Why Can't We Just All Hug?

36 replies to this topic

#1 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

If we could just lay down our egos and hug one another, this clan might be able to work together instead of being fractured.

Therefore, let this be a thread where one can complement other parts of our faction! Spread the goodwill!

And hugs, lots of hugs!

#2 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:22 AM

Even in the Lore Clan Wolf Split in two. It didn't get back together for almost 100 years.

#3 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

Posted Image

#4 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 25 January 2015 - 01:22 AM, said:

Even in the Lore Clan Wolf Split in two. It didn't get back together for almost 100 years.

They didn't hug very much either. We can prevent this by just recognizing that we are all on the same side!

#5 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

View PostOne of Little Harmony, on 25 January 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

If we could just lay down our egos and hug one another, this clan might be able to work together instead of being fractured.

Therefore, let this be a thread where one can complement other parts of our faction! Spread the goodwill!

And hugs, lots of hugs!

You're way too um, full of common sense and not rp chest thumping hypocritical BS to be a Wolf Harmony. I know this. Thanks for the effort, because you asked, I'll see what I can do but no promises.

#6 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

View PostOne of Little Harmony, on 25 January 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

They didn't hug very much either. We can prevent this by just recognizing that we are all on the same side!

I don't know, the clans were more than a little famous for doing more than hugging between those who were genetic brothers and sisters. :o :unsure: <_< :wub:

#7 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

It's all about the hugs

Edited by Ax2Grind, 25 January 2015 - 01:37 AM.

#8 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 25 January 2015 - 01:22 AM, said:

Well, that was because Jade Falcon tried to kill us all! XD

I'm all for it; the way we've been at it, we can all be made powerful allies if we just let crap go.

Turn south; there's planets of the Inner Sphere to take!

Let's not be so easily offended and overly sensitive, yeah?

#9 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 25 January 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

Technically that is not true, the Jade Falcons wanted to repudiate the tukkayyid truce and with the help of crusader elements in Clan Wolf levelled charges of genocide on Ulric Kerensky. What the Jade Falcons did not expect was Ulric Kerensky bidding the entire Clan Wolf for the defence of his Trial of Refusal. In the end, Clan Wolf split because Ulric did not anticipate the survival of the crusaders in Clan Wolf which he led into battle as cannon fodder, to grind crusader wolves against crusader falcon. Ulric expected that any survivors of his and Natasha's Galaxies would flee to join up with Phelan Ward in the Inner Sphere.

#10 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

That's true; pardon me.

I never read the books. :P I went off the source book and Sarna.net.

#11 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

I didn't get the sense that he ever thought that they would go to the IS and join up with Phalen. It just seemed to me that...

1. He needed to provide the Warden Wolves with cover and keep the Falcons Distracted.

2. He wanted to kill as many crusaders as possible and weaken both Falcons and Wolves who would remain.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Refusal_War

Edited by Alexander Steel, 25 January 2015 - 05:34 PM.

#12 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 25 January 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

I'm all for it; the way we've been at it, we can all be made powerful allies if we just let crap go.

Turn south; there's planets of the Inner Sphere to take!

Let's not be so easily offended and overly sensitive, yeah?

Thats whats cool about JF we wear the douche hat!!!

"invites Ulric Kerensky to a duel........arty strikes him"

"Has a enclave on the planet huntress during operation bulldog....doesn't help Smoke Jageur"

"Allows clan hell horse to aid Malvina Hazen.......takes their entire galaxy as tribute"

:)

#13 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 25 January 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

I didn't get the sense that he ever thought that they would go to the IS and join up with Phalen. It just seemed to me that...

1. He needed to provide the Warden Wolves with cover and keep the Falcons Distracted.

2. He wanted to kill as many crusaders as possible and weaken both Falcons and Wolves who would remain.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Refusal_War

If you read Bred for War (The book that covers the refusal war) Ulric tells Vlad that should he die, that it was up to Vlad to lead the survivors to Phelan. Vlad responds by saying that perhaps instead of going to Phelan, that he (Vlad) would instead lead the remnants of Wolf on a rush to Terra as with the death of Ulric, the tukkayyid truce would be repudiated.

