Fastest Way To Earn C-Bills For A Bad Player?

99 replies to this topic

#81 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostMercules, on 26 January 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Step 1) Take out Credit Card
Step 2) Buy MC
Step 3) Buy C-bill Package(s) with MC

Fastest way to accumulate C-bills.

Better off buying the champ Jenner, and then selling it (along with all it's equipment). Little slower, but more C-bills per MC. Also heard the champ Cicada was good for this as well.

#82 Daedalus7

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

Use hero/champion light mechs with high dps output. When the game starts run toward enemy spawn without being seen and troll for loners. If you run into afk mechs just shot the cockpit for a fast kill. Inflict as much dmg as possible + kills (200-400dmg range). If you get swarmed just concentrate fire on a single target and take the death. When dead leave and start a new game. Cross your fingers that your little dent helped for a win.

#83 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, instead of doing a suicide charge in a light do it in a medium and try to take someone out (don't literally suicide, just play aggressively). You'll die almost as fast (especially if you accidentally the whole enemy team), do a lot more damage, and sabotage your team's chances less -- well-played lights are useful, mediums are generally fodder anyway.

As a brand new player you're probably going to be doing like 50 damage a match. Might as well do it quickly.

#84 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

But the fastest way to earn a decent amount of cbills?

fork over like 30 bucks and buy urself the Cbill packages out of the store.........cuz playing the game? And if your a bad player? You will play 300 games and might get 1million...

#85 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

I'd assume the death rush is worst way to make C-bills...ultimately you spend more time between and waiting for games than actually playing. That's a lot of waste time where you ain't making C-bills.

For a new player who can't afford, nor carry a team with an Assault, I'd say the best way is to use a descent medium and stay with the bigger mechs. You gain nice bonuses for supporting them, you tend to be unnoticed when covering the rear flank of a large power house mech. This allows you you get in a lot damage on easy to hit targets, swipe a few kills and deter smaller mechs from harassing your big mechs. Most importantly, you contribute towards winning, improving you rein rate and increasing your average payout.

#86 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

Take a LRM10 as secondary weapon if you can spare the weight.
Reach out and touch every enemy you can get your hand on.
Same thing with LL/ERLL.

Stick with teammates, whenever they or you fire on an enemy, you will score lance formation and x protect bonus. The enemy will be too busy to shoot back if you are smaller than the next guy in the team, you can safely rake in hit and run, component destruction and kill assist bonus from that engagement. Repeat this as many time as possible each match.

#87 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

View PostXetelian, on 24 January 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

Premium time + hero mech only way to go.

This exactly. It is why I love piloting my prime(I) mechs.

#88 RiggsIron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:09 AM

View PostCharAznable1996, on 24 January 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Ive been earning C-bills pretty quickly playing only lights and running straight into the enemy team, its not that effective but it doesn't take long to die and get into another game and its hilarious because they all freak out and start shooting their team mates. How do you guys earn C-bills quickly, im looking for other methods.

Ah so that would explain the behavior seen in game.

Intentional suicide. I am pretty sure there is some code of conduct rules on that.

I guess trying to play to win is an alien concept?

#89 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

I stay with my Lance and try to focus fire on targets with them. Lots of bonuses for team work.

#90 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

View PostBurktross, on 25 January 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Eh, I didn't know that. You can't DC after death and still get cbills?

Yes and no.
Yes, you will get Cbills for kills and Assists you received up to the point you disconnected.
No, you do not receive any further assists if teammates kill an opponent you damaged while alive, but you have already disconnected.

For example: You get 3 kills, damage the remaining 9 mechs on the enemy team, but only 2 of them are killed before you disconenct. You will get Cbills and XP for damage dealt, those 3 kills and 2 assists. What you will not get, is the 7 further assists if they are destroyed after your disconnect.

#91 Sembrin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 28 January 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

Yes and no.
Yes, you will get Cbills for kills and Assists you received up to the point you disconnected.
No, you do not receive any further assists if teammates kill an opponent you damaged while alive, but you have already disconnected.

For example: You get 3 kills, damage the remaining 9 mechs on the enemy team, but only 2 of them are killed before you disconenct. You will get Cbills and XP for damage dealt, those 3 kills and 2 assists. What you will not get, is the 7 further assists if they are destroyed after your disconnect.

Except this is all completely wrong as my buddy and I easily tested it. This is one of those rumors that just never dies. You can safely leave a game and you will get your assists for any mechs that die after you leave.

#92 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostSembrin, on 28 January 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

Except this is all completely wrong as my buddy and I easily tested it. This is one of those rumors that just never dies. You can safely leave a game and you will get your assists for any mechs that die after you leave.

I would love to see your data on that.

#93 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

Welcome to K-Town!

Posted Image

#94 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

View PostLordSkippy, on 28 January 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

Welcome to K-Town!

Posted Image

Are you the new K-Town welcoming committee?

#95 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image

#96 Sembrin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 28 January 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

I would love to see your data on that.

My "data"? My buddy was the first on our team to die, though he scratched a few reds before he bit it. One red had died at that point, but my buddy hadn't damaged him. His death screen showed zero assists. When game ended the score screen showed him with 5 assists, since we killed the entire enemy team. Drop with anyone who chooses (or not haha) to die early and you'll see this for yourself.

*Edit

I should mention he disconnected from the game right after he died, that's important haha

Edited by Sembrin, 29 January 2015 - 12:01 AM.

#97 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

View PostSembrin, on 28 January 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

My "data"? My buddy was the first on our team to die, though he scratched a few reds before he bit it. One red had died at that point, but my buddy hadn't damaged him. His death screen showed zero assists. When game ended the score screen showed him with 5 assists, since we killed the entire enemy team. Drop with anyone who chooses (or not haha) to die early and you'll see this for yourself.

*Edit

I should mention he disconnected from the game right after he died, that's important haha

That's the thing though. We know it counts the assists at the end screen game. Did he receive the C-Bills for the assists he wasn't there for?

#98 Sembrin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

I have no idea. I also don't know that my kills, spots, or any other cbill-earning action pays out if I leave a match early. Why specifically do you ask about assists? Give me a reason to doubt, or I'm just going to say you're trying to justify a position that makes no sense.

#99 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostSembrin, on 29 January 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

I have no idea. I also don't know that my kills, spots, or any other cbill-earning action pays out if I leave a match early. Why specifically do you ask about assists? Give me a reason to doubt, or I'm just going to say you're trying to justify a position that makes no sense.

Yes, you do get some of your match rewards after disconnecting. Try it. If you ever get into a battle and you do some damage, then end up dead, disconnect. Then just wait (keep your eye on the screen the whole time) until the match is over. Your client will do it's "CONNECTING" thing, and your C-Bills, and GXP will get updated.

Because you can get an assist for as little as 0.1 damage on the enemy mech.

Early on in Beta there was an epidemic of players running head long into the enemy team, tagging all of them with 1 ML or something, and then disconnecting. Jump into another mech, rinse, and repeat. To farm C-Bills.

So PGI made it so that If you disconnect, you only get the rewards you have already collected (as in it popped on your screen, like "Component Destroyed ---- XP -----C-Bills."

So yes, your buddy will show X number of assists at the match end screen, but did he receive ANY rewards for the ones after his DC? Bear in mind, he would need to have some of the mechs he hit be alive until after he DC's.

(Calculating the rewards is easy. Assists have a fixed C-Bill value that currently escapes me)

#100 RabidQua1l

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

Uhh take The panther trail and Just ppc Mechs.... So yea

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users