveaway. you're awesome.

#13 bookreader84

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

I could use some premium time :P

#14 DivideOverflow

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Hello! My cadet bonus just ran out, and I've been trying to figure out some good builds for light mechs. I'm new to MWO, as I heard mixed things originally, and then I sort of forgot about it. I've had the MW2 battlepack back in the day, and rocked every mechwarrior product since then. I'm really enjoying trying out different techniques and spectating others.

I have a baby on the way, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the near future, so I'm trying to get as much in now as possible! haha.

It is nice to see folks offering up help for new players! Thanks!

#15 Nimbus Captain Brannigan

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:39 AM

sigh, well my account is from way back when i was trying to get into beta... but started less than a year ago. Although I'm good at grinding as per my mechs.

#16 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:43 AM

First code for FREEMIUM® week sent out!

Edit: Seriously, how demented, how AWESOME for a father to do this for Halloween!
I mean, I'm guessing thats a male driven idea...

Posted Image

Edited by That Dawg, 24 January 2015 - 05:47 AM.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

You'd be surprised what some girls will do.

One of the female MWO players I know detonates unused ordnance for a living (seriously, that's an actual job), enjoys gladiator style melee with foam weapons (didn't even know this was a thing before she told me), and absolutely loves Centurions and Battlemasters.

I wouldn't put doing a costume like that past her, especially if she could be the one in it. Hm. Well damn now I've got ideas on building one. So it doesn't have to be a male driven idea. Just a fun-driven idea.

#18 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

View PostDivideOverflow, on 23 January 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

Hello! My cadet bonus just ran out, and I've been trying to figure out some good builds for light mechs. I'm new to MWO, as I heard mixed things originally, and then I sort of forgot about it. I've had the MW2 battlepack back in the day, and rocked every mechwarrior product since then. I'm really enjoying trying out different techniques and spectating others.

I'm not sure if I should send you a PM or reply here. After all, this post is about a give way more than advice. So, I'll KISS it here.

Light mechs survive on speed. Anything under 125kph is pretty much a deathtrap for a light mech. So, a lot of the engines that come with a light mech are pretty much junk. As I was building my Raven squad, one went 150 and the other went 115 and there was a WORLD of difference. One of the stupidest, deadliest builds is a Firestarter A with 6-8 small pulse lasers. Yes, the range is less than 200 meters but it is so hard to hit and kill and its ability to run in your 6 and fire death into your back is nuts.

Good luck.

#19 Celthon

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

I'm back...

Ok, just downloaded/installed the game yesterday (post #6 above)...the plan was to play a few matches/battles to get some idea about gameplay, etc. -- but 6-7 hours later and my cadet Status was over, and I'm now into the "grind'...still don't know diddly (I think I died quickly & violently in nearly every one of the 25 matches except one, lol).

I played a PC version of this game back in 1999/2000 (approx. date) in which one played campaigns against the AI (computer), and had moved on and not thought about this game until yesterday...I just had the thought: "Wonder if they ever made an online/multiplayer version..." Did a quick Google search, and here I be.

This version of the game is chaotic/hectic in comparison to the version I played then...and I remember the repair/reload vehicles that followed me into the battles (there were three)...they had to be guarded a bit as the AI would find them and destroy them...the three-sided contraption would close up around the mech and do it's thing...Ok, enough memory lane: (I'm 56 years old in RL, maybe getting to that "I remember in my day stage"?...nah, ;) )

Don't know why I should get a prize any more than any other...but got up this AM after playing for hours yesterday, and wanted to post something, and say I love this game thus far...lots of differences from what I played before, but once I start learning the maps, tactics, etc. I'll hopefully die less, and be less of a burden/hindrance to the teams I get put on.

Edited by Bsrlin, 24 January 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#20 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

View PostKoniving, on 24 January 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

One of the female MWO players I know detonates unused ordnance for a living (seriously, that's an actual job)

I find that............arousing :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users