I know my Clan Wolf lore extremely well, hence Loremaster.

Edit: Malicious Intent is the book that covers the direct aftermath of the refusal war and the formation of Clan Jade Wolf -> Clan Wolf (new). It also has Vlad Ward essentially killing both Jade Falcon Khans in separate circle of equals, but I digress.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 25 January 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#14 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Because fleas?

I'm all for hugs but when is the last time you've seen a clanner hug?

#15 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

Yup read all of them. If Ulric had really had that be part of his master goal he would have picked somebody other than Vlad to do it. There was basically 0 chance that sort of order would have been followed, even more so considering the charges against him came from the crusaders in his own clan. Sure he might have given that order, but I don't think that he expected it.

I mean this is Vlad we are talking about. The guy who hated Phalen more than anybody else in the entire clan, the guy who felt Phalen cheated him out of everything that he deserved, and he expected him to lead a bunch of wolves to go join Phalen because... reasons?

Edited by Alexander Steel, 25 January 2015 - 09:28 PM.

#16 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

Hugs are dirty and spread germs. Just please bow politely once, say Hi and Good Game when it's over. That's all we ask.

#17 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostIhasa, on 25 January 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

Hugs are dirty and spread germs. Just please bow politely once, say Hi and Good Game when it's over. That's all we ask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Noesis, 25 January 2015 - 09:58 PM.

#18 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 25 January 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yup read all of them. If Ulric had really had that be part of his master goal he would have picked somebody other than Vlad to do it. There was basically 0 chance that sort of order would have been followed, even more so considering the charges against him came from the crusaders in his own clan. Sure he might have given that order, but I don't think that he expected it.

I mean this is Vlad we are talking about. The guy who hated Phalen more than anybody else in the entire clan, the guy who felt Phalen cheated him out of everything that he deserved, and he expected him to lead a bunch of wolves to go join Phalen because... reasons?

Actually, Ulric meant for Vlad to die, it just did not happen that way.

Ulric shook his head slowly. "I will see you dead, but just not yet. We have many world to visit, you and I, and much killing to do before our mission is ended"

Then later:

Ulric came face to face with Vlad. "If I fall, you know what your duty is, quiaff?" "To Win." "To preserve the Clan. If victory will do that, then you will win. If it will not, you will do what you must to bring as many of the Clan as possible to Khan Phelan." Vlad stiffened. "Take them to Phelan?" Ulric shrugged. "That, or surrender to the Jade Falcons and become a bondsman in their Clan."

Then later:

"If the truce is repudiated by the new ilkhan, the survivors and I will race forward and take Terra before they have a chance to take it themselves" The silence before Ulric's reply surprised Vlad. "I had hoped, Vladimir of the Wards, that the alternative would not occur to you. I think it will be best for all if you die here with me today."

Ulric expected Vlad to obey his Khan (Phelan) regardless of his animosity towards him. This is all the reason he needed to give that order. At the same time, Ulric expected that he would be successful in getting Vlad killed on Wotan, taking as many Jade Falcons down in the process, but that also did not happen due to Vandervahn Chistu's duplicity.

#19 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

Ulric expected Vlad to obey his Khan (Phelan) regardless of his animosity towards him. This is all the reason he needed to give that order. At the same time, Ulric expected that he would be successful in getting Vlad killed on Wotan, taking as many Jade Falcons down in the process, but that also did not happen due to Vandervahn Chistu's duplicity.

If that's what he expected, than Ulric was an idiot. This entire thing started because members of the Wolf Clan Defied the two Khans ((Natasha and Phalen)) and brought charges up against him. Why on earth would he expect them to suddenly start to obey NOW of all places.

"That, or surrender to the Jade Falcons and become a bondsman in their Clan."

That is what happened, although briefly.

I don't know.. if I follow your version of Ulric then it's clear that in his old age he was suffering from massive dementia or some other related mental failing.

#20 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 26 January 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

If that's what he expected, than Ulric was an idiot. This entire thing started because members of the Wolf Clan Defied the two Khans ((Natasha and Phalen)) and brought charges up against him. Why on earth would he expect them to suddenly start to obey NOW of all places.

Mmh. Maybe because their Clan was risking an Absorption? :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users