Fastest Way To Earn C-Bills For A Bad Player?

99 replies to this topic

#1 Direwoof

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKamloooooooops

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

Ive been earning C-bills pretty quickly playing only lights and running straight into the enemy team, its not that effective but it doesn't take long to die and get into another game and its hilarious because they all freak out and start shooting their team mates. How do you guys earn C-bills quickly, im looking for other methods.

#2 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

You troll them into giving you C-bills. That should work.

#3 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

Define fast.

Assuming that match wins, you earn more just tagging things with a laser once. You get 12 Assists, probably a flank, and whatever damage value youcan eek out on a suicide run.

God forbid you run into a clan streakboat however.

#4 Direwoof

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKamloooooooops

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

My matches usual last about 2 min and I usually do about 50-150 damage.

#5 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

You're usually better off living long enough to shoot at most/all of the enemy team rather than getting focus fired in seconds and earning practically nothing.

Additionally, if you leave the game immediately you don't get credit for any kill assists (even if you managed to scrape some of your lasers across the entire enemy team) because you need to be in the game when they die in order to get credit for an assist, probably to stop ******** tactics like this.

#6 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

I wouldn't suggest your trolling method.

Yesterday on alpine was amusing we had the hill 3 lights decided to do exactly what you just stated.

All decided to focus me. How did that end for them ? We were 3-0 up before the major engagement and I barely had any armour lost on my arms ands legs my vital areas were untouched. Thanks to those lights we proceeded to a easy win .

Best way to make money in my view is stick with the main group engage with them , Enemy mechs will likely be distracted even if you lose the engagement your guaranteed to rack up decent damage with some assists and kills.

Running off alone is how you don't make money. And is how it should be don't get paid for being foolish

#7 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Premium time + hero mech only way to go.

#8 Direwoof

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKamloooooooops

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

Ive tried that but I suck so I usually don't get any C-bills anyway if I try. Especially since all my mechs except my Nova suck. King Craff im looking at you.

#9 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

^ I would highly recommend any new player get a handle on balance and matchmaking before they consider spending money,

Seriously.

You haven't found the right mech for you then.

If you prefer lights

You cant go wrong with a firestarter but most would probably go for one of the ecm options especially in the pug queue , Not sure about clans light wise pretty poor options.

Mediums

Most would probably say shadow hawk or hunchback IS wise.

Flat out Stormcrow clan wise.

Heavies

Most would say t-bolt / jagermech / cataphract IS wise

Timberwolf / mad dog clan wise.

Assault

eh not an area I have much knowledge with but from what I see.

IS wise depending on what your after Banshee highlander battlemaster isn't bad king crab . A lot like the atlas particularly the DDC (ecm) But its a huge target not new player friendly at all.

Clan wise , dire wolf for brute force. Probably the warhark if you really want a assault lurm boat. But yeah I wouldn't recommend the hawk.

I would not recommend a assault or light for a new player.

Assaults to slow easy target , All that firepower is worthless in a novices hands and having a bad assault on the team can be devastating . On the flip side of the coin the light can get its self out of trouble but again in a new players hands they tend to die fast having contributed little to nothing to the team.

Mediums and heavies are probably the way to go

Medium has a decent amount of manoeuvrability can equip a decent amount of firepower , Cant take that much of a beating so you need to stay close to friends , But their pretty well rounded.

I personally prefer the heavies your sacrificing speed vs the medium (not that much though you can still get yourself out of bad spots pretty easily , They have more firepower and can take much more of a beating, Thing is you tend to become the sphere head leading the charges if the assaults are poor pilots or damaged. But a successful push wins games. You cant do this in a medium or light you would be exterminated if you walked out first and watch the pugs "nope not doing that".

And you will find a lot in pug games teams will just sit there and do nothing when the time to push is now and lose through it and if your not in a mech that can survive spear heading game over.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 24 January 2015 - 11:45 PM.

#10 Direwoof

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKamloooooooops

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

King Crab is really big and fragile and slow and my variant you have to get very close 2 AC/20s and 1 large laser. Ive had some decent games in it but more are epic fail because some of the maps are too open for it.

#11 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

In very general and broad strokes for Solo, find your Assaults and support them.

Which means giving ECM, if you have it, and most certainly focus down whatever they do.

Sure lights can go out solo, but that is much harder than it sounds and can ruin a match for your team with enough losses from unlucky Rambos.

For Group drops, knowing your role is a boon for such drops, where the team with the best definition and coordination can often win.

Concentrate on those points and use Premium and you too can gain citizenship... Posted Image

^_^

#12 LameoveR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

Lights and Assaults is not the best choise for a newcomer.
Med's and Heavies is your choise.
For example http://mwomercs.com/...unchback-guide/

#13 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:47 PM

Posted Image

Find a gimmick build like 4 LBX AC10 DWF and rack up the component destructions and damage.

#14 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

^ Your suggesting a mech that cant break 55 kph that has to be positioned perfectly , once in battle is commited cant bug out practically impossible to miss.

And with a troll build

Really?

#15 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 24 January 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

^ Your suggesting a mech that cant break 55 kph that has to be positioned perfectly , once in battle is commited cant bug out practically impossible to miss.

And with a troll build

Really?

In solo queue all that armor will help, I figured if he went faster than 55 he'd be tempted to be the first one on the line of skirmish so I wanted to slow him down. Also as far as brawling goes, my DWF B with 4x LBxAC 10 can out brawl most SRM and laser vomit builds. No heat and pack plenty of ammo, I bring 202 ammo.

#16 Direwoof

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKamloooooooops

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

My King Craff is 48 kph and I still manage to be the 1st one in combat that's how cowardly people on this game are.

#17 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Well, coming from a player who suffers from horrible FPS, my instant suggestion would be to play the LRM game. (My body is ready, throw your hate at me!)

-Build a dedicated LRM oat and try to co-ordinate with your team. I woulnd't suggest dropping with groups straight off the bat since chances are, you will get murdedred (my K/D dropped all the way down to 0.46 when I started group drops.
-Try out different builds and play style, that helps a lot.
-You should also check out video tutorial on torso twisting and all that kind of stuff.
-Try using tactics. I wouldn't say going to the center of the map every round to be a tactic, try swithcing up things a bit and approach the enemy in a different way. You might caught them on their rear, and that's almost like a guaranteed kill, depending on what mech you run with.
-

#18 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

^ Walking out infront of the enemy team in one mech and getting obliterated. Isn't brave .

#19 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:10 AM

Get a SCR -D
Give it 2 LRMs 15s best.
Fill the rest of the room with lasers Large or Medium.

Speed
Firepower

The SCR the TBR and the DWF are currently the best of the best.

#20 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Kill assists are worth more than kills. Help your team mates by killing the things they target.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users